Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 913 Words
  • 1,848 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 26. Chapter 26

Besides doing my investigative work for Gramps’s legal department, I spent my evenings reviewing lease agreements for Dad. Utilizing the Internet and the systems Stephen designed and installed for me, I researched lease agreements, in general. Whenever I use these systems that Stephen designed for me, I realize how lucky I was to have met him and how lucky I am he’s my husband.

I created an entirely new lease, one I would use if I had rental property. I asked Stephen to compare my lease with one of Dad’s leases. He said he would do it.

I then looked at the Federal programs for reducing carbon emissions and noted that most electricity generation utilized gas. Some used coal, but most are converting to gas. Many individuals are converting to localized solar energy. The advantage is these users can sell unused energy back to the grid. There were two ways of doing this. One was having the electricity meter run backward when excess electricity is being generated, and the other was to achieve a credit on your electric bill.

“Stephan, what did Dad have in mind concerning renewable energy. He mentioned he was planning on installing systems for the business’s rental properties?”

“I don’t know. You will need to ask Dad on Sunday. Do you have some thoughts on that?”

“Yes, one of the ways is to feed excess electricity back through the meter. I think for a business, that may be the simplest. Dad will need to see how much energy each business uses to design a generation system in line with usage.”

“You need to discuss that with him at dinner on Sunday.”

“Stephen, if he chooses that method, is there a system that would automatically do that and record the data?”

“I don’t know. Let me think about that.”

“If you can do that, we could sell the system. By the way, have you given any thoughts to Randy’s request?”

“Not really. Maybe we should drive down Saturday.”

“That would be a good idea. I could get some goat cheese.”

“Okay, let’s plan on doing that.”

It will be good. I can catch up with Eva. Mom said she is thinking about getting married. Recently she had been dating one of the young doctors at the hospital. I wonder if Mom has heard anything from Ann Marie. It has been over 20 years since I have heard anything. She would be in her 40’s and her husband would be in his 70’s.

Saturday, I printed off my proposed lease and some thoughts on Dad’s concern about the generation of electricity.

“Do we drive or run?”

“Drive, we need to take a set of clothing with us if we run. Will stink the place if we don’t take a shower after the run.”

 

Sunday morning, we did our run and showered before getting dressed and driving to Mom and Dad’s. We stopped for flowers. This time, I picked out the flowers I liked. Arriving, walking into the house through the back door, Mom met us. We each got a kiss on our cheek as Mom took the flowers to put in a vase.

“Mom, where’s Dad? I have some papers for him to review.”

“I believe he’s in the conservatory. If you are going that way, can you take this tray with coffee for him and Gramps.”

I noticed four cups with a small bowl of sugar cubes and a small pitcher of cream. Stephan and I drink our coffee black, so Dad and Gramps must use sugar and cream. Stephen took the tray and led the way.

As we approached the conservatory, I heard Gramps say he was thinking about retiring in about five years. “I’d like to do some traveling before I join your mother.”

“If you need company when you go traveling, let us know we may cut out a week now and then and go with you.”

They chuckled. “Dad, take a look at this lease. And I have a proposal for your issues with electricity.”

While Dad looked at the lease and the paper I had on charging back electricity, Gramps asked how I was doing. I knew he was referring to the job at the plant. “With the help of a computer wizard, I have reviewed the files and have developed a database for future references. If the specific issue needs a reference, I can retrieve files and data to support our position if a trial results. I have also designed a database of companies and individuals who have attempted to sue us in the past. I also have a list of companies we have sued, won, and the one company where we lost the suit.”

“That loss has always bothered me. Why don’t you take a look at that case file.”

 

On the way home, “Mom must have heard you last Sunday when you commented on the vegetables. I noticed you had a large portion on your plate.”

‘Yes, I did have a large portion. I don’t know how she cooks them, but I really like them. Next time we eat there, I’m going to ask her. Next weekend, I like to go to see my mom and dad.”

“Maybe we can leave Friday night and return early Monday morning. I need to see what Randy needs for a computer.”

 

If I had known what we would find, I’m not sure I would have mentioned visiting the following weekend.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 32
  • Love 15
  • Wow 3
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Luv this chapter, so much going on. Stephen and Timothy are working together as a couple, Gramps opened up and shared a concern Timothy will look into, Dad's into the electrical regeneration business, and then there's a cliffhanger about going home. Wonder what luminous wonders await with the mention of money grubbing Eva but wait, Randy will always be enjoyable to hear about and how he's growing up and developing into a fine young man.  

  • Like 5
Link to comment
9 hours ago, bottomguy said:

The mention of the sister Ann Marie by TIm.  Suddenly her name is brought up.  Maybe we shall see what evil or wicked things may arise from  her appearance.  This should be interesting?

It appears that Gramps does have a specific lawsuit that has bothered him.  Maybe Tim will be locating some new  twist with the loss of this lawsuit? 

Maybe the  retiring attorney is just realizing that it is time to get the heck out of Dodge soon!!

 

Ann Marie was mentioned in an early chapter but not by name. You'll recognize it in the next chapter. Gramps lost that law and it has bothered him. You might be right about Andrew.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
8 hours ago, chris191070 said:

The visit home sounds ominous 

I think we shall meet the family

  • Like 3
Link to comment
7 hours ago, mikedup said:

Interesting chapter, so he got the issue sorted out with the lease ,  going home you are sneeking leaving us with serious cliffhanger, 

Yes I am..  Think about why Tim has these feelings.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Chris L said:

Luv this chapter, so much going on. Stephen and Timothy are working together as a couple, Gramps opened up and shared a concern Timothy will look into, Dad's into the electrical regeneration business, and then there's a cliffhanger about going home. Wonder what luminous wonders await with the mention of money grubbing Eva but wait, Randy will always be enjoyable to hear about and how he's growing up and developing into a fine young man.  

Remember Eva if the nurse. Stay tuned for the next chapter of, "Who is the mysterious .............

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Well some 'interesting' info on Tim's older sister Ann Marie. At 20 years older than Tim, she marries a man 30 years older thereby not concerned about children to diminish her share of his estate when he dies (and at 70 vs her 40 he's - to quote Bob Dylan - Knockin on Heaven's Door). She's just bidding her time. But want to bet she's got an (evil?) eye 👀 on Gramp's companies and money? And probably her Dad's too. Better hide the good silverware if she comes to visit. :whistle:

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
9 hours ago, drsawzall said:

My...my...my, what could possibly go wrong/right???

Tim's older sister worries me...

I think Tim can handle her. He isn't a young boy any longer.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Well some 'interesting' info on Tim's older sister Ann Marie. At 20 years older than Tim, she marries a man 30 years older thereby not concerned about children to diminish her share of his estate when he dies (and at 70 vs her 40 he's - to quote Bob Dylan - Knockin on Heaven's Door). She's just bidding her time. But want to bet she's got an (evil?) eye 👀 on Gramp's companies and money? And probably her Dad's too. Better hide the good silverware if she comes to visit. :whistle:

 

She isn't as smart as Tim. People with dollar signs in their eyes never see the beauty of a loving family until.  ---oops have I said to much.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment

God chapter but always worried when I think that as you just know that it ain't gonna last for one!!

Still loving the guys.:thankyou:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..