Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 882 Words
  • 1,502 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 109. Chapter 109

With Thanksgiving over, life returned to normal. Mom and Dad returned home, but I had a feeling they would be moving. They talked about Ann Marie’s condo, and maybe as they got older, that might be suitable for them. The clue was when Mom said that Dad wouldn’t have to worry about mowing the yard.

Our lives returned to what it was before the holidays—running early in the morning, breakfast with the children, showers, and work. We even walked home a few times to have lunch with Aunt Clara and the children.

Our thoughts now turned to Christmas and New Year’s Day.

“Stephen, what do you think about getting a live Christmas tree? We could plant it in the backyard when Christmas is over.”

“We’re going to need lights and ornaments as well.”

When it was just the two of us spent the holidays with our parents, but now we have our own family. “We could set up a tree in the basement, and it doesn’t have to be a large tree.”

Looking at Stephen, he started to laugh. “Ok, we will have a live Christmas tree.”

Now we need to go shopping for lights and ornaments.

“We need to make out a gift list, and we should start buying gifts.”

“We need to buy teddy bears for the children.”

“You’ll need three.”

“Three?”

“Yes, one for each of our children and one for Eva Marie.” I laughed. I think Eva Marie will always have a place in Stephen’s heart.

For the rest of the week, we made a list of everyone for whom we would buy a Christmas present.

“What does Gramps do for Christmas?”

“He has a Christmas party for the employees and their significant other. He gives the employees a Christmas bonus, shuts down for Christmas, and reopens after New Year.”

“I think I’ll give those people who work with me a gift card.”

“Maybe we should give those who have helped us a gift card as well.”

“Let’s make a list.” And that is what we did.

Looking over our gift list, I wanted to give Gramps and our parents something special.

Laying in bed, “What do you think about giving Gramps a boat trip on the Danube like we had?”

“I think he would love that, but he should have someone to go with him.”

“How about your mom and dad?”

“What about Dad’s business?”

“We could handle that for two weeks. You will eventually have to learn his business.”

“I’ll think about it.” I knew he would agree.

Now I had to think about Mom and Dad, Alex and Ann Marie, Eva and John, Randy and Aunt Clara.

Walking home from work, “Can you come up with a gift for Randy? I was thinking of giving Aunt Clara a shopping trip.”

“Maybe we can come up with some appliance she can use that would help her with the cooking? What are you going to give your mom and dad.”

“When I saw your dad’s layout for the condo in that old hotel, he had a one-bedroom condo on the first floor. I think Mom would like that.”

“And your dad?”

“If Mom likes it, so will he.”

“What about John and Eva?”

“We could give them a cruise if you would babysit Eva Marie.” The smile on his face said it all.

“That leaves Ann Marie and Alex.”

“Yes, I don’t know what to get them.”

“If you need help, you know where to get it.”

Two nights later, Donnie came into my dream. “Donnie, help me.”

“The Sisters of Mercy has your answer.”

In the morning,” What’s wrong?”

“Donnie came last night, and he said I can find the answer to my question of a gift for Ann Marie and Alex at the Sisters of Mercy. I don’t have any idea who they are or where they are.”

“Tonight after dinner, I can scan for them.”

That evening, Stephan did scan the internet for Sisters of Mercy. They were a branch of the catholic church that operated an orphanage. I wondered why Donnie said they were my answer for Alex and Ann Marie's Christmas gift.

“Stephen, I don’t understand why they are our answer for a Christmas gift for Alex and Ann Marie.”

“Maybe we should think of making a donation in Alex and Ann Marie’s name.” The more I thought about that; we could do that. If Donnie recommended it, I was sure there was a reason for it.

The week before Christmas, Aunt Clara was busy baking cookies. Stephan’s mother was busy making pies and cakes. We bought a live tree and were in the process of decorating it when Randy arrived. He took over, so I sat down and watched. I had two little, wide-eyed babies on my lap.

“Tim, what are we going to do for Christmas Dinner?”

“I’m having our favorite diner prepare dinner for Christmas Eve, and I have a roast ready for Christmas Day. Aunt Clara knows about it.”

When they finished the tree, we turned on the lights. I looked at our children, and their eyes were wide open. Stephen took Lizzie, and Randy took Donnie, so I was alone. I was anxious for Christmas morning, but I had almost a week to go.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 27
  • Love 19
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Oh hell NO, I bought one of those expensive ass blenders one time as a Christmas gift, thinking it would be really cool, and never heard the end of it. LOL!!! 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
15 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Usually Tim is so smart but he missed the point about Donnie saying the Sisters of Mercy when Stephen found out it was. a orphanage that should have told him Alex and AM will get a child there.Unless I'm wrong.

So John and Eva are getting cruise and Stephen will babysit Eva Marie .Who's really getting the gift here?

You know who is getting the gift.  I think Tim knew what would happen. He gave that the gift to the Sisters as if it came from Allex and AM. They willl get a thank you note

  • Like 5
Link to comment
14 hours ago, chris191070 said:

I think Alex and Ann Marie will get the best gift when they adopt from the orphanage. Ann Marie will have everything she needs, a loving husband and a child.

Yes, when she and Alex receive a thank you note from the orphanage they will get the hint

  • Like 5
Link to comment
14 hours ago, mikedup said:

Worrying about Christmas and gifts has it seems thrown Tim for a bit of a loop, I imagine that sisters of mercy will supply them with more than a few surprises, I suppose some changes before and after the holidays

This year Tim has so much to be thankful for he wants this first Christmas with the children to be special.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
14 hours ago, Christopher said:

Oh hell NO, I bought one of those expensive ass blenders one time as a Christmas gift, thinking it would be really cool, and never heard the end of it. LOL!!! 

I know exactly what you mean. I bought one of those air flyers for a friend who was a chef, a couple of months later I found it in a for sale column in our news paper.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

I love Christmas... I remember as a kid waking up, and even though I knew that the presents were all school orientated it was still fun opening them all... Then one year the pillowcase was moving and there was they tiny puppy... Six months later he was gone because they couldn't cope with a dog... Mum put here foot down though and for her birthday we ended up having this gorgeous little Jack... She was so small, she was with me for over seventeen years and it ripped me apart when she died.

I think because of that when our kids came along we always went over board. I remember this one year the tree was in the hallway and because we had everyone coming over you could hardly move because of the pile of presents under the tree. Happy times......... Tim is lucky, treasure the kids first Christmas, the wonder only lasts so long.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..