Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 2,483 Words
  • 2,952 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 37. Discoveries 4

I was cooking breakfast for dad and I, dad must have slept in as he was running a few minutes late, he must have had a long night again with all the extra work he’s been doing with the state and university.

 
“Mornin’ son” dad huffed as he fought off a yawn.
 
“Mornin’ dad, late night again?” I asked.
 
“Yeah, just a bit, but It’ll be better soon.”
 
“Oh I hope so, you’re working too much dad.” I said as I laid out a plate of bacon and eggs in front of him.
 
“Thanks son, you’re as reliable as ever” he said.
 
“No problem, dad, come on eat, you need it” I replied giving him a warm smile.
 
While we ate breakfast I couldn’t help myself but ask some more information from dad, I know Patri asked me to not reveal anything, but asking without alerting the others of the truth should be fine right? I was just really curious.
 
“Dad... uhm, can I ask you a question?”
 
“Sure thing son, what’s is it” dad said as he finished biting off a piece of toast.
 
“Do you know anything about Elves?... Victor mentioned a bit about them to me before and I’m just curious, you know, you being a State Liason Officer for stuff like this” I said trailing off.
 
“Oh... uh... I know a bit, but they’ve been gone for too long, I bet Victor knows more about them...” Dad replied, then he continued “Well... most likely you already know that they all vanished in 1782 right?”
 
“Yeah..., Victor also told me they were rather better liked by the royals and nobles in Europe before”
 
“Indeed, Elves were perceived as less of a threat than Vampires and Werewolves, some of them being able to heal also helped them gain favor amongst the wealthy” dad replied.
 
“So... any clues on how or why the disappeared?”
 
“Not really son, the people who had contact with the Elves before the vanished didn’t see or feel anything amiss moments or days before they disappeared, some say they’ve been raptured and ascended to heaven, some say they’ve casted a magical spell to hide, some say a mysterious disease killed them all off quickly, but all of that are just hearsay at best, no trace has been left on how they all just vanished” Dad said.
 
“Ahh... I see... that’s weird”
 
“Yeah indeed, a highly curious event to say the least, there must have been tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of Elves that disappeared” Dad replied.
 
“So... you have this skill to find out whether someone is a Vampire or Werewolf right? How bout for Elves?” I asked.
 
“Well... we’ve never had any contact with them, any skill or art on how should be with the other Supernaturals, and very old ones at that, maybe some members of the Vampire High Council or the oldest ones in the Crescent Council might, all I know is even when they were still in this world, Elves pretty much kept amongst themselves or hid themselves at Court if they ever served a noble or royal.”
 
“Ah I see”
 
“What brought this on son?”
 
“Nothing just a curious thought dad, just something I remembered Victor mention before”
 
“Well maybe he knows a bit more but I doubt it would be much more, Victor maybe old but he must have been a young vampire then when all the Elves disappeared”
 
“I think so ... he couldn’t have been a vampire for more than a few years then” I replied, remembering Victor becoming a Vampire in 1777, just 5 years before the Elves vanished.
 
Lessons were easily dealt with, dad’s become very confident that I will easily ace the matriculation test, now, it’s all about scoring high.
 
We had a quiet lunch at home, I cooked some fish and prepared some salad for dad and I.
 
Dad had a lecture at the nearby university in the afternoon, so Victor was going to accompany me to Dr. Rodriguez’.
 
Victor picked me up at home at around 1:30 and we were both off to the clinic.
 
“Woah Chris, you’re awe fully fragrant today” Victor remarked as I leaned in for a kiss as I got into t he car seat beside him. “Hmm... smells like a garden in here now” he said as he sniffed the air in the car.
 
“Hmm... really?” I asked curiously.
 
“Yes! All lavender and roses! You’re a walking perfumery” Victor replied kissing me more, he even gave my left ear a playful nibble and lick.
 
“Eww...” I said
 
“Stop it, I know you like being licked” he gave me a playful smile and wink.
 
I only could only then muster a fake look of horror on my face. Yes, he’s right, I do love his licks and nibbles, hehe.
 
We then drove off the several miles to the next town over for the session with my doctor.
 
“Has Dr. Rodriguez been helpful?” Victor asked as we drove.
 
“Yeah more than helpful, I’m glad you guys have brought me to him, he’s really able to help me cope with the pain and all these emotions”
 
“That’s good, Chris, remember, we’ll never tire of telling this to you, but we’re always here okay?” Victor said as he held my left hand with his right one.
 
“I know, and I love you all for it” I smiled back as I returned the reassuring grip he gave me.
 
We arrived at the clinic with several minutes to spare, we both were made comfortable by Timothy in the waiting area.
 
Within minutes Dr. Rodriguez called me in. As usual, he was a breath of calmness, he noted that I’m recovering well and that with a few more sessions, the inner pain and voices of pain and suffering that still sneak in every now and then should be more muted. He’s glad I haven’t had any nightmares, I don’t know what he’ll say If I tell him I’ve been having a different kind of dream for the past few months.
 
 
This has only been my third session with Dr. Rodriguez but I can really say that he’s a really good one, he’s always been able to calm me down, at several points, I feel like I’m about to break down and cry, my voice cracks every now and then, but I’m the end he’s there to listen and give me his insight.
 
The hour long session quickly ended and Victor and I were off to his place, I had another training session with Henry today. Leo will be joining us as well.
 
Victor was paired with Leo, Victor was clearly holding back and Leo was able to keep up with him for the first few minutes, being able to dodge and block the attacks coming from Victor, my boyfriend was clearly enjoying toying with Leo, I think Victor would still have won the match blindfolded.
 
I can clearly see Leo improving, his movements now more fluid and it was as if he was already moving based on instinct, he was clearly more confident of his abilities now. Leo was gaining strength and speed and he was getting better reading Victor’s moves, it’s just that the level of skill is very much evident at this point. After the 10th minute, Victor was done playing games and increased his strength and speed, and let’s just say Leo was wiped out after almost two minutes of trying to dodge the now faster attacks from Victor.
 
“Good match” Victor said, shaking Leo’s hand.
 
“Yeah. Wow, thanks man, that was good” Leo replied as he tried to catch his breath. He was basically panting by then.
 
After both have left the sparring mat, it was my turn with Henry.
 
The vampire greeted me with a mischievous smile, I had a feeling he was up to something, he clearly knew I was getting better by the day, and my recent performance showed him he shouldn’t be holding back much anymore.
 
It was as if like a blur, Henry almost disappeared in front of me. He clearly wasn’t holding back, then as if out of instinct I jumped several feet back and Henry’s punch just missed me by a few inches. The Vampire was clearly shocked that I was able to escape that one. But it was still too close for comfort to me.
 
I then composed myself, gathered my thoughts and remembered whatever I could from my previous lessons with Victor and Henry and now added what little I got from Patri and Yal.
 
I breathed in slowly and took a stance. I kicked off with my right foot and I felt it, I was way faster now, Henry’s reaction seemed to be almost in slow motion, I caught myself smiling a bit, I got this I thought, I was immediately in front of Henry, I gave him a kick and it hit him, he was pushed back by almost a feet, he staggered up and with determination, attacked me, I easily jumped back and flipped around, his kicks and punches easily missing me.
 
Henry was visibly confused as to my marked improvement, He stopped holding back and was on the offensive, I blocked all his attacks, quite easily at that point.
 
I was able to catch Henry’s wrist, and with that able to then hold him closer and pin him down and put him in a locked position. He tried to fight me off with all the tricks he knew, he was trying his best to free himself from my hold.
 
Henry was clearly surprised and despite his attempts to escape, all were futile.
 
“It’s done” Victor shouted from the side.
 
Henry sighed and stopped fighting me off.
 
He stood up and I offered my hand, I shook his hand and said “good match”
 
“Damn right... how though?” He has a confused look on his face. He was impressed by me but clearly in a state of disbelief, clearly wondering how he could be bested by a human, and by a teenager at that, hehe, if only he knew.
 
“I don’t know, hehe, I must have great teachers hehe” I gave him a pat on the back as we went our separate ways to towel off.
 
Henry clearly didn’t believe me and looking back at Victor and Leo they weren’t far behind in disbelief.
 
“Wow Chris! That was great!” Leo exclaimed.
 
“Really?” I replied with a smile.
 
“Shit yeah, wow dude”
 
Henry then interjected and looked at Victor and said “You must let him fight with Raymond, I think he’s as fast as him”
 
Victor then paused for a bit and replied “yeah, I’ll look into it, he should have some spare time”
 
“Raymond?” I asked, not knowing who this guy was.
 
“He’s a progeny of Patrick, you’ve heard of Patrick already right? My progeny, ‘vampire child’ as you call it, Officer in charge of Georgia, well, his progeny, Raymond is our Chief of Security for District 4”
 
“Oh... I see, so like your vampire grandson then? Huh?” I replied.
 
“Yeah... you can put it that way, and I’m a proud grandfather by the way, hehe” Victor smiled back at me.
 
“So what’s with Raymond?”
 
“He’s a speeder” Henry replied.
 
“A what?” Leo asked.
 
“You know some vampires have special abilities right? Like my mind reading? Well Raymond is a speeder, he’s twice as fast as the average vampire, and he’s already been a vampire for 62 years, which means he’s fast” Victor replied.
 
“Oh... I see... so you think I’m as fast as him?” I asked, I think I might have needed to hold back on this speed thing for now.
 
“Not exactly, but you’re really fast Chris, like impossibly fast, you might get faster soon, I’ve never seen something like this before and I think a session or two with Raymond will help” Victor replied.
 
“Oh... I see, I can’t wait then” I replied with a knowing smile that indeed I will be better soon, I’m looking forward to giving these guys a good show.
 
Victor then drove us to my place, Leo will be spending the night with me as there’s a warning for heavy snow tomorrow, we couldn’t risk him being alone in his place in case we all lose power in heavy snow. Record cold is expected tomorrow.
 
Victor had dinner with us and then he drove back to his place before the cold snap hit.
 
Leo slept in my bedroom floor as he always had every since we started having sleepovers. I prepared a single foam bed for him on the floor.
 
We were hanging around in my bedroom, me on my bed and Leo on his makeshift one, when Leo said “You were really great earlier Chris, you were faster than Henry! And he’s a mother fucking Vampire!, how on earth dude!?”
 
“I really don’t know Leo” I hated lying to my best friend but I had to keep my word with Patri and Yal.
 
“Goodness, is that what happens when you’re in a relationship with a vampire? Must be all your hanky panky then huh?” Leo laughed at that. “Is that what you know... what their things do to you?” His eyebrows wiggles at that.
 
“Duuuude! Goodness oh my.. stop it” I blushed. If he only knew what vampire fluids can do to you haha.
 
“Haha, just kidding, but wow man, you have to teach me a trick or two later on” Leo said.
 
“Well... as soon as I learn what this is all about then I will”
 
“Hehe, ‘Kay, alright I’m dozing off dude, goodnight Chris”
 
“Goodnight Leo”
 
No dream that night, seems like Patri and Yal will be having a day off away from me. However I do remember feeling very much relaxed and contented in my sleep that night, it seemed to me that these revelations that have occurred, is helping me recover in some sort of way, of course the therapy had been a great help, but knowing as well that I had another family out there, and the thought of knowing my mom’s life as elf, well, the thought of exploring, learning, and maybe even embracing a whole new and different side of me is making me not just excited but stronger and more confident as well, let’s just hope I’m right.
 
 
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 36
  • Love 23
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well Chris didn't throw any water balls at Henry, but he did win the match.  I do wonder what he will do in a match up with Raymond.  The storm sounds like it will be vicious.  Will there be any unexpected dangers from it?  Is it just a regular storm or something conjured with magic?  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..