Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 988 Words
  • 2,473 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 35. Chapter 35

Mornings are always great for me. I wake in someone’s arms. This morning I woke to the smell of coffee as well. For me, this was going to be a great morning.

Showering together is the kiss on a perfect start of the day. I think I’ll never get tired of these mornings. Dressed, I went to the kitchen to help. I knew Mom and Aunt Clara would be up, but I didn’t expect to see Randy up.

“You are up early, Randy.”

“There was a lot of noise in the shower this morning which woke me up.”

I knew he couldn’t hear anything, and he was becoming quite a tease. “You do know what happens comes around again. You need to be careful of the noise you make in the shower.” I moved my fist up and down. He blushed.

Stephen came into the kitchen, seeing Randy, “Randy, why are you blushing?”

That just made Randy’s face redder. I laughed. Mom and Clara looked at me as if to say, ‘are you alright?’

Breakfast was a continuation of dinner. We chatted through breakfast and two cups of coffee. Randy got ready to leave. Stephan walked him to his car at the plant’s parking lot. Before they left, I told Stephen to give Randy money for gas. Stephen drove our car back. He had a shopping trip to make. I stayed home and worked on Gramps case. I wasn’t aware of the time until I heard, “Tim, come and help.”

They were back.

Mom and Aunt Clara ended up staying with us for two weeks. Randy drove up on Friday night and returned home on Sunday morning.

 

“Tim, shouldn’t that lawyer have notified Ann Marie about the prenup?”

“Yes, it has been three weeks. I’ll follow up.”

Monday, I called from my office. Of course, he wasn’t in his office, and I had to leave a message. I was angry. “Please inform Mr. Morris that if Mrs. Struthers does not receive notification that the prenup isn’t valid within the next five days, I’ll institute a lawsuit for incompetence.”

That evening I told Stephen what I had done. “Tim, can you do that?”

“Yes, I have reciprocity with that state.”

“I suspect he has informed the heirs, and they are probably upset about this. I have a strange feeling that the heirs are involved in secreting their shares in a place where Ann Marie could not get her hands on them.”

“Why would he do that? Surely he knows that he would be obligated to notify Ann Marie. He was her husband’s lawyer.”

“I suspect that is why. I’m sure he has informed the heirs, and it wouldn’t surprise me that they are discussing how to limit Ann Marie’s impact on their inheritance.”

“So they might want to limit her what she can claim on her husband’s estate?”

“Yes, but thanks to you, I can copy all of the news surrounding her husband’s death. Name of those who have inherited, what they have inherited, and if they have sold any of it. That equipment you have installed in my office is a search machine the government would love to get their hands on.”

The smile I got from him was worth a million dollars. I don’t think Stephen fully realizes what he is capable of achieving. Johnny was a scoundrel, but his saving grace was bringing Stephen into my life.

“Stephen, have you looked at that circuit board I gave you?”

“Yes and no, I did check the surface, and nothing. I’ll dismantle it and check the components.”

 

Four days after I had called Mr. Morris, I called Dad. “Dad, has Ann Marie received any information from a lawyer? Yes, his name is Andrew Morris. Nothing, Mr. Morris is about ready to go to court.”

“Can you do that? You’re not licensed in that state.”

“Yes, I am. There is an agreement between several states that permit an attorney who has passed the bar in one of these states the right to practice law in those states. Fortunately, I can practice law in his state. I’ll keep you informed.”

Now I had my weekend work. Monday, I filed a petition in the municipal court where Mr. Morris lived. I was asking for compensation and penalties. If Mr. Morris is smart, he will call me and settle before going to court. I asked the judge to authorize a subpoena for his records pertaining to Mr. George M. Struthers.

Five days later, I received a phone call from Mr. Morris. He wanted to meet. I expected this call.

I called Dad and asked if I could use his office. I knew Stephen and he chatted often. I had no problem with that. Dad did one better. He arranged for me to use his lawyer’s office.

I brought Stephen up to date. He said he talked to Dad and told him I might need to use his office as it wasn’t suitable to use my office at the plant.

I phoned Morris's office and told him I would meet at my office the following Monday. This was seven days before our meeting with the judge.

With Stephen’s help, I outlined the information I would need. I wanted two copies, one I’d give to Mr. Morris and the other I would use in court.

“Tim, why are you spending your time trying to see that she gets her fair share? If she treated me like she does you, I would walk away.’

“If I don’t get her out of the house, Mom and Dad will have a nervous breakdown. I want her to feel remorse over the way she has treated Eva and me.”

“I think you are expecting too much. Watch. She will leave and not even say goodby.”

“You are probably right, but Mom, Dad, Aunt Clara, and Randy will say ‘thanks,” and that is enough.”

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 32
  • Love 16
  • Wow 4
  • Fingers Crossed 2
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Tim is going to alot of of trouble to help Ann Marie  which he will not get thanks for.

I think Mr Morris will concede defeat, rather than go to court.

But he is doing it for the health of his parents.

Edited by chris191070
  • Like 5
Link to comment

"I’ll institute a lawsuit for incompetence." Stephen is doing a Saint's work taking on a mountain of incompetence, especially for the one that will never say thank you. But, like he said, he's doing this for the rest of the family and not her. I'm feeling the boot getting closer to footing it right out the door. 🤣

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Mr. Morris has probably not even given any thoughts to another attorney digging in what was his bread and butter.  I think Mr. Morris is working in the panic mode right now and attempting to brush away his tracks that are all over the will, estate and any bonds or stocks along with property.  He may find just the thing he needs.  Paid room and board in a state institutional facility,  you know kinda like a prison!!🤑  He might even be able to talk his way into having some other members who gained from the will and  the estate. 

As far as Ann Marie is concerned.  I think she should find a nice place in oh lets say deep in the southern reaches of the Antartic  to set up her own estate.  Where she can cool  her jets and see how many of the natural wildlife there listens to her.  If she gets any of the assets from the will and estate.  Let her take what is left from Timothy's fees for saving her worlthless cabbose, and send her way out the door to never return. Let her go and make others lives a misery in hell if she can.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
22 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Tim is going to alot of of trouble to help Ann Marie  which he will not get thanks for.

I think Mr Morris will concede defeat, rather than go to court.

But he is doing it for the health of his parents.

Tim knows that once she leaves peace will reign once again their home. Tim may not realize it but he has something to hang over her head.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
21 hours ago, Chris L said:

"I’ll institute a lawsuit for incompetence." Stephen is doing a Saint's work taking on a mountain of incompetence, especially for the one that will never say thank you. But, like he said, he's doing this for the rest of the family and not her. I'm feeling the boot getting closer to footing it right out the door. 🤣

If it doesn't get stuck in her ass

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
20 hours ago, Philippe said:

 

By being her attorney, they must work through him, not her. Therefore, all the time and efforts in facilitating and accommodating Ann Marie’s living are billable. It may not be a thank you but he can likewise extract a little reasonably good pay for all that are impacted, BEFORE, that escrow account will be released. Whether in cash deposits, bonds, or deeds, Ann Marie will not hold any until the billing is debited from such holdings. Ann Marie losses much power to abuse or misuse them when her licensed attorney is the broker by judicial law; unless she fires him, which could risk the lawsuit too.

You are right and Tim knows that. I wonder what his fee will look like.  

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
20 hours ago, mikedup said:

Oh hell I think Morris is going to be in deep s*it I also think he is in cahoots with that family, I also think they will all fall on their own sword , at least she will be gone , I think Tim before she leaves must make her sign a declaration that she will never return to their parents house, interesting developments and times ahead

I think Tim will make that happen.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
18 hours ago, Kev said:

Mr. Morris is about to see stars... the stars you get when you land on your backside with a great whack!!! He must be an idiot, mind you I think Tim is an absolute angel after the way that his sister behaves. Still say kick to the curb and leave her there. If she get the inheritance she'll have the money to torture the staff... my luck would put me as her butler😭🤣😭🤣😭

You wouldn't want to be her butler/. Think of all the shit you would have to take

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
14 hours ago, weinerdog said:

I don't know who's worst Ann Marie or the other heirs the love of money is indeed the root of all evil.

The details of this case remind of another famous case the Anna Nicole Smith case the other heirs tried to screw her in that one also.Did that case influence your writing here?

After Tim wins the case(I'm sure he will) I would make it short and sweet Ana Marie you won.NOW GET OUT!!!!!!!

I think the heirs didn't like Ann Marie and wanted to make sure she got essentially nothing,

  • Like 3
Link to comment
13 hours ago, drsawzall said:

If the state Ann Marie and her husband lived in was like California, she is entitled to half of all assets. It will be interesting to see if there is a will and how it lays out the distribution of assets!!

If the family has played fast and loose with the estate, they stand to lose everything, and Attny Morris is about to lose his license to practice!

Most states have laws protecting the surviving spouse. In this case there are certain restrictions that prevented the heirs. That was the reason for the prenup

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, bottomguy said:

Mr. Morris has probably not even given any thoughts to another attorney digging in what was his bread and butter.  I think Mr. Morris is working in the panic mode right now and attempting to brush away his tracks that are all over the will, estate and any bonds or stocks along with property.  He may find just the thing he needs.  Paid room and board in a state institutional facility,  you know kinda like a prison!!🤑  He might even be able to talk his way into having some other members who gained from the will and  the estate. 

As far as Ann Marie is concerned.  I think she should find a nice place in oh lets say deep in the southern reaches of the Antartic  to set up her own estate.  Where she can cool  her jets and see how many of the natural wildlife there listens to her.  If she gets any of the assets from the will and estate.  Let her take what is left from Timothy's fees for saving her worlthless cabbose, and send her way out the door to never return. Let her go and make others lives a misery in hell if she can.

 

 

Tim will make sure she is looked after and you can bet she won't like it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..