Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,038 Words
  • 1,710 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 53. Chapter 53

Our life became a routine, except for Friday’s when we visited the hospital and talked to Ann Marie’s doctor.

 

School had started, and Randy was busy with school, farming, and talking to Stephen. I was happy that Randy had bonded with Stephen. I knew he would make a good father to our son, and he also would have made a great teacher, as long as it involved computers. I still believed we would have a son. If Donnie said it, I believed it.

Fridays, we met Ann Marie’s doctor for the latest update. According to her doctor, she is coming along well. He thought we should meet with her in a couple of months. He mentioned our family to her, and she was agitated when he mentioned my name. He said she would come around, and she just needed time.

Stephen decided he would tackle the basement. He would tell me what he wanted to do, and I always agreed. I knew it would be a professional job. Next to me, Stephen loved his computer, and he was constantly adding to it or adding bells and whistles on my units. I think every time Randy visits, he leaves with some gadget.

 

Randy drove Dad up for a visit, and Aunt Clara went and stayed with Mom while Dad visited with us. Late one night, sitting around the kitchen table, just Dad and I. Randy and Stephen were playing on the computer, and that is what I called what they did.

“Dad, how is Mom?

“She is better, but the doctor said she still has a way to go. Tim, do you know what started all this?”

“Yes, Dad, I have an idea. It started when Ann Marie was a senior in high school. Do you remember Ann Marie when she went to high school and how she dressed?”

“No. I always left for work before she left and home after she returned. Why that question?”

For the next hour, I told Dad what we found at the library and my thoughts on Mom’s role. I told Dad what Ann Marie's doctor told me.

“Can I see her?”

“I’ll ask her doctor. If he agrees, I’ll let you know.”

I felt sorry for Dad. I know he feels terrible for not knowing, although I’m not sure what he could have done.

 

That evening, lying in bed next to Stephen, “I told Dad about what we found in the newspaper. He feels bad, and I think he will have a discussion with Mom when he gets home. I told him I would talk to the doctor for him, and he wants to see Ann Marie.”

“Is that a good idea?”

“I don’t know. It’ll depend on what the doctor thinks.”

 

With Ann Marie under the doctor’s care at the university hospital, we had time to enjoy our home and each other. Dinner at Stephen’s home on Sundays, working on the basement, and checking on Ann Marie on Fridays. This routine erupted when we had visitors from the South. Randy made frequent visits, Dad came up every other week, hoping to see Ann Marie. Mom hasn’t been up for quite some time. John and Eva visited on occasion. The last time we saw them, Eva told us she was pregnant. It would be a Spring baby.

 

“Tim, what do you think?”

“It’s great, babe.” Stephen had created a special room for the computer and peripheral equipment. In front of the computer room, were two offices. He put an opening in the wall separating the offices. He said he wanted to keep an eye on me.

“Now, we need to turn that small room into a bedroom.”

“Should we call it Randy’s room?”

I laughed, “if you don’t, he will. Watch when he visits. Those will be the first words out of his mouth. And don’t be surprised if he wants a computer set up for his use.”

“When we have a child, do you think he will be like you or me?”

“I would like for him to be like you.”

Laughing, “I thought I would like him to be like you.”

“Okay, we’ll adopt two, one for you and one for me. How’s that?”

Looking into his eyes, I wouldn’t mind if they both took after him.

 

Speaking to Ann Marie’s doctor, he told me that she is making exceptional progress now they have broken through her wall concerning her rape. I called Dad and told him he could see Ann Marie the following Friday. He wanted to know if he could bring Mom, and I told him I only cleared him to see Ann Marie. He could bring Mom, but she wouldn’t be able to see her. I was concerned about her meeting Ann Marie.

“Dad, let’s see how your meeting goes before we think about Mom seeing her. I’ll discuss that with the doctor tomorrow at our meeting, and we can talk about it when you are here.”

 

Friday, at our meeting with Ann Marie’s doctor, I mentioned Mom wanted to visit. “Let’s see how the meeting goes with your dad. If that goes well, I’ll think about your mother. I wouldn’t want her to start mothering her and saying things like it wasn’t your fault. That kind of sentiment may push Ann Marie back into closing up and reversing everything we have gained.”

I thought that made sense. Introducing the family to her one at a time will permit her to adjust. I didn’t want her to feel ashamed or go into a relapse. She was making good progress, according to her doctor.

 

Dad arrived and went with us to see Ann Marie. Arriving at the hospital, I introduced Dad to Ann Marie’s doctor. Dad left with the doctor, Stephen and I waited in the doctor’s office.

About 45 minutes later, Dad and the doctor returned to the office. Dad had tears in his eyes. I looked at the doctor, he smiled. “Dad, you okay?”

“Yes, son, I’m okay.”

I didn’t push Dad. He’ll tell me what happened when he is ready. I’ll call the doctor on Monday and get a report on the meeting.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 34
  • Love 20
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

5 hours ago, bottomguy said:

I am thinking the meeting Tim's dad had with Ann Marie and the doctor was an eye opener for dad.  He might have just discovered what all those years of AM  and being so distant with the family were all about.  It very well could have been when Tim and Stephen were getting bullied in school and those same bully's are responsible for Ann Marie's assault. 

I can only hope AM will be able to progress back into the family and Tim's mom will also be able to heal as well.

Stephen and Tim seem to be moving straight towards having children soon.  I am wondering who and where this will involve?

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

While it is totally on the Mom for not telling Dad about AM rape he still was unaware of AM behavior and how she dressed he probably was also unaware of the bullying Tim and Donnie received  he might chide himself for being too busy with work to know what was going on

Edited by weinerdog
  • Like 5
Link to comment

Totally loving these boys... Randy's room sounds good, I reckon he'll end up living with them once school is out and he is working with Stephen. Still worried about mom, but now concerned about the cliff-hanger that you left with us. How did dad get on with his visit with AM?? Totally loving this story.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
15 hours ago, weinerdog said:

While it is totally on the Mom for not telling Dad about AM rape he still was unaware of AM behavior and how she dressed he probably was also unaware of the bullying Tim and Donnie received  he might chide himself for being too busy with work to know what was going on

Usually Dads are the last to know. In my home, growing up, my mom brought my dad up today after we children went to bed.. As I got older, I would hear their discussions 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Kev said:

Totally loving these boys... Randy's room sounds good, I reckon he'll end up living with them once school is out and he is working with Stephen. Still worried about mom, but now concerned about the cliff-hanger that you left with us. How did dad get on with his visit with AM?? Totally loving this story.

I like cliff hangers. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 12/17/2021 at 4:57 AM, drsawzall said:

Let's get the names of the boys who raped Ann Marie and press charges...both criminal; and civil!!

That's not likely to happen. Any trial would include Anne Marie testifying -- and being subjected to the defense attorney's attacks on her character, dress, accusations of lying and being the sexual aggressor (implications of having been a slut), how come she waited 15+ years, etc. With the lack of physical proof, it would be Anne Marie's word against those of the three boys-now-men, who possibly are now powerful or well-respected and with their own families. It would reliving the nightmare of the rape for Ann Marie and might send her back into psychosis.

  • Like 2
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..