Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,289 Words
  • 1,982 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 30. Chapter 30

During the week, Stephen worked on a computer set up for Randy. “Stephen, be sure to include flash drives and a disc reader.”

“Do you know if he is taking computer courses in school?”

“I think most schools have classes on the use of computers. He may need storage, and most libraries now have books on discs.”

“I’ll set up an offline storage unit. It will allow him to copy discs directly into the storage unit. He can access the storage unit through his computer.”

Laughing, “You need to put some whistles and flashing lights on it.”

“Maybe I will. He’d get a kick out of that.”

“I wonder if he has any friends over to the house? I know he had a girlfriend. I don’t know if she is still in the picture.”

“Why do you wonder about that?”

“If you make his system too flashy, you might have to go into business, supplying his friends with the same system.”

Friday, we drove to my home. I was a little afraid of what I would find. “I haven’t talked to Mom or Dad, so they won’t be expecting us.”

“I hope they are still there. Your sister may have caused them to leave.”

“Do you have all of Randy’s equipment?”

‘Yes, I hope he likes it.”

“You’re joking, right. You’re his hero. He hangs on every word you speak. You’ll see, when he sees his system, you won’t get rid of him.”

“Do you think your sister is still there?”

“The last time I checked, she was. Let’s make a bet. I think she will talk to you first and ignore me.”

“Does Mom know we are coming?”

“No, I didn’t mention anything about us coming down.”

“Let’s park the car and walk to the house and surprise them. Then I’ll go and get the car and drive it to the house.”

 

Walking up on the porch, we heard, “Mom, I’m not going to wait on her anymore. If she asks me to get her anything more, I will call Stephen and Tim to come and get me. It’s bad enough she has me driving her all around town and not paying for the gas. She wants me to bring her food to her room. I don’t mind sleeping in Mom’s room, but I’m not her servant.”

I whispered to Stephen, “It’s worse than I thought. Let’s walk in and see what happens.”

We quietly opened the door. Standing in the living room in front of the door, Randy sat on the floor next to his mother. Dad was reading the newspaper, and Mom looked like she had a migraine. How can one person upset a family so much?

“Randy, bring me a cup of coffee.”

I watched Randy get up. That was when he saw Stephen and me.

He rushed and grabbed Stephen, and when he saw me, he pulled us into a three-man hug. Now, Mom, Dad, and Aunt Clara saw us.

“We didn’t hear a car.”

“No, we wanted to surprise you, and it looks like all of you need some good news.”

Then we heard, “Randy, where’s my coffee?”

Now I was angry, “Get your lazy ass down here if you want coffee.”

Mom and Dad looked at me. Randy and Aunt Clara had smiles. “Randy, you don’t wait on her. She has two legs that she can use. And no more chauffeuring, she can call a taxi.”

I whispered to Stephen, “Get ready for a storm. Here she comes.”

“Oh, I might have known it was you who yelled.”

“Yes, you need to get your lazy ass out of my room and start waiting on yourself. Instead of demanding to be waited on, you should be looking for your own place. You don’t belong here. We weren’t good enough for 30 years and now since none of your friends want you, you have decided to come home. Get your luggage, and I’ll call a cab for you or start earning your keep here.”

She started to cry. “Cut out the theatrics. They don’t work here.”

“I’ll have my lawyer sue you for defamation of character.”

“You do know I am a lawyer, right.” It was apparent she didn’t know that. “Anytime you want to go to court, let me know.”

“Stephen. Let’s go. I’ll book her into a hotel and call a cab. Pack your things and be ready to leave by the time we get back.” Saying that Stephen and I left.

Walking to where we parked the car, “Tim, you aren’t going to do that, are you?”

“If she starts that bullshit in ordering everyone around, I will. She should be grateful she has a place to stay. When we get home, I will check out her husband and see if I can review his will. I’ll bet he left her nothing.”

We saw Randy running toward us before we got back to the house. Stephen stopped the car. “Randy, what’s wrong?”

“It’s Ann Marie. She is crying very hard. She told your mom she has no place to go and no money.”

“What do you want to do, Tim?”

“I don’t know, but let’s find out.” So Stephen drove to Mom and Dad’s while I tried to make heads and tails out of what Randy said. The only way she could have been left out of the will would be a pre-nuptial agreement.

Arriving home, it was a mess. Ann Marie was crying. Mom had tears in her eyes and held Ann Marie in her arms.

When Dad saw us, he came, took me by my arm, and led me outside. “Your sister has no money. She signed a pre-nuptial that she would be entitled to a lump settlement of 10,000 dollars in the case of her husband’s death. She spent most of that money parading around as a grieving widow. Everything she owns is in those suitcases she brought with her. She came home because she doesn’t have any friends or any place to go.”

“Dad, what was her major in college? Surely there must be something she can do to earn a living.”

“I think she majored in having a good time. She has a degree in Liberal Arts.”

My first thoughts were she deserved what she was going through. Her family wasn’t good enough. Now, her only refuge is that family. I looked at Dad and saw the distress in his face. Mom was holding her. I looked at Stephen, and I knew what I would do.

“Dad, does she have the pre-nuptial agreement with her?”

“I don’t know?”

“Ask her, and I’d like to see it.”

I waited on the porch. Stephen took Randy and showed him his computer. I could hear the excitement in his voice. I saw them walking back. Stephen had an arm around Randy’s shoulders.

“Tim” Randy ran to me and hugged me. “Wow, I can’t wait to get my computer set up.”

Dad came out, “She went upstairs to get her papers. She thinks she might have a copy.”

“Dad, remind her she needs to move back to Eva’s room. We have a computer set up for Randy, and he needs to have it set up in his room.”

I felt sorry for Dad. I’m making him the heavy.

While I waited for Dad, “Randy, I may need to use your computer. That’s okay right?”

“Stephen, I need to go and see Mr. Parker before we leave.”

“Can I go with you?”

“Sure, maybe when we come back, we can set up your computer.” Now he was in a dilemma. He wanted to see his computer and wanted to go with us to Parker’s farm.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 14
  • Wow 4
  • Angry 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

How clueless is she?She signed a pre-nup even if her husband's death was unexpected and he died too young she could have planned for when this happened.I'm sure you know of some similar case like this and we will find out what the loophole is my guess is it will be the legality of the prenup.If Tim does find something I hope he tells her I did this for Mom,Dad Aunt Clara and Randy NOT for you

Edited by weinerdog
  • Love 5
Link to comment

Find the loophole in the prenup, if they were married in a state that looks at all property as property in common, she may have legal grounds to challenge. Thinking of assets that were comingled after they were married or increased in value...

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

So Ann-Marie married a man 30 years older than her with money thinking that when he kicked the bucket she'd get it all. Then, perhaps not being the sharpest knife in the drawer, she signs a Pre-Nup (without a lawyer reviewing it?). 🙄

The original* saying, 'Marry in haste, Repent at leisure' comes to mind. In other words hasty decisions may come back to harm you, as the not so 'Merry Widow' has found out. 

IF she's lucky Timothy will find a loophole in the Pre-Nup big enough to push her "lazy ass" through and out the door. But don't expect a 'Thank You' Tim. 

* More current version is 'Act in haste, repent in leisure'

Edited by Anton_Cloche
  • Like 3
Link to comment

Still kick her to the curb... The old man must have known that her name was Ann Marie Moneygrabbingbitch... I reckon it will have to be one hell of a tight pre-nup to get past Tim though. Still loving my guys... Oh and Stephen build me one of those computer? I could do with a new one.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..