Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 571 Words
  • 1,901 Views
  • 15 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 16. Chapter 16

We had dinner that evening in Grandfather’s room. “Timothy, I have a position for you in my legal department. One of my lawyers will be retiring and creates a vacancy. And Stephen, I would like to be at your wedding, so be sure I’m invited.”

Stephen got up and left. “Stephen had told me he was gay when he was in high school. He was troubled about it and afraid of being bullied. So I signed him up for self-defense classes and told him to date girls for special events, but not the same girl. His mother prides herself on being envied. She had paraded her handsome son before her friends who had daughters, and now she is afraid of the backlash she will receive when the news comes out her son is gay. She is more concerned about her reputation than her family. In time she will come to accept it.”

Stephen returned and handed his grandfather a wedding invitation.

I looked at Stephen. I never saw it, nor had we discussed the date. He winked and then leaned over and kissed me.

“Isn’t this the same day as graduation?”

“Yes, I’m not giving this man a chance to getaway. The graduation services are in the morning, and I have made arrangements for us to be married at the campus cathedral after graduation festivities are over.”

I started to laugh. “Stephen, there is no way I’m going to run away. I want this as much as you.” That resulted in a kiss.

For the next hour, we talked about how we met, spoke about Randy and his mother, about my family, and what do they think about me getting married. “Have they met Stephen?”

“Yes, they have. I have told them about my pending marriage to Stephen. My youngest sister approved, and Randy insisted on being in the wedding party. I told him he could be my best man.”

 

With dinner over, Stephen and I took a walk. He showed me his favorite spots, including an ice cream parlor. Eating our ice cream cone, we walked to his high school, which was considerably larger than mine. It was a pleasant stroll, quiet like our souls were communicating.

Returning home, we were sitting on a bench in the garden when Stephen’s dad came and sat beside us. “Stephen, don’t worry about your mother. She will come around.”

“Thanks, Dad.”

“Stephen, that is the first time you called me ‘dad.’”

“You can thank Tim for that. When I visited his family, he called his father, Dad, and his mother, Mom. I felt they were close, not so formal. So from now on, you are Dad.”

“What about your mother?”

“I’ll try ‘mom’ after Tim, and I are married.” We laughed.

“Is this a private party, or can anyone join?”

I whispered to Stephen, try gramps. “No, we have room for you, Gramps.”

I saw tears in his grandfather’s eyes. I was afraid.

“Stephen, thank you. I called my grandfather’ gramps,’ and I was hoping that someday you would call me that.”

I looked up into the sky, and it seemed there was one star outshining the rest. Silently, ‘thanks, Donnie.’

I spent the week with Stephen and his family. I was hoping his mother would accept us, for Stephen’s sake.

Our break was over, and we had to get back to school. This would be our last semester.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Love 23
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

TIm and Stehen beoming married on the same day as graduation.  A busy day that will become.  Graduation day and marrige day at the same time.  A little unusual, but not totally.  Stephen's mother seems a little disconnected with him.  Maybe she will see joy that her son is showing soon.  As for Tim,  it sounds as though he will have a job right after his graduation with Gramps.  Everything seems to be heading in the correct direction.  What bumps in thr road lie ahead for the young couple?  Will this love story become more of a mystery?  Too many things seem to be suddenly jumping out for me.  I do hope Tim and Stephen become married.  What will mom think and do about her son who is in love with Tim.  Mom seems to be the unknown factor that has not really been addressed yet.  I want to read the next chapter to give us more insight to what may happen.

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Great chapter, regardless of  "mother" congratulations are definitely in order , it is going to be an awesome graduation and wedding, I somehow Don't think that mom is going to come around

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I can't disagree with any of the comments above, but have to wonder if somehow Steven's mother and Tim's older sister were somehow separated at birth???

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
14 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Getting married same day as graduation wow Stephen doesn't mess around.Never using the word Dad or Mom I bet the mother was responsible for that as if saying it that way was beneath them.

It's very touching that Tim never forgets about Donnie 

I don't know about you but I remember people who have shared in my past and are no longer here. There are times when something happen that brings these people;to us again in our lives. I used those experiences for Tim and  Donnie

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
14 hours ago, chris191070 said:

No messing around, graduation in the morning, married in the afternoon.

I'm glad Tim has not forgotten Donnie.

Some people will be with you always.  Stephen isn't going to let Donnie go

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
8 hours ago, bottomguy said:

TIm and Stehen beoming married on the same day as graduation.  A busy day that will become.  Graduation day and marrige day at the same time.  A little unusual, but not totally.  Stephen's mother seems a little disconnected with him.  Maybe she will see joy that her son is showing soon.  As for Tim,  it sounds as though he will have a job right after his graduation with Gramps.  Everything seems to be heading in the correct direction.  What bumps in thr road lie ahead for the young couple?  Will this love story become more of a mystery?  Too many things seem to be suddenly jumping out for me.  I do hope Tim and Stephen become married.  What will mom think and do about her son who is in love with Tim.  Mom seems to be the unknown factor that has not really been addressed yet.  I want to read the next chapter to give us more insight to what may happen.

 

I think you will be surprised.  Might take the next two chapters

  • Like 5
Link to comment
8 hours ago, mikedup said:

Great chapter, regardless of  "mother" congratulations are definitely in order , it is going to be an awesome graduation and wedding, I somehow Don't think that mom is going to come around

Mothers can put up a good defense but the words, Then you will lose, I'm marrying Tim, can have a big eye awakening

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Loving dad and gramps... never had grandparents that I can remember so rather jealous here... Still a little worried about mom. Must ask why people think 'position and positioning' is so important in life? (mind it made agreat song in Slipper and the Rose). Mum needs to get her nose out if her arse and learn what is really important.🤪

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..