Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 741 Words
  • 2,212 Views
  • 23 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 31. Chapter 31

Arriving home, I made an invoice and emailed it to Randy.

I was finished with Ann Marie. I did more than I should have, except I did not want to saddle Mom and Dad with her. If I know her, she will find out the pre-nuptial is illegal, and she will go after her money. That will be the last we see of her or hear from her.

“Tim, do you know how much money she will inherit?”

“No, and to be honest, I don’t care.”

“Do you think she will pay your invoice?”

“No, and to tell the truth, I don’t want her money. But if she becomes a problem for Mom and Dad, I’ll go after her for everything she owns.”

I knew my position concerning my sister may have sounded cruel. But she has treated our family as if we had the plague. I could only think of one reason for her to feel that way. She thought she was better than us, and if her friends knew us, they would think less of her. This way, she could pretend her parents are anything she would want them to be. I’ll bet she told a real beauty of a story about her parents.

“I always found it interesting. When there is no one else, there are always your parents.”

“I never understood why she was ashamed of us. Sure, we weren’t millionaires, but we had a nice house, Dad provided well for us. When my grandfather was alive, he set up education accounts for us.”

“Randy was excited about his computer.”

I knew Stephen wanted to change the subject, and I was all for that. A shower shut me up.

I was glad to be home. Our lives returned to normal, as normal as one’s life could be. Randy discovered that he could send messages to us that would be printed automatically on our printer. It wasn’t unusual for us to arrive home, and there would be a message in our printer tray from Randy.

Gramps hadn’t forgotten the one case he lost, so I now had the assignment to review the case and present my thoughts concerning how I would have handled the case. Stephen told me not to be surprised if Gramps doesn’t want to reopen the case.

Gramps had another job for Stephen as well. He now had to automate the accounting department. “Stephen, you do know you are in a training program.”

“Training for what?”

“Training to take over for Gramps. Who else would inherit the company? You are his grandson, and Dad doesn’t have the knowledge or background to run the business. It will be you, and surely you know that?”

“Well, I thought maybe someday, but Gramps isn’t ready to retire.”

“And you aren’t ready to step in his shoes either. But you will be, that is why you are working automating the accounting department. Next will be purchasing, invoicing, production scheduling. In the next five years, you’ll have experience in every department.”

“What about you?”

“I’ll run Legal for you and support you any way I can.”

“Does that include back rubs, holding my hand, and showers?”

I kissed him, “Yes, and we can start now with a shower.”

 

Over breakfast the following day, “Tim, I have been thinking. If I had a sister that lied as much as your sister does, I think I would make sure she learned a lesson. A loving family is something to be proud of, and if your friends don’t appreciate that, you need new friends. She lied to your parents and took advantage of them.”

“I wonder what she will do once she finds out the pre-opt is not valid. My guess is we won’t see her until she needs money or a place to live.”

“Has she paid your invoice?”

“Not yet. I’ll wait and send her another with a fee for not paying the first invoice. I’ll continue doing that until the invoice is significantly high enough to take her to court. Then we will find out everything there is about her financial position.”

“The publicity of a trial for unpaid invoices will cause a problem for her. Her friends may decide not to be friends.”

 

Breakfast over, we walked to work. A kiss and I headed to the Legal department. I’ll check with the lawyer who wrote the prenup at lunchtime to see if she contacted them.

Any bets on her paying the invoice
Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Love 14
  • Wow 1
  • Fingers Crossed 2
  • Sad 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

It appears Tim is going to make sure big sister(Ann Marie) is dealt with a little differently than she is used to .  She is going to find out that her little brother has grown up and is now an attorney.  Tim is also giving Stephen hints about what Gramps is doing as far as having him doing computer work in different departments of the company.  I agree with Tim's thinking that Gramps is making Stephen work his way into the company and earning the respect of the employees as well.  I do wonder what thoughts he has for teaching Ann Marie a lesson?  This is going to be interesting as well. 

It seems that in every family there is someone, somewhere who needs to show how intellegent they are compared to the rest of the family.  Amazing how this seems to never work either.    Speaking  course from observations of other families...

Let us discover what lies ahead with the Parker farm purchase and who will be operating that.  Could it be Randy,  or is there a possibility that Ann Marie may come into play in this regard?  Interesting chapters ahead me thinks. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Tim will have to tale his sister to court, and I think Ann Marie should have a lecture or two from Steven's grandfather!!!

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Interesting chapter, I seriously doubt that she will pay the invoice, but I think she will be camping out at the lawyer to get the money she thinks is due to her, as long as she gets the hell out the parents house

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

 @bottomguy has an interesting though about Ann Marie coming into play at the farm like maybe Ann Marie working there to pay off the invoice? I could just see her milking a goat.

@drsawzall thought about getting a lecture from Stephen Grandfather I was thinking maybe Stephen Mom might be better to talk to her she could say I acted like you until I realized I could lose my family

Happy Thanks giving to the readers and The Author

Edited by weinerdog
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Previous comments about Ann-Marie contacting the lawyer who wrote the Pre-Nup are missing two points.

First the lawyer who wrote the Pre-Nup (and probably his Will) was under contract to the late husband, NOT her and is legally bound by that irregardless of his death. Previous children of his (blood relatives) could sue the lawyer for breach of contract etc). 

Second, her "lazy ass" may preclude her actually doing anything that resembles work.

To those of you celebrating U.S. Thanksgiving today (Nov. 25th), Happy 🦃 Day. Enjoy 🍗 🍖 🥧 🫓

 

  • Love 5
Link to comment

Interesting family, what a bitch the sister is. Should have told her to go rot in hell.

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Go Tim, go Tim!!! We all know the botch won't pay. Loving the guys as usual...

From us Brits in the UK, 'Happy Thanksgiving guys!!' but did you really have to give us Black Friday though??? Got a 50% off everything sale tomorrow... Arghhhhhhh!

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
On 11/25/2021 at 6:13 AM, Chris L said:

Wow, Timothy's not messing around and rightfully so. Some family members one can be thankful for while others can just be parasites. I think Ann Marie falls in the latter category. Interesting comment by Stephen regarding learning a lesson. Wonder what he has up his sleeve? Great chapter! 

This family has illustrated two types of family members, Tim's dad showed a closer bond to Tim but Eva had no problem with that. She accepted that Tim and Dad had bonded as a normal father and son. I'm sure Dad paid attention to Eva as well. Age difference may have  been a factor. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 11/25/2021 at 6:30 AM, chris191070 said:

It seems Tim is all business concerning Ann Marie, if she doesn't pay that invoice she's gonna end up in court.

Obviously, there is no love there

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 11/25/2021 at 7:18 AM, Clancy59 said:

You go, Timothy!  Hopefully, Ann Marie will actually learn something!

Stephen has a lot of learning coming over the next few years, but Gramps is doing it the right way. He’s not just handing the reins to him.  He’s making him earns his stripes in the trenches with the regular folk.  Not only will Stephen gain a true understanding of everything that goes into running this business, but the employees will develop a respect for him because he puts in honest work—it’s his ethic—instead of expecting everything to simply be handed to him because he is “The Golden Child” (sound familiar, Ann Marie?).

Yes, Gramps has a lot of faith in Stephen. It was interesting that Tim recognized what Gramp was doing.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 11/25/2021 at 8:34 AM, bottomguy said:

It appears Tim is going to make sure big sister(Ann Marie) is dealt with a little differently than she is used to .  She is going to find out that her little brother has grown up and is now an attorney.  Tim is also giving Stephen hints about what Gramps is doing as far as having him doing computer work in different departments of the company.  I agree with Tim's thinking that Gramps is making Stephen work his way into the company and earning the respect of the employees as well.  I do wonder what thoughts he has for teaching Ann Marie a lesson?  This is going to be interesting as well. 

It seems that in every family there is someone, somewhere who needs to show how intellegent they are compared to the rest of the family.  Amazing how this seems to never work either.    Speaking  course from observations of other families...

Let us discover what lies ahead with the Parker farm purchase and who will be operating that.  Could it be Randy,  or is there a possibility that Ann Marie may come into play in this regard?  Interesting chapters ahead me thinks. 

Now there is a thought. I could see Ann Marie working on a farm.  Too bad the goats are gone.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 11/25/2021 at 9:00 AM, drsawzall said:

Tim will have to tale his sister to court, and I think Ann Marie should have a lecture or two from Steven's grandfather!!!

If they go to court, it'll be bad news for Ann Marie.  Tim will make sure the papers get the news

  • Like 2
Link to comment
23 hours ago, mikedup said:

Interesting chapter, I seriously doubt that she will pay the invoice, but I think she will be camping out at the lawyer to get the money she thinks is due to her, as long as she gets the hell out the parents house

I don't think Tim will let her off the hook. She is very vain and anything in the news would be a major problem, for her.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
21 hours ago, weinerdog said:

 @bottomguy has an interesting though about Ann Marie coming into play at the farm like maybe Ann Marie working there to pay off the invoice? I could just see her milking a goat.

@drsawzall thought about getting a lecture from Stephen Grandfather I was thinking maybe Stephen Mom might be better to talk to her she could say I acted like you until I realized I could lose my family

Happy Thanks giving to the readers and The Author

Thanks and since I am responding the day after, I hope you had a nice Holiday. 

There is no love between Tim and Ann Marie.   She must have done something when he was young. 

If she won't listen to her own parents, chances are she won't listen to anyone.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
20 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Previous comments about Ann-Marie contacting the lawyer who wrote the Pre-Nup are missing two points.

First the lawyer who wrote the Pre-Nup (and probably his Will) was under contract to the late husband, NOT her and is legally bound by that irregardless of his death. Previous children of his (blood relatives) could sue the lawyer for breach of contract etc). 

Second, her "lazy ass" may preclude her actually doing anything that resembles work.

To those of you celebrating U.S. Thanksgiving today (Nov. 25th), Happy 🦃 Day. Enjoy 🍗 🍖 🥧 🫓

 

I am sure in your life you have met people who think their s@@t is gold. At her age, her personality has been so ingrained it won't ever changed. My guess sh will become a very old woman with no friends.,

  • Like 2
Link to comment
17 hours ago, lwj said:

Interesting family, what a bitch the sister is. Should have told her to go rot in hell.

 

Parents have an infinity of love for their children. I'm sure her parents feel they have failed

  • Like 2
Link to comment
15 hours ago, Kev said:

Go Tim, go Tim!!! We all know the botch won't pay. Loving the guys as usual...

From us Brits in the UK, 'Happy Thanksgiving guys!!' but did you really have to give us Black Friday though??? Got a 50% off everything sale tomorrow... Arghhhhhhh!

Black Saturday was a merchant trick to get rid of inventory. Put a tv on sale at a ridiculous price, which is their inventory price, and only one. Shoppers rush in and of course buy more than they intended. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
12 hours ago, Chris L said:

@Kev@Anton_Cloche@weinerdog - Thank you! ❤️

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the US as well! ... and to everyone else, shop till ya drop, it's gonna be BUSY!!! LOL!!! LOL!!!  

I think I'm going to open a shop selling all of those Black Friday specials that people bought and wonder why thy bought them.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, CLJobe said:

Black Saturday was a merchant trick to get rid of inventory. Put a tv on sale at a ridiculous price, which is their inventory price, and only one. Shoppers rush in and of course buy more than they intended. 

Absolutely manic ... we're a charity shop and they were queueing at the door when we opened... WOW!! Best day ever😃

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..