Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 914 Words
  • 1,491 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 99. Chapter 99

The rest of the week, I claimed as our time. We were walking to work, holding hands, having lunch together, and walking home, holding hands.

Morning runs, breakfasts with me in my favorite seat, showers with a little extra attention. All seemed to put me back on course. Stephen was the most important person in my life, and I made a pact that nothing would come between us. I won’t let my lawsuit occupy my time to the exclusion of my attention to Stephen.

Friday, Andrew met us at work and walked home with us. Stephen took him to the basement to let him review the information we had from Stephen’s searches. I prepared dinner, and I cheated a little. We had bought roasted chicken which I reheated in the oven. The trick was to baste the chicken while it heated, which kept the meat moist. Stephen’s mom taught me that.

By the end of the evening, Andrew was ready to go. We agreed that any information he needed, we would get for him. Most of that would be the searches Stephen did.

Now I could focus on our vacation. I looked at the brochures the travel agency sent over to my office, and I chosed a boat tour starting in Vienna and ending in Bucharest. We would fly to Vienna, where we would embark on our ship and enjoy a few days of sightseeing and relaxing. The company that operated this river cruise had an outline of activity that we could enjoy when they docked along the river. I called the travel agency and booked the cruise. Now I needed to go and tell Gramps.

Gramps was all for it, but there was a condition. We could go on this cruise, but he wanted to go along the next one we took. I agreed, and we decided I wouldn’t tell Stephen about our agreement.

I didn’t tell Stephen until two days before we were to leave. He was surprised and was concerned about the legal case that Andrew was handling. “Stephen, Andrew is a competent lawyer, and he has all of the information he needs to file the class action suit. We’ll be back before anything happens that would require us to be here.” That seemed to satisfy him, he relaxed, and I got some special attention.

Gramps drove us to the airport, we took a hopper to an international airport, then flew overnight to Vienna. We made one stop in Denmark, and we didn’t leave the plane. The stopover was for only 2 hours before we flew on to Vienna. The smile on Stephen’s face was worth the cost of this vacation.

We spent two days in Vienna. Stephen was taking pictures, and I was posing. I told him I wouldn’t pose in the nude, and he said he didn’t need nude photos of me. He had the real thing. Leaving Vienna, we would follow the Danube river until we reached Bucharest. From Bucharest, we will fly home.

These seventeen days will allow us to relax, and more importantly, we will have no distractions and can concentrate on just ourselves. There were other people on this riverboat, but I didn’t see them, the only one I saw was Stephen. He had my total attention and devotion, and I felt I needed to do that as payment for not putting him first when I was involved with bringing justice to Bruce for Ann Marie and Tom. Donnie said I had a treasure, and I believed him.

Our first stop was at Bratislava, which is the capital of Slovakia. Here we had the chance to view the Hapsburg castles. “Tim, think about heating this castle.”

“I guess that is why they had that huge fireplace in the main room. It’s no wonder why they built this castle close to the woods. They would need a forest to provide logs for these fireplaces.”

We only had one day in Bratislava before sailing to our next stop, Budapest, the capital of Hungary. We would spend two days here. The captain recommended we view the castles in this city. Stephen and I agreed that seeing one castle was enough. We spent the rest of the time walking through the city. We came to a park that had benches along the river. We sat there and watched the river flow by. We enjoyed the peace and quiet. I looked at Stephen, “After all of the hustle and bustle I put you through, it’s nice to sit here and watch the river. It’s peaceful and quiet.”

We had dinner at a small cafe in the main square. Walking back to the boat, I held Stephen’s hand. I didn’t care who saw us or what anyone thought. Stephen liked holding hands, so that was all I cared about.

On our last day in Budapest, we stayed on the boat. We watched the river and the few boats that passed us while sitting on the deck. Some waved, and some blew their horn. “I could sit here all day. The movement of the river is hypnotic.”

The next day we were on the river heading south. Our destination was Budapest. Sitting on the deck, we enjoyed the quiet. At dinner that evening, they served some of the local wines. “Go easy on the wine, or you will sleep all night.” He looked at me, and then the light came on. He opted for water from that point on.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 25
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So glad they had that vacation.One thing you mentioned surprised me is that they stayed on the plane during the stop over in Denmark on every one of the flights  I took we always had to go to another plane on a stop over.

When Tim mentioned holding Stephen hand in public while in Hungary you can do that in most of Europe unlike the U.S.But I heard it said don't do that in a Muslim country.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Cal; sounds like a lovely trip was had by all. Timothy and Stephen deserved this respite. Does Tim pursue suit against school board? A local judge might throw it out since no direct cross-examination possible. We shall see. (Anything else in the 'pipeline' you've completed but not published? Inquiring minds want to know. Where have I heard that?)

 😀  Tony B

  • Like 4
Link to comment

A really great and needed break from the hectic life , I agree delegate tasks to others and have a bit more peace , I think it is similar to saying it is better being the conductor of an orchestra than actually being the orchestra, I wonder what drama will meet them when they get back home

  • Like 5
Link to comment

"I choose you. Out of billions of people, We got it down to two, I choose you" Looks like Timothy has finally realized who's most important to him. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment

That tour sounds wonderful!  I think I even know the company and route they took, as it’s one we were looking at!  Now it really makes me want to go (but not until things settle down in that part of the world!)!

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
20 hours ago, weinerdog said:

So glad they had that vacation.One thing you mentioned surprised me is that they stayed on the plane during the stop over in Denmark on every one of the flights  I took we always had to go to another plane on a stop over.

When Tim mentioned holding Stephen hand in public while in Hungary you can do that in most of Europe unlike the U.S.But I heard it said don't do that in a Muslim country.

I have flown where I stayed on the plane although on occasion I have left the plane but stayed in the airport before reboarding for the rest of the flight . You are correct about the Muslim countries.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
19 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Cal; sounds like a lovely trip was had by all. Timothy and Stephen deserved this respite. Does Tim pursue suit against school board? A local judge might throw it out since no direct cross-examination possible. We shall see. (Anything else in the 'pipeline' you've completed but not published? Inquiring minds want to know. Where have I heard that?)

 😀  Tony B

1. Tim has Andrew picking up the ball. I'm not sure what will happen but Tim wants justice for thee people Bruce hurt. We will see what happens.

2. Yes I am working on another story. I think I always have a story roughly sketched out.

19 hours ago, mikedup said:

A really great and needed break from the hectic life , I agree delegate tasks to others and have a bit more peace , I think it is similar to saying it is better being the conductor of an orchestra than actually being the orchestra, I wonder what drama will meet them when they get back home

I expect Tim will have a fresh approach toward Stephen. I think Donnie scared him.

  • Like 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
19 hours ago, Philippe said:

Traditionally in Western Europe, young kids, boys or girls of any mix can all hold hands as it’s expected in friendships; this also extends to adults but more so for young singles in friendships. So when it comes to young love, Western European countries also have a more open acceptance of public displays of affection, more provocative billboards and wider acceptance of off color joking within TV/Radio; it’s all more jovial with less sensitivity from all parties.

But with the growing worldwide social tensions, advocacy groups of all types, and with increasing immigration/migration of muslins and the growing muslin populations in the western countries is bringing more prejudice in public areas within those higher muslim density areas.

Being smart in any country and knowing the areas to avoid unwanted attention is still very important.

Your comment about being smart when visiting any country is good advice. I found Western Europeans more open than expected coming from the US. But always take the side of caution. Time are changing 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
19 hours ago, Kev said:

Love this chapter... normality, though in actuality it is far from normal for the common man. Tim and Stephen need this time together to regain their equilibrium after all of the time they have dedicated to AM.

Tell Randy I can organize the  shipping of the bushel now that BoJo has lifted all of the restrictions.

I believe in any relationship it's necessary to step back, review where you have been and where you are. From this analysis you will be able to make corrections. Tim at the urgency of Donnie did that, ergo the boat trip.

Randy said as soon as the corn is ripe, you'll get your basket. He wants to know if you want him to deliver it.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
16 hours ago, Christopher said:

"I choose you. Out of billions of people, We got it down to two, I choose you" Looks like Timothy has finally realized who's most important to him. 

 

He has thanks to Donnie.. When our mind is on something else to the degree that Tim was focused on Bruce, we tend to lose critical focus. Donnie cares a lot for Tim, 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Clancy59 said:

That tour sounds wonderful!  I think I even know the company and route they took, as it’s one we were looking at!  Now it really makes me want to go (but not until things settle down in that part of the world!)!

I have taken several ocean cruises, l but I never took one of these Viking cruises. I would have enjoyed it I'm sure. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, CLJobe said:

Randy said as soon as the corn is ripe, you'll get your basket. He wants to know if you want him to deliver it.

🤔Nope... We need a holiday, so we'll come over when he says it's ready😁

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..