Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 1,815 Words
  • 2,899 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 18. Winds of Change 3

Violence
Victor told us to stay calm but his uneasy look betrayed him.
 
“What’s this all about?” Dad asked just above a whisper.
 
“We’re surrounded, 5 pair of eyes on us. 3 behind the tree line on the right, 1 further ahead on the left, and 1 most likely behind us” Victor said.
 
“Muggers?” I asked.
 
“No... vampires” Victor said.
 
“Shit...” Dad said.
 
“What’s the plan?” I asked softly.
 
“If we can hold them off for 15 minutes ... 20 minutes tops, I can have several state agents be here by then” Dad said.
 
“Okay... William, I can already read the minds of the other vampires and I’m very sure they mean us no good, send in the request for back up now” Victor said seriously.
 
Dad then pulled out his wrist watched and pressed several buttons on it. “Alright, they agents should be on their way soon” Dad said.
 
“Okay... I’ll try to handle 4, William can you handle one?, Chris, stay in between your dad and myself okay?, don’t try to fight them unnecessarily.”
 
I just nodded, knowing that I’ll be more of a liability than of any help at this point.
 
We walked slower, trying to buy ourselves more time. Then in an instant almost out of nowhere three guys looking in their early twenties leapt out of the bushes on our right, they were only several feet from where Victor was.
 
“Hmm... look at what we have here, three nice healthy men, yum, nothing but fresh blood” the tall, dark haired guy in the middle said.
 
“Sure as hell smell like a great meal” the slightly smaller black guy to left said.
 
“What are you guys talking about? Hehe, is this a joke or something?” Victor said. Acting as if he was human and unaware as well. Seems like we were fighting younger vampires for them to not know what Victor was.
 
“Let’s not waste time boys, I’m hungry” the other guy on the right said as he stretched his arms readying himself for action.
 
The three vampires leapt several feet into the air and in almost an instant were already in front of Victor. One tried to land a punch on Victor’s face while another tried to kick him on his left hip. All 2 attacks missed.
 
Another vampire leapt out of the bushes from our left and it was a slender fair skinned lady. She was a little bit faster than the other three and she went for me, but Victor instantly punched her on the stomach and she fell back several feet away. Clearly surprised of Victor’s speed.
 
“Tsk tsk tsk, seems like we have another vampire in here boys” the leader of the group said. “No matter it’s 4 against one and after we do away with you, we’ll drain your two human friends over there.” He confidently remarked.
 
Dad stood closely behind me, waiting for the fifth vampire to emerge.
 
The four vampires tried to gang up on Victor but they could barely keep up with him. Each enemy vampire receive a blow or two before they landed a punch or a kick on Victor.
 
The four vampires had crimson red eyes and were obviously out for blood. One of them was lucky and was able to land a punch on Victor’s stomach. Victor was surprised a bit and took a second to recover, he nearly wasn’t able to escape from a kick from the lady, but was able to jump out of the way just in time.
 
Then the fifth vampire emerged from behind us, she was a latin lady into her late teens with hungry eyes. She ran fast towards dad and I and dad went into fighting position.
 
Dad went for his belt and out came a small flash light looking device. He pressed on it and a bright blue light streamed from it, he directed it against the vampire running towards us and she screamed in pain as the stream of blue light hit her face, her skin burning and slowly peeling off.
 
Victor kept on fighting the other four vampires, and they all exchanged blows, Victor had the upper hand and was clearly faster and stronger than the other four. He was able to have a firm grip on the wrist of the black vampire, Victor then broke his arm, with a chopping movement. The vampire screamed in pain as the pain of a broken arm shot throughout it him. The two other vampires lunges against Victor while out of nowhere I didn’t notice that the other vampire was already in front of me, she grabbed me by the neck, I tried to fight her off but her grip on me was just too strong. She then bit into my neck and I screamed in pain as I felt her drink my blood.
 
Victor looked in horror as he saw the female vampire have her fangs in my neck. Victor shouted in a loud growl and fought of the other two vampires quickly, but their recovery time was hindering Victor from getting to me fast.
 
The female vampire on my neck retracted her fangs as she screamed in pain as dad hit her with the blue light. Her back and right shoulder was burning. Dad tried to run toward me but the other vampire he hit with light earlier has started to recover and was already standing up.
 
I covered my neck with my left hand. I tried to stem the blood flow as much as I can, my shirt and hands were bloody by this point.
 
The other vampire that dad first hit with the light started to recover and dad’s attention was focused on hitting her with light again and again to keep her at bay as she screamed in pain as her skin burnt.
 
Victor was able to break the left leg and right arm of one of the vampires fighting him and he was now fighting one on one with the other.
 
The female vampire that bit me started to recover as well, she was able to stand now but still winced in pain. She looked at me with pure bloodlust, she ran towards me, and in my weakened state I knew I was no match for her, but somehow out of nowhere, I was able to muster some strength, I was able to land a kick against her and surprisingly, I kicked her off with enough strength for her to land at least several feet away from me. The strength in that kick stunned me but I was quickly losing strength again.
 
Victor by then was quickly able to deal with the last vampire against him, he was able to break several ribs on the male vampire with several punches and it laid unconscious on the ground.
 
Victor ran up to me as dad went over to the other vampires that were whimpering in agony as dad burned their skin more to neutralized them.
 
“Chris! Chris! Stay with me!” Victor said, his eyes were filled with tears. “Oh baby... be strong, stay with me okay.” He caressed my face as he looked at my bloodied neck and shirt. I was feeling very weak and almost faint at this point, by vision blurring.
 
“Come here” Victor said as he cradled me on with my back on his chest as we sat on the ground.
Victor bit one of his fingers and I saw his blood dripping.
 
“Open your mouth baby, drink this, it will help.” He said.
 
I was beyond squeamish at this point. I opened my mouth and drank several drops of his sweet blood. After a few seconds I can already feel some energy return to me, I was still tired and aching all over but I was feeling better slowly. Victor then took my hand away from my neck and he smeared some of his blood on the holes. I felt the holes on my neck tingle a bit and they almost instantaneously healed.
 
Dad kept the 5 vampires at bay by making sure they were burnt off every now and then. Dad looked back at me with worry and his eyes were moistened but he let reassuring nod and smile escape him as he saw me slowly recovering.
The other people on the other side of the park never noticed what occurred, their own shouts and laughter covering the noise of whatever transpired here on our side of the park.
 
We then saw 3 guys in tight vests and military style outfits run towards us.
 
They spoke to dad and they looked around in disbelief that we three were able to survive an attack from 5 vampires.
 
“Officer Rogers sir, we’ll take custody of the 5 vampires, we’ll take it from here.” One of the men in vest said.
 
“Make sure to lock them up boys, they’ll pay for what they did to my son” Dad said in a very stern tone, clearly trying to hold back anger and frustration in his voice.
 
Dad then approached me and Victor as the three men secured the 5 nearly unconscious vampires.
 
“Is he gonna be okay?” Dad asked Victor with worry and tears streaming from his eyes.
 
“Yes, he will be, I gave him some of my blood to help him recover, he’ll heal up in a few hours, he just needs rest for now.” Victor replied.
 
“Son... I’m so sorry, I should have done better, I wasn’t able to watch your back” Dad said remorsefully.
 
I just smiled a bit at dad and said “Don’t worry about it pops... hehe, I just need to rest a bit now”
 
“How bout you William? Are you fine?” Victor asked dad as Victor continued to hug me from behind.
 
“Yeah, I am, a little bit winded and shocked, but more worried about our little boy over here” Dad remarked as he looked at me again.
 
“Don’t worry dad, I’ll be fine, just a little bit light headed now but I’m feeling better by the minute” I said.
 
The 5 vampires were carted off in a secured van. And Victor and dad helped get back on my feet.
 
“Victor, I’ll drive, I know you took a lot of beating as well” Dad said.
 
Victor just nodded at him and said, “I’ll feel better soon enough, I have some spare NuBlood in the car for emergencies, that should get me by until we get home.”
 
I fell asleep on the drive home. Totally exhausted by the events of the day.
 
 
 
 
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Love 16
  • Wow 10
  • Angry 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

But can Victor turn him by giving him his blood? I feel like that is what happens in some stories when a human gets bit by a vampire but they didn't get to exchange blood!

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

That fight was vicious!  Well written and exciting.  What happens to Chris is a cliffhanger.  Will he or won't he turn?  Will he change to a hybrid because he isn't a true human?  How will it change his dreams, or will they stop? So many questions.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..