Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 811 Words
  • 1,786 Views
  • 21 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 106. Chapter 106

Sitting in the cafeteria, “Alex, what’s going to happen with the young girl?”

“The hospital will inform her parents that she had given birth to twins, but in giving birth, she has died.”

“Considering that she was tossed out of her home, what are the chances her father will provide burial services for her.”

“Do you think he will want the babies?”

“No, Stephen, she signed the paper that Tim wrote stating you two are the babies’ guardians. Considering her father disowned her, I don’t see an issue with the babies.”

“Alex, if her father decides he won’t provide a proper burial service, we will see that she has one.” I saw Donnie with that smile, and I knew that Stephen and I would see that she had a burial service.

I don’t know how many cups of coffee I drank before a nurse came and said we could see the babies. Stephen got up so fast he spilled his coffee. Alex led us to the nursery, and there we saw the babies. I was mesmerized by them, and I couldn’t believe these tiny babies were ours. Except for Eva Marie, I had never seen a baby, and these babies were tiny compared to Eva Marie when we saw her for the first time.

Stephen had his arm around my shoulders. I don’t know how long we stayed there looking at these babies. I felt someone grab my arm, and I jumped. “I’m sorry for scaring you.”

“That’s okay, Alex. I couldn’t take my eyes off those babies. I can’t wait to take them home. Then it hit me, “Stephen, we need to convert Randy’s room into a nursery. Alex, we will need someone to help take care of the babies when we are at work.” I realize that we aren’t prepared for these babies.

“Tim, they will stay here until they are ready to go home. That will give you time to set up a room for them and interview someone to help take care of them.”

I looked at Stephen, and he was miles away. “Alex, what is next?”

“There are some papers you need to fill out. When you are finished looking, come to my office, and I’ll have the papers for you to sign.”

We stood there looking at those babies. I’d look up at Stephen, and he had that look he had when Eva Marie visited for her baptism. I laughed, he looked at me. “You’re going to spoil those babies.”

He laughed, “You’re supposed to spoil them. If we don’t, I know a couple of grandparents who will.

“Don’t forget Uncle Randy.” When Stephen smiles, his whole face lights up. I love that man.

 

It was a month before we could take the babies home. They had gained a few pounds, and Alex said they were healthy and he couldn’t see any problems in the future. “They will do fine. Just make sure you give them a lot of love.”

I had petitioned the courts for adoption. We had the mother’s consent approving us as guardians, and the next step would be adoption. I expected some comments from the girl’s father, but there weren’t any. The adoption was approved, and now when we looked at the babies, we looked upon them as our children rather than our wards. Did it make a difference? Not really, but as I explained to Stephen if the girl’s father wanted to cause trouble, he could challenge the guardianship.

I was concerned about whether the girl’s father discovered our financial status. He would come at us to ask for some incentive to give up the children, money.

When we told our parents that we had adopted two children who were twins, the questions started to fly. ‘When can we see them? What is their gender? Do you have someone to take care of them when you are at work? Do you have a room equipped for babies, you’ll need,….’

As fast as we answered their questions, they came back with more.

We discussed having a nanny for the children, and we had to work and even if we wanted to spend all of our time with the babies. When we told them that we would hire a nanny for the children, the mountain blew its stack.

No way there would be a nanny. Stephen’s mom and my mom made a schedule of who would take care of the children. Stephen’s mom would take care of the children one week, and my mom would take care of them the following week. They would alternate like this. It was Uncle Randy that came up with the answer. Aunt Clara would take care of the children, and Randy would stay at the farm, making occasional visits.

We did allow the grandmothers to furnish the room we once called Randy’s room.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Love 27
  • Wow 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Awesome chapter, crazy things seemed to happen, it was rush,rush and more rushing , I think that Donnie and his helpers will keep the useless father out of the picture or at the very least take care of him on his joinery down to "Hell" , I hope that the twins will not be over  spoiled but that seems more than impossible, now onto bringing them home. The grannies are going to have a field day

  • Like 5
Link to comment

The feeling of Stephen's stare conveyed all the love the reader needed to know in how these guys will take care of those little ones. It takes a village and the village stepped up. ❤️

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Come on!  We need more info about the babies!

Boys?  Boy and girl?  Names?  

Come on!  We NEED this as much as Stephen!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
21 hours ago, Gomez Stanley C said:

Oh come on!!!! - what are their names???????????   LOL

You know that the boy's name has to be Donald. Remember Donnie told them that the boy had to be called Donnie

  • Like 4
Link to comment
21 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

And Timothy & Stephen's son and daughter are named...?

My guess is Donald Randy and Stephanie (plus her Mother's name to honour someone who died too young and thrown out. But guided to Heaven by Donnie and Welcomed by her Mom).

👨‍👨‍👧‍👦 💞 😇 

Ps: Having reviewed EVERY chapter Cal, I've come to the conclusion that Stephen and his family are related to Cher. Despite Stephen (sometimes 'Stephan') introducing Timothy to his parents and grandfather, and going to 'Gramps' office, no family / surname is mentioned. So their son & daughter will be...  Donnie Randy Watkins -________ AND Stephanie ________ Watkins-________?

Boy's name is Donald Timothy, Donnie gave the name to Tim. The girl is named Elizabeth Marie..

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
21 hours ago, chris191070 said:

What are there names? Aunt Clara is the perfect nanny.

You know that the boy's first name is Donald, and the girl's first name is Elizabeth.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
21 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Baby names, we know of Baby Donald...and his sister's name???

His sister's name is Elizabeth.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
21 hours ago, dutch woman said:

Their names please.

And is aunt Clara living in?

The boy's name is Donald, Donnie had told Tim that was to be the name of the first boy. The girl's name is Elizabeth. Yes Aunt Cllara is a live in

Edited by CLJobe
  • Like 5
Link to comment
20 hours ago, weinerdog said:

With Aunt Clara, Uncle Randy and the two Grandmothers the babies will be fine.This will be a chance for Tim's mom to make some kind of amends.The girl's Father er...sperm donor kept being mentioned but is there any info on who the bio-father of the babies are?The girl could have been raped for all we know. 

There isn't any knowledge of who the father was. Donnie didn't say and their mother was in no condition to tell them.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
20 hours ago, Kev said:

Boy or Girl??? Donnie or Davina??? I an loving it... Tim is a Daddy and I bet Stephen is still googy eyed. Mums are terrible with babies. My mother in law was lovely but get in the way of being with one of the grandkid and face her wrath!!!

Loving it... but mum better be better with these that she was with AM!!!🤔

Aunt Clara will be the nanny, Mom can visit but I don't think she will be much of an influence in the raising of these children.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
17 hours ago, mikedup said:

Awesome chapter, crazy things seemed to happen, it was rush,rush and more rushing , I think that Donnie and his helpers will keep the useless father out of the picture or at the very least take care of him on his joinery down to "Hell" , I hope that the twins will not be over  spoiled but that seems more than impossible, now onto bringing them home. The grannies are going to have a field day

They will be spoiled, in a good way. Tim and Stephen will smoother them with love. Aunt Clara will rule as the nanny. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
14 hours ago, Christopher said:

The feeling of Stephen's stare conveyed all the love the reader needed to know in how these guys will take care of those little ones. It takes a village and the village stepped up. ❤️

Yes, Stephen has a lot of love and Tim does as well. As these children grow, it will be interesting to see Donnie's influence in Tim and Stephen's lives with these children.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..