Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 628 Words
  • 1,699 Views
  • 19 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 61. Chapter 61

Arriving home, we relaxed and resumed our usual activities, including our showers and having nude breakfasts. I missed my special morning seat that always ended in bed.

Friday, I called Ann Marie’s doctor to find out how she was doing.

“Tim, I think it’s about time for you to meet with Ann Marie.”

“Are you sure? I wouldn’t want her to have a relapse.”

“Yes, I think it’s about time your family starts healing. Your mom and dad have been seeing and talking to her for several weeks now, and she looks forward to their visit. You and your sister are the last two.”

“But what if she reacts to me differently? I am the cause of her tantrum that led to her being hospitalized. Don’t you think that’ll have an adverse effect on her meeting me?”

“No, we have discussed that, and I believe she needs to see you complete her healing. I’d like for you to meet her on Monday when your parents are here.”

That evening before Mom and Dad usually arrived, I told Stephen what Ann Marie’s doctor said.

“I take it you are concerned you will have a negative impact on Ann Marie. But Tim, sooner or later, you will have to face her. It would be better to do that when she is under her doctor’s care. Why don’t you go with your mom and dad? Think about it and how you would approach her. It may be very important for her as well as for you.”

That evening when I told Mom and Dad that I was going with them to see Ann Marie, Mom was concerned if the time was right, and dad said it was about time.

Monday morning, I told Dad I’d drive so I go to work after the meeting and he could drive on home. He said no, I should go with them and we can discuss the meeting as a family. He would drop me off at work.

After breakfast, Stephen and I went to get dressed for work. When Mom and Dad are with us, we wear robes to breakfast. Mom had breakfast ready early, and Dad had to have a freshly cooked breakfast before leaving for work, so she said. Habits are hard to change.

Kissing Stephen good by, I rode to the hospital with Mom and Dad. When we arrived, we met Ann Marie’s doctor. I waited until he spoke to Mom and Dad. They left to see Ann Marie, but I wanted to talk with the doctor.

Walking to his office, “I’m not sure this Is a good idea, at least not now. I have never been close to her, and she seemed to hate all boys because of what happened. When she came home after her husband’s death, she would have nothing to do with me. Then when she found out that I controlled her finances, that was the ultimate for her. She was so angry they had to call an ambulance and take her to our local hospital. If she remembers any of that, I’m afraid she’ll have a relapse.”

“We have discussed that doing our sessions. I’m not sure how she will react, but sooner or later, you will need to face her. It would be better here where I can help her rather than outside the hospital.”

“Alright. Will you be there?”

“No, but I’ll be monitoring the room.”

We walked to the room where Ann Marie met with Mom and Dad. Looking through the one-way mirror, I could see Mom sitting next to Ann Marie; she was showing her pictures of Eva Marie. Ann Marie was smiling as she looked at the photos.

“She seems to be enjoying the visit.”

“Yes, let’s go in.”

For those that observe Christmas, Merry Christmas and for those who observe the day, Happy Holidays
Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 36
  • Love 13
  • Fingers Crossed 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

2 hours ago, chris191070 said:

A cliffhanger chapter, we're all waiting with anticipation to see how Tim's visit with Ann Marie goes.

Merry Christmas to all readers of this story and a Merry Christmas to @CLJobe.

Thanks Chris. may you and yours have a blessed Christmas

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Tim is very anxious for something that has to happen eventually.   Better while under care than later.

Merry Christmas 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
19 hours ago, mikedup said:

Great chapter, a cliffhanger to end the season with, it is almost like Hitchcock thriller as he was about to open the door ........

Yes to all who celebrated Christmas , merry Christmas may you and yours have a joyous time and peace and love to all.

I liked watching Hitchcock, maybe subconsciously I picked up a few hints

  • Like 4
Link to comment
16 hours ago, dutch woman said:

Happy Holidays everyone

 

thanks, I hope you have had a joyous holiday

  • Like 4
Link to comment
14 hours ago, Kev said:

Nice chapter for what has been a lovely day... As you Americans say, "Happy Holidays." Back in work tomorrow, so not much of a break, but it has been a good day.🥰

Isn't it box day?

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Philippe said:

Like fireworks zooming and screaming to their apex…now wait for it…wait…wait…

I am chuckling at your comment. A very smart man told me to keep them coming, make sure you leave something unfinished.. I believe it works. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
12 hours ago, VBlew said:

Tim is very anxious for something that has to happen eventually.   Better while under care than later.

Merry Christmas 

Soon Ann Marie must recognize that she has brought it on herself, she cannot manage money. And can't continue to burden her parents.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Christopher said:

The best Christmas present ever - bringing family's back together. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! 🎄

Thank you. I hope you had a great holiday

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 12/26/2021 at 2:26 PM, CLJobe said:

Isn't it box day?

 

Boxing day... not sure if it's called something else in the US

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..