Jump to content
  • Join For Free and Get Notified of New Chapters!

    Are you enjoying a great story and want to get an alert or email when a new chapter is posted? Join now for free and follow your favorite stories and authors!  You can even choose to get daily or weekly digest emails instead of getting flooded with an email for each story you follow. 

     

    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 779 Words
  • 1,012 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.

Timothy - 29. Chapter 29

That evening, “Tim, I have the feeling Ann Marie isn’t a favorite in your family.”

“She’s a stranger to my family. It’s all most like two families. She is ten years older than me, and we never clicked like Eva and me. When I was eight, she went away to college, and this is the first time I have seen her. She is a stranger to Eva and me.”

“How long will she stay?”

“I don’t know, but I’ll bet she will have a come to Jesus moment soon. Dad won’t put up with her better-than-thou attitude. I’d bet the only thing George left her was the interest from one of his investment accounts. I wonder if he has children from his previous marriage.”

“If George was a shrewd investor, that could be a nice endowment.”

“I’m anxious to see how she will act at breakfast. We may have a passenger.”

“You’re kidding. From what I heard and being given the job of handling her luggage, I’m not sure I want to get to know her. Does she know we are married?”

“I don’t know if Mom or Dad said anything.”

That evening in Randy’s room, “Randy, don’t let her boss you around. Take your clues from Dad. Keep in touch and know that if you think it is too much, call us or put your mom in your car and drive up to see us. I put up with her when I lived here until she left. No one needs to do that again.”

When Randy was asleep, “Tim, what do you think she will do?”

“She will want to stay here until she has her plans all set, then she will leave, and we will probably never see her again. I know when we leave, she will want her old room back. She’ll moan and cry until Mom and Dad give in.”

“We need to keep our ears and eyes on what goes on here. If she is as bad as you say, she’ll be up to something.”

 

Morning came, and we didn’t need anyone to wake us. We had to leave early to get to work, knowing we would be late.

Breakfast was something else, Mom and Aunt Clara, I started to call Mrs. Olman Aunt Clara. Mom said since Randy has adopted Stephen and me as brothers and Mrs. Olman is too old to be a sister, I should refer to her as Aunt.

Randy came down dressed for the day, “Mom, that lady in Eva’s room asked that I bring her a cup of coffee.”

I watched Dad as his face turned red. “We are not her servants. If she wants breakfast, she will have to come downstairs and eat with us, or she will go without.”

I wanted to stay and see what would happen, but we needed to get to work. “Mom, Dad, we have to leave. I’ll call later this afternoon. Remember, if she becomes a nuisance, you have a home up north. Randy, if she starts ordering you around, let us know. We’ll be back next weekend with your computer set up.”

Driving to work, “I’m concerned with Ann Marie showing up. She will order Randy around like a servant, and Randy will feel obliged to do what she wants.”

“Tim, I don’t understand why she is so different from Eva and you?”

“She’s eight years older than Eva. When she was born, she was a daddy’s girl and doted on by my father. Eva came along eight years later. She became jealous of Eva, and she had to share Dad’s attention. Then I came along, and Dad had his son. A father and daughter become close, but a father and son develop deep bonds. She didn’t like that. If you noticed, she ignored me.”

“But she did finish College?”

“Yes, she went to a girls school, and during that time, I think, she became embarrassed about our family. When she graduated, she married, and we would get a Christmas card from her, but that stopped a few years ago.”

“She may have been embarrassed at that time, but you see who she turned to when she was in need.”

We arrived at work late. I told Stephen to tell Gramps why we were late. I had to get to the legal department. Today would be Andrew’s last day.

Sometimes you think out of sight, out of mind, but that wasn’t the case. Ann Marie was on my mind all day. When we got home, I called Mom. I wanted to know how the day went. Mom said it all when she said she hadn’t changed.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 27
  • Love 14
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

OMFG!!! Ann Marie is one of those people that thinks her farts sound like the music of a fine harp instead of the thud of a tuba they really are. "Get me a cuppa tea" MY ASS!!! I'm of the opinion I would tossa her outta on her assa! 😂

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, mikedup said:

That old saying,, "you can't change a leopards spots" seems appropriate for her I think and it will maybe awful, but she needs a karma slap to bring her back down to earth , she needs get off her backside and do everything for herself , I think that there is going to be major drama as far as she is concerned, Randy is in for a very difficult time unless he puts his foot down and tell her no do it yourself

That is Tim's biggest concern. Since Randy isn't a blood relative she will take advantage of that

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Chris L said:

OMFG!!! Ann Marie is one of those people that thinks her farts sound like the music of a fine harp instead of the thud of a tuba they really are. "Get me a cuppa tea" MY ASS!!! I'm of the opinion I would tossa her outta on her assa! 😂

You are one tough cookie.  I think their parents feel remorse and maybe a little guilty in the way she acts.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, mfa607 said:

I sense a storm is brewing. Great chapter!

There has to be a 'come to Jesus' meeting soon.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Ann Marie needs to change her attitude and fast or there will be major problems 

If she doesn't her family, at least Tim and Eva, possibly Dad, will disown her and want nothing to do with her.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, CLJobe said:

There has to be a 'come to Jesus' meeting soon.

Perhaps a welcome to Hell moment?

(did I mean Hell, Michigan? ) 🙄  :whistle:

Edited by Anton_Cloche
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Chris L said:

OMFG!!! Ann Marie is one of those people that thinks her farts sound like the music of a fine harp instead of the thud of a tuba they really are. "Get me a cuppa tea" MY ASS!!! I'm of the opinion I would tossa her outta on her assa! 😂

Not only that her s--t doesn't stink

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

If Ana Marie makes any kind of issue with Aunt Clara and Randy implying her need should come before theirs I would say OUT!!! DO NOT PASS GO DO NOT COLLECT $200.00 JUST GO AND HAVE A NICE LIFE.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I think there is a major earthquake in the  near future!  Do they name earthquakes by chance?   If not, they can start with earthquake "Ann Marie"!  I think that would be a nice fit for her, since I am almost positive she will shake some things up before long.  Tim and Stephen may even feel the quaking at their home. 

If I was her dad,  I would sit her down on a  straight backed wooden chair and begin to educate her about what a family is.  She may have a physical problem that everyone has not gotten aware of yet.  If her nose is so far up in the air, it would be difficult for her to bring her nose down to the real world and act like civil.  The only stink she smells is herself.    If she did not want to become a part of the family and act civil.  "then there is the door and don't let it hit you in your ass on the way out, as I do not want to clean that either".

Let here go and irritate someone else.  Or become a member of the family and live with it.

It is going to be interesting reading in the next couple of chapters.  I always enjoy watching thunderstorms when we have them.  This storm that Tim, Stephen, Randy and mom and dad is going to be a  grand master.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Chuck the bitch to the curb and leave her there!!! Got no time for people like that at all.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
18 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Perhaps a welcome to Hell moment?

(did I mean Hell, Michigan? ) 🙄  :whistle:

Yes, and it is coming with a broom to sweep clean.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
15 hours ago, weinerdog said:

If Ana Marie makes any kind of issue with Aunt Clara and Randy implying her need should come before theirs I would say OUT!!! DO NOT PASS GO DO NOT COLLECT $200.00 JUST GO AND HAVE A NICE LIFE.

You and Tim see alike

  • Like 2
Link to comment
7 hours ago, bottomguy said:

I think there is a major earthquake in the  near future!  Do they name earthquakes by chance?   If not, they can start with earthquake "Ann Marie"!  I think that would be a nice fit for her, since I am almost positive she will shake some things up before long.  Tim and Stephen may even feel the quaking at their home. 

If I was her dad,  I would sit her down on a  straight backed wooden chair and begin to educate her about what a family is.  She may have a physical problem that everyone has not gotten aware of yet.  If her nose is so far up in the air, it would be difficult for her to bring her nose down to the real world and act like civil.  The only stink she smells is herself.    If she did not want to become a part of the family and act civil.  "then there is the door and don't let it hit you in your ass on the way out, as I do not want to clean that either".

Let here go and irritate someone else.  Or become a member of the family and live with it.

It is going to be interesting reading in the next couple of chapters.  I always enjoy watching thunderstorms when we have them.  This storm that Tim, Stephen, Randy and mom and dad is going to be a  grand master.

Tim doesn't give her an inch.  Sometimes we make our bed when we are in charge never thinking there may be a time when we need to make our own bed when we are no longer in charge. Life's lessons are hard.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Kev said:

Chuck the bitch to the curb and leave her there!!! Got no time for people like that at all.

You are one tough guy. 😀

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    You probably have a crazy and hectic schedule and find it hard to keep up with everything going on.  We get it, because we feel it too.  Signing up here is a great way to keep in touch and find something relaxing to read when you get a few moments to spare.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..