Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,233 Words
  • 1,754 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 48. Chapter 48

The rest of the week, I worked on the agreement. Friday, walking home, “I would like to go home on Sunday. Dad has contacted a lawyer, and I need to review the Ann Marie file with him.”

“We have dinner with Mom, Dad, and Gramps on Saturday. I think Gramps may have a surprise for you.”

“What kind of surprise and why for me? I haven’t done anything.”

“I think he wants to reward you for the agreement.”

“There is nothing special in the agreement.”

“Tim, Gramps now owns 10 percent of Key Industries. Instead of an upfront payment and then royalties, you offered the stock deal as an option.”

“I just did my job.” I got a hug and a kiss.

Later at dinner, “Stephen, what are you thinking. I’ve been talking, and you were somewhere else.”

“You said you won’t take money from Gramps, but would you take a basement renovation.”

“What do you mean, the basement is finished.”

“You remember talking about moving our equipment to the basement? Well, before we could do that, we would need to renovate the basement to protect the electronics.”

“I’ll think about it. I don’t want to money for doing my job, and my salary pays me for doing my job.”

“People get bonuses. Considered this a bonus.”

“NO,” I knew that the staff recognized my relationship to Gramps, and for that reason, I have worked hard to prove I deserved the position I had. A bonus or recognition for doing my job provides a basis for gossiping, which demoralizes the rest of the department employees.

Saturday’s dinner was my favorite, roast beef. Mom just smiled as I took my first bite. Stephen must have said something to Gramps, and the Key Industries resolution never came up in our conversations.

“Do you think we could get your mother to cook for us every night? We could stop after work?”

“No! For you, I’ll ask her to teach me how to cook a roast of beef.”

I smiled as I kissed him. I knew that Stephen would do anything I asked, just as I would do anything he asked. That evening, we didn’t need to ask anything. We just knew.

Sunday morning, I called Dad and told him we were driving down. I wanted to talk with the lawyer Dad had found to meet with Ann Marie.

“Tim, where are we going to stay?”

“I’m not sure. If Mom is still acting strange, we can stay at that motel, and it’ll be only for one night.”

Arriving, Dad met us. Walking into the house, Mom, Aunt Clara, Eva, and John were sitting around the table. The only one missing was Randy.

“Where is Randy?”

“He’s at the farm. He’ll be here in an hour.”

“Tim, we want to talk with you.”

“I see. Okay, let’s talk.” I felt Stephen’s hand on my shoulder as if to say, “I’m here.”

John started, “Tim, I have run all of the tests I can. There is nothing medically wrong with Ann Marie, and I believe the problem is psychotic. The hospital isn’t equipped to handle a psychotic patient.”

“Tim, we believe it would be best if you were out of the picture.”

“Eva, you agree with this?”

“Tim, we can’t do anything for her.”

“Well, I can. I hoped that if someone explained what I was doing was in her best interest, she might be more accepting. Now, I’ll commit her to an institution that can deal with her psychotic behavior. I will make the arrangements and have her removed from the hospital as soon as possible. John, please keep her sedated and mail her medical bill to my home. Let’s go, Stephen.”

Stephen and I left the room. Eva grabbed me by my arm as we walked out of the door. “Tim, don’t go.”

“Eva, you and John did what you could. Now I’ll do what I think is best for her.”

“Stephen, let’s go to the farm and see Randy. Then we will drive home.” I was mad at myself more than my family, and I should have had her committed when she ranted and raved.

“Tim, you tried your best. Let’s hope being in a place where they specialize in mental illness will help her.”

Arriving at the farm, Randy was loading a basket of vegetables in his car when he saw us.

“I was getting ready to bring these vegetables to you at home.”

“You still can if you put them in the trunk of my car.”

“Aren’t you going to be staying?”

“No, we are driving home tonight. Where are the Parkers?”

“They flew out to Mrs. Parker’s sisters, and they want a look at the house they bought.”

“You are here alone?”

“Yes, it’s more peaceful.”

“If you get bored, drive up.”

Stephen and I hugged him, thanking him for the vegetables. I heard the phone ring. “Bye, Randy”

Stephen took the first turn at driving. I took a nap, and at the halfway mark, I took over.

Arriving home, the phone was ringing. “Let it ring, and the answering machine will handle it.

We showered and went to bed.

 

In the morning, I checked the answering machine. There were four messages on the machine. “Stephen, come and listen.” I pushed the play button, the first message was from Eva, “Tim, come back so we can discuss the next steps. John has some ideas.” The second message was from Randy, “Tim, that was Eva. She wants you to call her.” The third message was from Dad, “Tim, I’m sorry. I should have told you. Call me when you can,” The fourth message was from Mom. You are no better than your sister. You won’t listen. I saw her and she told me what you did and said to her. How can you do this to your sister?”

 

I looked at Stephen. He had tears in his eyes as he reached and pushed the erase button. I felt his arms around me as he pulled me close. “Tim, I’m sorry, but I believe in you, and most importantly, I love you. When this is all over, and the day will come when it will be all over, you will be vindicated, and they will be embarrassed for not believing in you and supporting you.”

 

Walking to work, holding Stephen’s hand, I no longer cared what others thought. I loved Stephen, and that was all that counted.

At lunch, I called the Medical School at a nearby University. I asked for a meeting with someone familiar with family psychotic behavior on their medical staff. They transferred me to the office of Dr. Adam Richards. I asked the secretary who answered for an appointment, and she said she would check his schedule and call me back.

She called me back later in the day, and we agreed on the coming Friday at 2 PM. I told Stephen, and he said he would go with me.

Thursday, arriving home, Randy’s car was parked in front of the house. Looking at the house, Randy was sitting on the steps, John and Eva were seated on the porch swing.

As soon as we opened the gate, Randy was there, he hugged Stephen, and then he hugged me, “Sorry Tim, they asked me to drive them here,”

“It’s okay, Randy,” as I ruffled his hair.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 10
  • Wow 3
  • Sad 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well let's add more drama to the mix, as if there wasn't enough drama already, mom is very unkind and harsh, I think they also steam rolled Tim unfairly, I think that the horse manure is going to hit the fan in a big way yet again

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Sad times ahead for Tim, all because of Ann Marie. At least Tim has Stephen, to love and support him.

I hope things get sorted regarding Ann Marie and his Mum, his Dad is in such a difficult position.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Wow, a confusing and frustrating chapter. Timothy is trying his best to help his sister and then seems to have been waylaid / undermined by John and Eva as well as his dad. I can understand Timothy's frustration with all of them. His mom should be ashamed, she's showing that she's no better than Ann Marie. It's one thing to have compassion and concern for someone but to ignore the problem and blame others is something else. Randy seems to always be stuck in the damn middle of everything and everyone. He should just move in with Timothy and Stephen and have a less stressful life as a young adult trying to finish his education. He definitely doesn't need this turmoil or pressure at this stage in his life. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I would normally say Tim should have stayed to hears what John's idea was but his nerves are so frazzled he had to get away. Christopher idea about Randy moving in with Tim and Stephen is a good one either that or stay at the Parkers farm anywhere but that house.

If AM had past drug use would John have been able to detect it.They pretty much know nothing about what she's done all those years she was away

Edited by weinerdog
  • Like 5
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Christopher said:

Wow, a confusing and frustrating chapter. Timothy is trying his best to help his sister and then seems to have been waylaid / undermined by John and Eva as well as his dad. I can understand Timothy's frustration with all of them. His mom should be ashamed, she's showing that she's no better than Ann Marie. It's one thing to have compassion and concern for someone but to ignore the problem and blame others is something else. Randy seems to always be stuck in the damn middle of everything and everyone. He should just move in with Timothy and Stephen and have a less stressful life as a young adult trying to finish his education. He definitely doesn't need this turmoil or pressure at this stage in his life. 

There is something wrong with Tim's mother. Tim is trying to avoid having AM a permanent resident at home. His mother wasn't happy and was stressed when AM was there. I can think of only two reasons for Tim's mom acting as she is. 1. she feels guilty and is afraid that any resolution will point the finger at her or 2, she is expressing an anger at Tim because the attention Tim's dad gave him.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
2 hours ago, dutch woman said:

It makes me sad that family can’t trust each other enough to respect each of them or understand what the other motivates to do something. This also applies to Timothy. If only all the family can see his good intentions.

I agree. Usually when there is conflict within the immediate family, one member exhibits that conflict and generally it is from favoritism, I think Tim taking Ann Marie out of that hospital and away from the family will be beneficial to Ann Marie as well as the family.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I am fast going off mother completely! ! ! Goodness only knows how she got into visit??? Loving Randy and hate how the family are treating him, why couldn't Eva and John drive themselves? Or did The boys just save him to be a driver for the family??? Let him move to the farm, he is far happier there.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Kev said:

I am fast going off mother completely! ! ! Goodness only knows how she got into visit??? Loving Randy and hate how the family are treating him, why couldn't Eva and John drive themselves? Or did The boys just save him to be a driver for the family??? Let him move to the farm, he is far happier there.

Yes and now after the Sunday meeting Aunt Clara is ready to move as well.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Kev said:

I am fast going off mother completely! ! ! Goodness only knows how she got into visit??? Loving Randy and hate how the family are treating him, why couldn't Eva and John drive themselves? Or did The boys just save him to be a driver for the family??? Let him move to the farm, he is far happier there.

Randy needs to get away from Timothy’s family.  That is not a good place for him right now.  Whether it would be better for him to stay at the farm or go to Timothy and Steve’s is yet to be determined.

Mom could have easily gotten a cab or Uber to the hospital without Dad or Eva knowing and snuck into AM’s room when the nurses weren’t aware. They aren’t there to be gate keepers.  Timothy probably didn’t expect his mother to so persistent and sneaky in getting in to see her.

I am very upset with Timothy’s family.  They had been supporting him.  They saw how AM had been acting and knew it was uncalled for.  They knew he had worked to get her her inheritance.  Now, suddenly, they are acting like he is evil incarnate and that he is abusing his ‘control’ for his own benefit.  He definitely needs to get her under an independent psychiatric care to get control of her psychotic tendencies.  He’s going to have to be certain that there will be no way his mother can claim the psychiatrist was coerced by him, because that is exactly what she will do.

His family is going to have to do a lot of groveling and make a lot apologies by the time this is all over.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I think that they all need to sit down and Tim needs to talk mum through exactly what is going on and why he is taking over managing Ann Marie’s affairs, his mother needs to let him explain it to her without interruption as she is only going by what Ann Marie has told her what she wants mum to know. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..