Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 815 Words
  • 1,749 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 80. Chapter 80

Out of habit, we walked to the hotel holding hands. People looked, and a few clapped. I smiled at Stephen, "Not everyone is against gays."

I no sooner said that when this old lady stopped us, "You are a disgrace, and you will go to hell." She proceeded to tell us what the good book said about men who lay with men. I just looked at Stephen, kissed him, and kept walking. We passed some teenage girls, they giggled.

Walking into the hotel, we sat in the lobby waiting for the Judge. "Tim, we need to be more careful when we are here. If any of those men from the coffee shop saw us, there would have been a fight."

"Maybe we need to work out, build some muscle."

"No, we just. Need to kick our running up a notch or two,"

I started to laugh, "Some of those men would have a heart attack if they chased us.."

We didn't wait long before Judge Howard showed up. "You're early, Judge."

"With the DA holding his press conference at 1 in front of the Courthouse, I wanted to get lunch over and back to my office before the crowd starts to gather."

"Judge, it appears the town is beginning to form two sides. What are my chances with my lawsuit? The word is someone in town is feeding Bruce Stevens what is happening here, and I think he may be looking at a way not to come back. Could you issue a subpoena for him to return here?"

"I could try. It would be easier if the DA issued a warrant for his arrest. Maybe after he has had his press conference, we can meet and decide the next steps. Now, we have a crisis here that needs to be addressed."

"Judge, would it be better if I file my lawsuit in a different town? I'm not sure about Thomas Boulder's criminal suit, and I imagine that will be up to the DA if he prosecutes the case."

"Let's discuss that after the DA has his press conference. Timothy, thanks for lunch and you also, Stephen. I better leave now before a crowd holds me up with questions."

 

Walking out of the hotel, a small group of people walked in a circle holding signs in front of the Courthouse. "There are two now. Repent of your sins." Then they all started to group in front of us, yelling repent. We saw a second group forming with a rainbow sign and flags. I took one look at Stephen and ran toward the Courthouse, still holding Stephen's hand.

When we reached the Courthouse door, the police arrived. Then chaos took over. Someone slugged a cop, and that was the tip-off. The woman who had the 'repent' signs started to hit the gay men on their heads, and a few police got hit as well. I saw Rich trying to make a run for the Courthouse; when he arrived, I held the door open for him.

The fire department arrived and started to turn their hose on the group. The crowd began to run away from the court square, but they didn't totally disperse. It reminded me of a football game. Those that agreed with the women were on one side of the square facing the gays and their supporters on the other side of the square. The police began to arrest from both sides, and an ambulance arrived to provide medical care to those that were hurt. I was scared of the violence I saw.

"Rich, what the hell happened? This isn't the town I grew up in. Yes, Donnie and I were teased but never experienced the violence I saw here today."

"Gay rights have become an issue. There always have been gays in this town, and you know that, you were one."

"Yes, but we were teased and shoved around, but what I'm seeing today was unheard of when I lived here."

"There's the DA, and I have a job to do." We watched Rich and five other reporters as they asked the DA questions. The DA gave a statement, we listened.

"The District Attorney's office does not choose which crime to investigate based on the sexual preferences of the injured party. Our purpose is to investigate and prosecute those individuals that break the laws. That policy will be enforced in my department as long as I am the District Attorney."

"So you will prosecute Bruce Stevens for blackmailing Thomas Boulder?"

"If our investigation confirms the complaint, then yes."

I thought about what he said. If anything would cool the hotheads, maybe that would.

We listened to the comments he would make in front of the Courthouse. The TV crew set up their equipment, and the DA gave his planned talk.

I looked at Stephen, and he smiled as we left, holding hands.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 15
  • Fingers Crossed 3
  • Sad 5
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

5 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Interesting chapter. So the DA will prosecute Bruce if there investigation finds the truth, I'm quite sure it will.

The town has become split in two, hopefully things will calm down.

In a bigoted town, that always happens and not only gay versus non-gay but also color of skin and nationality are targeted.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Philippe said:

So….was the “repent lady” the DA’s (administrative leave) secretary?

evil tina fey GIF

The Assistant DA was put on leave of absence.  The receptionist needs to worry if the DA finds out she was the one who told that the DA wasn't going to pursue Tom's case.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, weinerdog said:

On one hand the repent lady is using the bible to justify her position and then she hits someone over the head with her sign can someone give me the passage in the good book where it said to do that?Oh and also hitting a cop I don't recall that one either 

People have used the Bible as justification for anything they want to do. I guarantee you can find a verse that will support her smiting the devil.  

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 hour ago, mikedup said:

And so the next Domino falls , I imagine that they will all start falling a little faster with each small event, rich has most certainly started a war that will escalate as time goes by, another awesome chapter

The newspaper has always been more on selling papers and will print any story that will provide sales. Reporters strive for recognition. Rich is doing his job, as he sees it. Maybe it is necessary to get justice in Tom's case.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
4 hours ago, weinerdog said:

On one hand the repent lady is using the bible to justify her position and then she hits someone over the head with her sign can someone give me the passage in the good book where it said to do that?Oh and also hitting a cop I don't recall that one either 

I'm not a biblical expert, but if memory serves, it is stoning that the bible recommends rather than hitting with signs.😟

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 1/21/2022 at 11:43 AM, CLJobe said:

You are right, I remember the concept of the rich living on the top of the hill and the poor at the bottom. The haves and the have nots, and those that have find it difficult sharing. I always thought it interesting when a need exists it's the common people who respond, not the wealthy. If a neighbor-or is ill. another neighbor steps in to help. If a neighbor is hungry. it's another neighbor who provides food. The love of money isn't bad if that money is used to help the less fortunate.

Preach it now !! Can I get an AMEN in the back? 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
On 1/21/2022 at 4:18 PM, frosenblum said:

I'm not a biblical expert, but if memory serves, it is stoning that the bible recommends rather than hitting with signs.😟

Stoning resulted in death, hitting on the head with signs wasn't mentioned in the Bible so that was ok.  I'm amazed how people twist things.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Christopher said:

Preach it now !! Can I get an AMEN in the back? 

AMEN, brother. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Oh boy was I used to quoting the bible and holding sway when I serve with the M*****s as a missionary. I loved nothing more than someone trying to quote the bible at me, I could quote just as much back at them, even where one church as deleted sections. Poor Tim he has a way about him that makes the trouble follow him.... I just hope everything works out. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

It sounds as thought the DA.  will do his job as long as he is the DA.  Is he elected by the people?  Or is he appointed by the Politicians?  This could be a job saving move for the DA, possibly.  

Always a bad situation when people are  not wanting to treat others decently.  I have discovered that everyone has red blood and everyong bleeds red blood.  It makes not difference your orientation or your race.  We are all the same inside.  Some are good and kind, others are not.  Many years ago I had a good friend who worked on the department with me.  He also was a part time "bouncer" at a bar in a close by  city.  This friend was also black  and a great fellow worker.  He told me one day that while working at the bar,  He had some great experiences.  But, he said the regardless of what your race or who you are.  He said there are White Used the N word and there are Black N word.  Everyone is different if they want to be.  I alway answered my calls to help people regardless of who they were.  Some I had no idea what they were trying to tell me.  But we did get things taken care of with a lot of compassion and understanding.  I have had many people who in their time of need or sudden sorrow, need the understanding and the compassion without caring who or what they normally do.  Love does go a long way.  But so does hate. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..