Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 606 Words
  • 1,386 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 100. Chapter 100

On the eighth day, we stopped at Vukovar, where we visited an 18th-century baroque palace, and then we sailed on to Ilok, where we sampled the wine and food of Croatia’s easternmost town. I noticed that Stephen wasn’t drinking a lot of wine.

From Vukovar, we stopped at Novisad, where we toured the Petrovaradin Fortress. “Tim, look. From here, you could defend any attack from the river.”

“I wonder if this is the only fort we will see. It seems that there should be more, and it would be easy to land an army from the river.”

Our next stop was Belgrade which is the capital of Serbia. Here we saw another Fortress. “We were just talking about fortresses being built along the river, and here is another one.”

We walked around the town square, checking out the shops and the Cathedral. Stopping for a coffee, we had some of the local sweets. “We shouldn’t eat too many of these, or we won’t be able to walk.”

I bought some sweets that Stephen and I liked to take back to the boat. Back on the boat, we headed south, stopping at Novi Sad, and here we viewed the archaeological site at Lepenski Vir. From here, we sailed south to Vidin, where we saw another fortress.

 

At Pleven, they had a local man come on board and talk about the 1877 Siege of Pleven. When he finished, he took a small group of people and toured the city’s historic site. Stephen and I didn’t go.

Our next stop was at Constanta, where the attraction was the Old Town and the art nouveau casino. We left the group when we finished the tour of the Old Town.

Our next stop and our final stop was Bucharest, the capital of Rumania. Here we left the boat and checked into a hotel the boat captain had recommended. I had one more surprise for Stephen. In the morning, after breakfast, I had arranged a tour of Transylvania and especially Dracula’s Castle. We would be gone two nights before returning to Bucharest and our flight home.

 

“Tim, we must do this again.”

“What the boat tour or visiting Dracula’s Castle?”

Then with a face and accent of Dracula, “Be careful, or I’ll suck your blood dry.”

That evening he kept his promise.

 

In the morning, we packed and checked out of the hotel. We took a taxi to the airport and flew to Berlin and then home. Gramps was there to meet us. “How was the trip?”

Stephen took over, and I just listened. According to Stephen, it was fantastic, and we had to do that again. It was nice, but what was nice for Stephen wasn’t the trip as much as the attention we gave each other. I made sure we wouldn’t talk about Andrew or family. I devoted all of my attention to Stephen, and I think he did the same, focusing his attention on me.

That night, sleeping in our bed, Donnie came into my sleep. ‘Your vacation has put your life with Stephen back on track. Remember he’s the most important person in your life, don’t forget that. Andrew will carry your project, and he will be successful.’

 

I awoke in the morning feeling like I did before I began going after Bruce and getting Ann Marie the help she needed. I woke Stephen with a kiss that resulted in what we once called a quickie, but now there were no more quickies. You can’t express your unconditional love in a quickie. You must take your time and enjoy the trip.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 27
  • Love 24
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

It's awesome that they connected like they were before the Bruce debacle, but they now know that they need to delegate tasks to bring conclusion for all concerned, Donnie confirmed that they are still on the right track, now they need some kids

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment

I'm jealous... I love visiting historical sites and castles and I would definitely love to visit Dracula's castle. Might ne petrified but it would be well worth it. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

My Mom grew up in Rumania but she had to leave because of the events of WWII as did most of family.Thats why I have family in different parts of the world including as far as Australia.

Going abroad was perfect for Tim and Stephen being as far away from all that mess as possible.Donnie is making sure this marriage is staying strong

  • Like 5
Link to comment
18 hours ago, chris191070 said:

It's great to see Tim and Stephen so happy together and having an enjoyable holiday will have helped them.

It has. We all need a break sometimes to get back on track.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
18 hours ago, Christopher said:

So true, expressions of love are never quickies and often they are when time stands still.  

Yes, you are transported to a new world

  • Like 4
Link to comment
16 hours ago, mikedup said:

It's awesome that they connected like they were before the Bruce debacle, but they now know that they need to delegate tasks to bring conclusion for all concerned, Donnie confirmed that they are still on the right track, now they need some kids

Before the children, they need to clean up all of the loose ends.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
14 hours ago, Kev said:

I'm jealous... I love visiting historical sites and castles and I would definitely love to visit Dracula's castle. Might ne petrified but it would be well worth it. 

I would like to have taken this boat trip as well. I've traveled a lot, but it seems there is always something that becks and calls.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
12 hours ago, weinerdog said:

My Mom grew up in Rumania but she had to leave because of the events of WWII as did most of family.Thats why I have family in different parts of the world including as far as Australia.

Going abroad was perfect for Tim and Stephen being as far away from all that mess as possible.Donnie is making sure this marriage is staying strong

I was in Rumania once for an extended week-end. I had my oldest grandson with me, he had a great time sightseeing while I had business meetings.

I wonder what Tim and Donnie's life would have been if Donnie hadn't died..

  • Like 5
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Awww 💞 👨‍👨‍👦 Donnie has a son (and more?) planned for Timothy and Stephen.

Yes, and he wants Tim to get over all of these distractions 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
31 minutes ago, CLJobe said:

I was in Rumania once for an extended week-end. I had my oldest grandson with me, he had a great time sightseeing while I had business meetings.

I wonder what Tim and Donnie's life would have been if Donnie hadn't died..

Was there a previous story about Tim and Donnie that I missed?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..