Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,039 Words
  • 1,987 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 28. Chapter 28

When I awoke in the morning, I was still in Stephen’s arms. It was Randy who woke us by sprinkling water on our faces. “Mom said to get up. Breakfast is ready.”

I looked at Stephen then we started to laugh. Checking the clock on the end table, it was 10:00 am. I don’t think we had ever slept this late.

Showering together, unlike our showers at home, we dressed and were sitting at the breakfast table a little past 10:30 am.

“Mom, Dad, I’ve decided to buy the Parker’s farm. After lunch, I’m going to see Mr. Parker.”

We were joined for breakfast by Eva and John. “Were you busy last night?”

“No, actually, the night shift isn’t bad, except the hours. Most of our work is checking on patients and handling any emergency cases. Friday night was hectic, but last night was normal.”

“Eva, did you know that Donnie’s parents are selling their farm?”

“No, I didn’t. Do you know what they are asking for it?”

“No, but I’ve decided to buy it. I’m going out to talk to Mr. and Mrs. Parker later this afternoon. Why don’t you stop and check it out on your way back to the hospital? That place has so many memories for me.”

A taxi pulled up to the house as we were on the porch, saying goodby to Eva and John. A woman got out, looked around, headed toward us.

“Mother, Father, don’t you know who I am?”

“No, we don’t.”

“Mom, this is Ann Marie.”

Dad walked back into the house. “Mom, don’t you recognize me?”

“Ann Marie? You left us over 30 years ago, O)f course we don’t recognize you. The only contact we had with you is the annual Christmas card, and that stopped ten years ago.”

Now I knew my sister, and there will be tears and the ‘Poor me attitude.’

I waited, she ignored me, I expected that, but she looked Stephen up and down.

“Well, come on in the house.”

“I don’t know you, but would you bring my luggage into the house? Thank you.”

Looking at Stephen, I almost busted out laughing. There was no way he would carry her luggage into the house.

We sat on the porch and waited. Fifteen minutes passed, and the luggage sat at the curb. “She needs to understand we are not her servants. She can carry her own luggage inside.”

“Where is she going to sleep? There aren’t any empty bedrooms.”

“She’ll have to bunk with Eva. I was planning on driving home tonight. I think we will stay and leave early in the morning. Let’s go and see Mr. Parker about the farm.”

“You’ll miss the excitement.”

“I’m okay doing that.”

We got into the car and started it, ready to leave. The front door opened, Ana Marie came out, “My luggage.”

We pulled out and headed to the farm. Stephen looked out the back window, “We should have taken Randy. He’s taking her luggage to the porch.”

“I’ll slow up.”

I beeped the horn. Stephen opened the window and waved for Randy to run toward us. I slowed more and then stopped. Randy opened the rear door and jumped into the back seat.

“What happened?”

“Dad told me to move her luggage to the porch. She was crying when I left.”

“I know her husband died recently. He probably didn’t leave her anything.”

“We’ll find out from Mom when we get home.”

Arriving at Parker’s farm, we met Mr. Parker walking toward his road stand with a bushel of vegetables.

“Mr. Parker, you can bring that bushel of vegetables over here.” He looked and recognized Randy and me and headed to my car. I bought the bushel from him.

“Mr. Parker, I see your farm is for sale. I want to buy it. I have many fond memories of this farm, and I would hate for someone to come and destroy those memories.”

“Timmy, I know you have memories of this farm and my son. I am glad you want to buy it. Let me talk to the wife. All I want is enough money to buy something where we are moving.”

“When you have a number, let me know. You can tell Randy or call me at this number.” I gave him one of my business cards with my home phone number.

I hugged him as I left, “Donnie said to give you this hug.” There were tears in his eyes.

“I wonder what we will find when we get home?”

“The luggage will be on the porch unless Dad moved it.”

Arriving home, the luggage was still on the porch. “Let’s sit here. If she knows we are here, she will ask us to bring her luggage inside,”

We sat there and listened. “I don’t understand why I can’t have my old room. I’ll be only for a little while until we get George’s estate settled.”

“Why aren’t you living there.”

“Before Gorge died, he gave the estate to some children services organization. I told him they would destroy it. He told me that it was agreed upon when his first wife died.”

“Didn’t he provide for you?”

“I can take any of the furniture I wanted; The artwork was donated to the museum as well as several pieces of antiquated furniture.”

“He must have provided for you.”

“I have a monthly allotment from his investment portfolio. It’s hard enough to live on.”

“I’ll bet it is at least twice what we make.”

“How much is it that you can’t afford a place of your own?”

“It’s hardly enough to cover my staff.”

“Your staff?”

“Yes, I’ll need a staff to take care of any home I choose. I’ll need a car and chauffeur.”

“Didn’t your husband have a car and chauffeur?”

“Yes, he had an old Bently. A horrible-looking car. I want a modern car. Only old people drive one of those horrible English cars.”

That did it. We started to laugh. She comes home but still feels she is better than us. I was anxious to see how mom and dad would react.

“Tonight, you can sleep in Eva’s room since she will be at the hospital tonight.”

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 3
  • Haha 10
  • Wow 4
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Angry 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

4 hours ago, lukester34 said:

If she left over 30 years ago she would be 46 or so. That would make 20 years older than her siblings. She would have been gone before they were even born. Am I missing something? 

She was 10 years older than Tim, who was 8 when she left for college, that would make her 18. Tim. That would put her age around 36-38

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Great chapter! What a joy to have an errant children return home and be grateful for being welcome. (Ackkk. Sorry got choked up on sarcasm).

Anything I could say would be superfluous to comments already made by others. 

 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment

God can someone polish my toenails for me? Jeez who does she think she Is?? How did Tim end up so nice and his sister is an utter bitch... We all have dreams of making it and having our own empire but get real gurl! You got nowt in the will so get used to it. 

Edited by Kev
  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..