Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,163 Words
  • 1,701 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 41. Chapter 41

When I arrived home, the house was very quiet, and that was unusual as I expected Randy to be home. I went and changed my clothes, and there was a note on the computer for me from Randy.

“Tim, I have gone to the Parker’s. Call me when you are ready to go home.”

I wonder what happened. I called Mr. Parker and asked that he send Randy home. While I waited, I packed my suitcase, went to the kitchen and had a cup of coffee. Ann Marie must have thought that Randy had come home.

“Randy, bring me a cup of coffee.”

“This isn’t Randy, and if you want a cup of coffee, you need to come down and get it yourself. It would be best to stop ordering people around like your slaves. You should be damn lucky Mom and Dad have let you stay here. For ten years, they weren’t good enough for you, and now when there is only the street, you expect them to not only let you back into their lives but to expect them to wait on you as well. If you don’t change, you may be out on the street.”

“When I get my inheritance, you all can go to hell.”

“I wouldn’t count on that.”

I left and went and sat on the porch waiting for Randy. About 10 minutes later, I heard her in the kitchen, and I was going to go and confront her when I saw Randy pull into the driveway. I picked up my suitcase, placed it in the back seat, got in front next to Randy, “Let’s go.”

We made small talk as we drove home. “How are the Parkers?”

“They are excited about moving. Mrs. Parker has started to pack, and Mr. Parker talked to that Realtor about the house they want. He will mail the realty company a check to put down on the house. Mrs. Parker and her sister have been busy on the phone. You made them very happy.”

“Randy, what do you think about you and your mom living on the farm. You have two more years of high school before you think about college.”

“I wouldn’t mind, but Mom might think differently.”

“Well, give it some thought. It’ll be a few weeks before the Parkers will be ready to move.”

“Tim, I have a bushel of vegetables in my trunk for you. I think Mr. Parker has retired, and he told me if I wanted any, I had to pick them myself.”

“Well, if you choose to live there. You will need to get good at that. Your rent will be a bushel of vegetables every two weeks, delivered.”

We laughed. I don’t think I would even have to say that. He knows Stephen, and I like vegetables, particularly freshly picked.

“You hungry, Randy? “What a question to ask a teenage eating machine.

We stopped at the pizza place. I let Randy order what he wanted, I called home. Mom answered. I told her we were on our way, and we stopped for pizza. “Don’t worry about dinner. I’ll bring spaghetti.” “Yes, I’ll update you all when I get home.” “Yes, Dad is fine. I had lunch with him today.” “See you soon.”

While they were making a Randy special, I gave them my order, and I had a coffee. Randy had a soda while we waited.

When everything was ready, we left. In 15 minutes, we were home. Then the questions. “Mom, I’ll tell you everything, but first I need a shower and change my clothes. I have worn these clothes for two days.” Actually, I wanted to think a little about how I would answer Mom’s questions. I knew she probably talked to Dad this afternoon. No matter what Ann Marie was up to, Mom would defend her or stay quiet. Sometimes the quiet was worse than the questions.

I washed my face and hands, changed into clean clothes, and headed to the kitchen.

“I talked to your dad, and he told me a little about what happened at court. Tim, are you going….”

“Mom, I’m going to make sure she will be okay. There is a lodge where she will stay, and I will pay a housekeeper and groundskeeper to maintain the facility and assist her. She will have a credit card; however, it will have a limit that I will monitor. She will be fine.”

“Tim, she won’t like that.”

“Mom, the only other option is for her to get a job, and I think you know that won’t happen.” I could tell that Mom was worried. I wasn’t concerned, but I knew the road to peace would be rough.

I went to my office. I had to inform Mr. James of the judgment and offer him a copy. I also needed to check the accounts to make sure the money was returned, and thankfully it was. I acknowledge the transfer of the estate, home and grounds, to the children’s organization.

I was busy and didn’t notice someone until I got a kiss on my head. I jumped, and there was Stephen, smiling, and I got a lover’s kiss.

“I’m never going to sleep alone. I nodded off and on all night.”

Kissing him, “I didn’t sleep well either. Tonight we can go to bed early.” I said this to him with, what he called, a wicked wink.

Dinner, I brought everyone up to date. For Mom, some of what I said I had told her earlier.

“Does that mean I don’t have to wait on her anymore?”

“I thought that stopped. Is she still asking you to bring food to her?”

“We’ll not all the time. She asks if I’m home, but I’m not always home when she wakes up. I’ll be going to the Parkers until they move.”

Randy provided an opportunity to change the subject from Ann Marie to the Parkers. Since Randy knew more about what they were doing, I let him carry the conversation.

“I forgot the basket of vegetables, and they are still in the trunk of my car.”

He went to get up, “Randy, finish eating, and Stephen can help you.”

 

Later that evening, after our shower, lying in bed, I told Stephen about my argument with Ann Marie. I hadn’t mentioned it to Mom, and I don’t intend to tell her.

“Tim, are you ready to go to battle with her?”

“Yes, it’s for her own good and Mom and Dad’s sanity. She will fight, but she’ll soon learn it will be better if she cooperates.”

“When will she receive the papers from the court?”

“Sometime this week, we will hear the scream. I notified Mr. James and sent him a copy of the court papers. I expect her to call him, and now he has the information to respond.”

Nestled in Stephen’s arms, I fell into a deep sleep. Donnie visited, but he just smiled.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 19
  • Wow 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Ann Marie is in for the shock of her life. At least she has a home with a gardener and a cook, she will have a monthly allowance. 

She will have to learn within her means.

  • Like 4
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment

Ann Marie .... oh my girl, you got a truckload of butt hurt coming your way! As weinerdog said, the comment "When I get my inheritance, you all can go to hell" definitely took me back a bit to read. I too think that's exactly what mom and dad need to hear in order to have a 'wake yo ass up' moment and realize the vile and ugly person Ann Marie has turned into and what she really thinks of them all.  

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Sound as though Ann Marie has already banished Tim to hell.  You think she may wish she had not said this?  If she has her mind already made up as to what she is going to be doing with her inheritance. She is not going to be a happy camper once the papers are in her hands.  How many pieces can she tear the papers into?  We may also find that out.

I do not feel bad for Ann Marie.  She has brought all of this down on herself without anyones help.  I really enjoy wonderful fireworks displays.  Will Ann Marie's fireworks have aireal bombs also.  I am sure ther will be several showering sparks in this blow up. 

But I am still getting the feeling that there is something more that is also coming soon to the family here.  I am thinking Ann Marie may attempt a sudden change of her own after the arrival of the papers from the court to her.  Has there been a Hurricaine named Ann Marie by chance?  Just kidding!!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
23 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Ann Marie is in for further rude awakenings...Mom needs to understand that Ann Marie would not cross the street to assist her in a time of need!

Mom feels guilty. It's to late for her to effect any change.  I imagine the presence of AM reminds her of her perceived failure

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
21 hours ago, mikedup said:

Well Ann gave her response "you can all go to hell" she is in for one hell of a wake up call I can just imagine the cursing and when she eventually does realise that Stephen has got her absolutely by the short and curlies , and that he now holds her welfare and life in his hands, and being friendly would serve her better than being ugly

Sometimes hate over rules common sense

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
21 hours ago, Christopher said:

Ann Marie .... oh my girl, you got a truckload of butt hurt coming your way! As weinerdog said, the comment "When I get my inheritance, you all can go to hell" definitely took me back a bit to read. I too think that's exactly what mom and dad need to hear in order to have a 'wake yo ass up' moment and realize the vile and ugly person Ann Marie has turned into and what she really thinks of them all.  

Yes, hatred is like a vine, it encompasses everything in it's way. Ann Marie detests her family. instead of being grateful they have taken her in, she detests having to go there as her last resort.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
19 hours ago, Kev said:

Don't get on the wrong side of Tim... This Ann Marie doesn't change, she's nothing but a bitch from hell!!! However, did Tim and his sister get to be so nice? Loving that he offered Randy and his mom the farm to live on.... Loving our boy 🥰

I have always wondered how people are able to keep hate alive so long. I would also be surprised if she has any friends

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Ann Marie reminds me of the spoonerism about a shining whit.

😃

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, CLJobe said:

😃

 

27 minutes ago, bottomguy said:

Sound as though Ann Marie has already banished Tim to hell.  You think she may wish she had not said this?  If she has her mind already made up as to what she is going to be doing with her inheritance. She is not going to be a happy camper once the papers are in her hands.  How many pieces can she tear the papers into?  We may also find that out.

I do not feel bad for Ann Marie.  She has brought all of this down on herself without anyones help.  I really enjoy wonderful fireworks displays.  Will Ann Marie's fireworks have aireal bombs also.  I am sure ther will be several showering sparks in this blow up. 

But I am still getting the feeling that there is something more that is also coming soon to the family here.  I am thinking Ann Marie may attempt a sudden change of her own after the arrival of the papers from the court to her.  Has there been a Hurricaine named Ann Marie by chance?  Just kidding!!

If there hasn't been a hurricane names Ann Marie there is about to be one. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..