Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 739 Words
  • 1,847 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 56. Chapter 56

When the printer started to print, we were on our second cup of coffee, sitting on the sofa bed in the basement. I moved from lap to sofa cushion when Stephen went to remove the paper from the printer.

Resuming our seats, we read the printouts. “It seems that Bruce was quite popular. Basketball, class president two years in a row.”

“Does it say anything about his friends?”

“No, but we can search for basketball games from that period. I’m sure there would be something in the sports section of the local newspaper.”

“Stephen, I don’t want to go back home and search through those library records again.”

“We don’t have to go back. Remember we got library cards when we were there? Now we can access their files remotely.”

I left it to Stephen since this was up his alley.

Sitting there watching Stephen do his magic, I wondered if it wouldn’t be best for Mom to see a doctor at the university hospital where Ann Marie is being treated. I’ll call Ann Marie’s doctor and discuss this with him the first chance I have.

“What are you thinking about?”

Looking up, “Have you finished already?”

“No, the computer will search the papers. I gave it instructions to check all local newspapers for Ann Marie’s senior year. It will print out any news concerning sports and anything with Bruce Stevens’s name. That will take a while, and I need to upgrade our printer.”

“I was thinking of having Mom treated at the university hospital.”

“That might not be a bad idea, and they will be more effective since they know about Ann Marie. Your mom wouldn’t feel that she has to hide anything since I’m sure she knows Ann Marie has told them everything.”

“I’ll call the doctor tomorrow.”

 

In the morning, Stephen checked his computer’s printer, and there were several printed sheets. A few fell on the floor. “Do you want to look through these now or after work?”

“Let’s do it after work. I’ll call Ann Marie’s doctor this morning and see what he thinks about Mom being treated at the hospital. There’s probably nothing we can do about it now; it’s been 20 years.”

“Maybe legally, but she at least deserves an apology.”

“I’ll mention that to the doctor.”

 

That evening at home, we were changing out of our work clothes. “You seem happy tonight, and what happened that has put you in such a great mood.”

“You always put me in a great mood.” I got a swat on my ass for that. “Now you have to kiss it.”

“I’ll no more than kiss it.” And he did.

After playing around, I told him what the doctor said about Mom. “He thought it was a great idea and would have mentioned it earlier but felt it was unprofessional since Mom was seeing a doctor. I told him what we found out about the doctor she saw, and now he wants to meet with us, and I have agreed to a meeting right after work tomorrow.”

 

That night lying in bed, “Tim, what is bothering you?”

“I, we have been spending so much time on my family problems. I never expected this. It’s unfair. You and I should be talking about our future; instead, we are talking about my family’s future. I’m afraid of losing you with all of these family issues of mine.”

“I took an oath for better or worse, and I believe in that oath, or I wouldn’t have married you. We can’t predict our future, no one can. I like to think our love is stronger than anything people throw at us. I’m here for you. Lean on me, cry on my shoulder. That is what love is all about. This will pass, and then we can enjoy our family, you and me, and a few little ones.”

“Just a few?”

“Well, at least two, one for you and one for me.”

 

I was in a deep sleep when Donnie came to me. “Don’t worry, Tim. Everything will work out just fine. Your love is strong, and it will weather any storm. That sunny day is just around the corner. Have faith.”

That morning the sun was bright, and sitting on his lap made me feel everything would be okay. Looking into Stephen’s eyes, I gave him a kiss that anchored me on a smooth cushion.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 27
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

10 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Stephen and Tim are navigating many issues at the moment. But if they get through these problems, they have a bright future ahead.

No road is smooth and straight for very long, the trick is to navigate around the holes and to do that it takes two.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Christopher said:

If that's not a love story I don't know what is! True love, and really meaning it, is a rarity. Timothy and Stephen are very lucky to have found each other. ❤️

Yes and I wish every one has a partner ass wise as Stephen

  • Like 5
Link to comment
10 hours ago, mikedup said:

Great chapter, I also think that mom being in the same hospital is a good thing , I think more will come out with someone not involved with the rape of AM

Mom will come to understand only if she honestly tries.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
7 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Now that they have a possible name associated with AM rape  is it in the Doctor's purview to ask AM to confirm the name?I don't know how that works out legally or otherwise. As soon as Tim informed the Doctor of the name the Doctor wanted to have a meeting with them makes me wonder if Bruce Stevens has been accused of other things 

I don't know if you remember your high school days but there always seemed. to be a clique that could, on the surface,. get away with anything. They had their fans, the teachers seemed to look the otherway and there were admirers and those that wished they had whatever those boys had.. That describe the boys who assaulted AM

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Great chapter showing how strong their relationship is. And they’re having good open communication about their feelings.  Very healthy for a good relationship.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Great... love it, Tim is so lucky to have Stephen (If only to have that printer, printing g all the phone calls:2thumbs: I want one.)

I like that mum may be moving moving to the same doctor, I just do not trust the guy that was at school with AM.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
7 hours ago, VBlew said:

Great chapter showing how strong their relationship is. And they’re having good open communication about their feelings.  Very healthy for a good relationship.

I believe it is essential in any relationship if it is to last. Tim and Stephen have set a good example of a strong, lasting relationship

  • Like 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Kev said:

Great... love it, Tim is so lucky to have Stephen (If only to have that printer, printing g all the phone calls:2thumbs: I want one.)

I like that mum may be moving moving to the same doctor, I just do not trust the guy that was at school with AM.

Maybe one of my readers is a inventor and can develop such a system. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..