Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 1,498 Words
  • 3,658 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 34. Discoveries 1

I was in a daze during my morning lessons with dad, he asked me if I was feeling sick or not up to it, I don’t know why but I lied, I told him my stomach was just a little bit off, but honestly my mind was half the time recollecting what happened in my dream, meeting King ZoHal, and Yalekin or Yal or whatever.

 
I started to feel better during lunch, Victor joined dad and I. I had a little bit more of energy and focus during lunch and by the time we finished eating I was feeling back to my old self again.
 
I spent the first few hours of the afternoon cuddling and snuggling with my boyfriend in my bedroom. We even snuck some kisses and caressing too. But ever since my ordeal, Victor and I haven’t really been more intimate, it’s still something I’m trying to move past on, I’m glad Victor is not pushing me to do anything else and I feel he’s more than happy to snuggle and kiss with me. All we needed now was each other’s love, god I can be such a romantic, who knew.
 
Victor, Leo, and Troy served as spectators in my afternoon training session with Henry. Leo was already wiped out by Victor a few minutes ago. I mean Leo tried, but fighting Henry? Well that’s a tall order.
 
Henry and I took our starting positions. I crouched a bit preparing for Henry’s initial attack. He ran towards me and lunges towards me to pin me, Henry was fast but somehow I was able to read his movements faster than usual and I was able to dodge him. He missed me by several inches but it was enough for me to reposition myself and strike Henry on his chest pushing him back several inches. It was the first time I’ve been able to take Henry on this much. I was surprising myself.
 
Henry looked at me with a slight bewildered look on his face, he clearly wasn’t expecting me to be able to pull off what I just did, and to be honest so did I.
 
Henry steeled himself and was now more determined to take me down. I knew he was only using a fraction of his strength and abilities on me and it seems he’s now turning it up a notch. Henry ran towards me and I certainly saw the difference in his movements, he almost became a blur, I was able to dodge his first strike, but he hit me with a kick on my left leg moments later, I did not see that coming, I almost fell face flat on the floor but almost out of instinct my hands reached for the floor and I started flipping and spinning out of Henry’s range.
 
Now it was my turn to attack, I ran towards Henry and I felt as if things around me started to move slower, Henry was still fast but now I could cope better with his movements. My strikes were blocked but I was also able to block most of Henry’s attacks, he tried to sneak an attack on me with his knee but I saw right through it and was able to block it.
 
I was profusely sweating now and looking at Henry, for the first time I see him actually break a sweat. He had this evil grin on his face and moments later I was lying back on the floor, he’s pinned me down.
 
“What the hell man?!” I shouted.
 
“Nice try kiddo, don’t know how you did it but you’ve forced me to use at least half my strength” Henry then helped me up. Looking at the faces of Victor, Leo, and Troy, I see astonishment.
 
“How’d you do that” Leo asked in confusion, clearly shocked of what he just saw.
 
“What?” I asked clearly not knowing what he meant.
 
“You were fast dude! Like extra fast, how?!” He had this look that were a mix of amazement and shock.
 
“What?, i do feel better but it couldn’t have been that good right?” I shrugged as I replied.
 
“Uhm, you were faster, and even stronger” Henry stated as we wiped the sweat from our faces.
 
I looked back at Victor and Troy and asked “really?” I needed to hear their opinion, Leo and Henry could most likely be just shitting on me, you know to get me to feel better and be more confident.
 
“Yes, you were amazing” Troy congratulated me. “I could have mistaken you for a vampire” he added.
 
“Haha, I doubt that”
 
“No, Chris, what you did back there, forcing Henry to use at least half his strength is no ordinary feat, he’s been a Vampire for 78 years now, forcing him to use half his strength and speed would have required substantial strength, most year old vampires couldn’t do what you just did.” Victor added.
 
“So are you saying I’m stronger than a newborn vampire” I asked, genuinely curious of what has transpired. I did feel good about the sparring session but it couldn’t have been that good.
 
“Actually, yes” Victor stated.
 
“No shit?!”
 
“Dude... what you did was fucking unbelievable... here I took a video of you both for a few seconds, here look at it” Leo offered his phone to look at the video.
 
I grabbed his phone and I played the video, it was only for 15 seconds or so but oh my god, I was indeed fast, if you told me that was me I wouldn’t have believed you but the video was very clear about it being me.
 
“Woah, shit” I muttered.
 
“What’s the meaning of this” I added.
 
“It couldn’t have just been the training, the improvement is just so sudden” Henry replied.
 
“Yeah, but this is good right? Chris is getting stronger and faster” Victor added. “Don’t worry Chris, I’ll have our seer in Richmond try to look into this, just in case there’s anything to worry about”
 
“Now you’re making me nervous”
 
“Don’t be, it’s just so sudden, but as long as you don’t feel unwell, I think there’s nothing to worry about” Victor said as he hugged me, his head nestled on the crook of my neck, he then muttered “God you’re so sexy” Victor then looked at me then Henry and added “Do you smell that Henry? Chris... he smells extra strong of Lavender and Roses today”
 
“Yeah... it’s all over the room actually” Henry agreed.
 
“Well, I can’t smell shit but I am sweaty as hell, come on, let’s take a shower” I suggested.
 
After a few more moments of settling down, we were off to the showers.
 
We had dinner at my house, dad, Leo, Victor, and I had buckets of chicken and large servings of mashed potato delivered.
 
“You should have seen him Mr. Rogers, Chris was on fire today” Leo proudly stated.
 
“Really now? Wow that’s good son” Dad looked at me with a smile, seemingly not realizing how out of the ordinary my performance earlier was.
 
“Here Mr. Williams I have short video” Leo offered. He got off his chair and went beside dad and played the video. Dad’s face showed surprise and borderline confusion as the video played. It seemed like he clearly did not expect me to ‘that’ good.
 
After the video, dad paused a bit and just muttered “I’ll be damned...shit” he then composed himself, looked at me and said “you better teach me how you did that kiddo” His warm smile telling me that he’s more amused that worried at this point.
 
Later on as we were finishing dinner dad talked to Leo. “Leo, I think you better stay the night here tomorrow and on Wednesday”
 
“Why? Is it sleep over time then?, hehe”
 
“There’s an Arctic Blast headed our way, school should be out on Wednesday and the temperature is expected to sharply drop tomorrow evening, with your parents not around, I think it’s best that you stay with us” dad explained.
 
“Oh, I didn’t even know there was an Arctic front headed, thanks Mr. R, I’d gladly spend the night with Chris” Leo said giving me a teasing wink and smile.
 
Leo and Victor left the house at almost 8:30 and dad and I were left to ourselves in the living room, we watched some tv for an hour or so until we decided it was time for bed.
 
Just before I dozed off I sent Victor my usual good night text and kissing emojis.
 
Just as I almost fell asleep, I felt my pendant start to feel warm. My body tingling all over and then I was in the tower again.
 
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 34
  • Love 18
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I just can't believe that Chris is not putting 2+2 together and getting 4...  The last few chapters have flowed really well.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I think meeting King ZoHal has brought some changes to Chris.  I can't wait to see what happens next.  What will be revealed the next time he is in the tower? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..