Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 895 Words
  • 1,661 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 101. Chapter 101

Stephen walked around with a smile, like a cat that got the cream. He was relaxed and very attentive. I could have kicked myself in the ass for not paying more attention to him, I took him for granted, and that was a horrible mistake. There was no question that he loved me. I made a contract with myself, I’ll make sure that he is number one in my life, and if I ever drift from that, I want Donnie to make sure I remember this commitment.

Andrew met us whenever he had an update on his assignment. I made sure we met at lunchtime at work. If he needed additional information, Stephen would provide computer searches for him. I, more or less, took a back seat. I hadn’t lost interest in pursuing this lawsuit to a favorable conclusion. I had faith in Andrew, and it appeared from our conversations he was having fun doing this.

Friday evening, we had dinner with Alex and Ann Marie at the family diner. I enjoyed their food and best of all, Stephen and I didn’t have to cook. “Tim, look”

Ann Marie had a big smile on her face as she showed me a beautiful diamond ring on her finger. “Does this mean what I think it means?”

“Yes, Alex asked me to marry him, and I said yes.”

“Well, congratulations, Alex, you are a lucky man.” Ann Marie was a beautiful woman, and I was glad for her.

“Thanks, Tim. I’d like for you and Stephen to stand with us. We are planning on being married in August.”

“That’s great, and you can count on us.” Saying that I felt relieved. Now I have Tom to deal with, and I’ll need Alex’s help. Tom’s issues will be resolved before their wedding if I’m lucky.

That evening, lying in bed, “I need to talk to your dad. Ann Marie and Alex will need an apartment.”

“What are you going to do about the lodge?”

“I’m going to ask the Struthers if they want it. It belongs to Ann Marie, so that will have to buy it.”

“If they don’t?”

“I’ll put a staff in place and manage it as a vacation lodge. I’ll set up a trust for the profits and the interest she can spend as she wants. If they have children, then the trust can be for their education.”

“My guess they will buy it.”

“That’s my guess as well.”

“How much are you going to ask for it?”

“I’m going to ask for two and half million, but I’ll settle for two million. I’ll discuss this with your dad and Gramps this Sunday at dinner.” Stephen smiled when I implied Sunday dinner at his parents was back on.

After confirmation of our love, I fell asleep. Donnie came, smiling. No words were spoken, and his smile said it all.

On Sunday, we were sitting in the conservatory having our coffees, ‘Dad, my sister is getting married in August, and I’ll need a place for them. What do you have available in an apartment or condo, preferable between the office and the university hospital?”

“I currently have a project converting an old hotel into condos. The project won’t be finished until the end of September. I can show you the drawings, and if they can wait, I think that would satisfy your conditions of being between the office and hospital.”

I did review his drawings, and the condos were two bedrooms, living room, dining room, and kitchen. “Dad, this would be perfect.”

“Tim, maybe they could change their wedding date until the end of September.”

“We can ask, but if it were me, I wouldn’t wait. I’d rent a hotel room until when the condo would be ready.”

“Tim, I do have an apartments that I could rent until the condo is available.”

I smiled. “That would be great. Then they won’t have to delay their wedding.”

On the way home, “Maybe we should buy one of your dad’s condos. Then when my mom and dad visit, they can stay there.”

“You don’t want them to stay with us?”

“No, I have missed my breakfast seat too many times.” I didn’t have a problem with Mom and Dad staying with us, but now I want to enjoy my home with Stephen.

Tom called and said his classes would end on the 15th of the following month. I arranged for him to stay with us. Now I needed to talk to Alex.

I called Alex from work and arranged for him to join us for lunch. Alex arrived a few minutes early. Stephen met him and brought him to my office. “Alex, we have a friend that needs help.” I proceeded to tell Alex about Bruce and Tom. I had told him about Bruce’s raping of Ann Marie, so he knew who I was talking about. “Tom’s classes will end next month. He needs help. His self-esteem is very low. The guy is intelligent and needs to get on with this life. Can you help him?”

“I’ll need to talk with him before I can answer your question. Whatever happened to your court case against this guy?”

“It’s still going on; I have a lawyer friend who needed something to occupy his time. He’s taken over the case.”

“Tim, let’s go to lunch. I’m hungry.”

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 32
  • Love 14
  • Fingers Crossed 5
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Progress, and congratulations are in order , slow and  steady progress with the case , Tim it seems, likes to wheel and deal

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I'm pleased for Ann Marie, her recovery is complete. Alex is a lucky man.

Hopefully Alex can help Tom, recover from his trauma of Bruce.

  • Like 4
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment

Good thing for AM that she has Alex.Imagine if Tim sold the lodge for 2 million and AM  didn't have Alex and AM had control of the money? The money may not have lasted a year🤔Maybe not even 6 months.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
23 hours ago, mikedup said:

Progress, and congratulations are in order , slow and  steady progress with the case , Tim it seems, likes to wheel and deal

He still wants Justice for AM..  The lodge is hers, it has value that she can use. The money would be a nice wedding gift.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
23 hours ago, chris191070 said:

I'm pleased for Ann Marie, her recovery is complete. Alex is a lucky man.

Hopefully Alex can help Tom, recover from his trauma of Bruce.

That will be the next project and hopefully the last Bruce oriented project for Tim

  • Like 3
Link to comment
23 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Good thing for AM that she has Alex.Imagine if Tim sold the lodge for 2 million and AM  didn't have Alex and AM had control of the money? The money may not have lasted a year🤔Maybe not even 6 months.

Alex will be good for AM..  I think Tim will ensure that she doesn't blow the 2 million. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
21 hours ago, JayT said:

doesn't anyone worry about the ethical concerns with Alex and Ann Marie being together... psychiatrists dating their patients is cause for them to lose their license to practice

I don't think that would be an issue since AM has been helped to the degree she could live independently. I believe the doctor-patient relationship is no longer in force

  • Like 3
Link to comment
15 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Looks like all the ducks are in a row, time for Tim and Stephen to start their family!!!

Yes, one more open issue, i.e. Tom.  

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
2 hours ago, CLJobe said:

I don't think that would be an issue since AM has been helped to the degree she could live independently. I believe the doctor-patient relationship is no longer in force

but didn't they get together while she was still under his care

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I like these people... Lunch always comes first, no matter what. So glad that AM is getting married. Would love to have someone buy a condo for me... I'm a good boy🥰 A very... very... very gooooood boy🤣🤣🤣🤣

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..