Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 741 Words
  • 1,702 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 43. Chapter 43

We arrived home about when we would have arrived if we had put in a full day at the plant. Walking into our house, Mom was waiting for us. Dad had called and told her everything, and I knew he would do that.

“Why didn’t you wait for us before heading home? Your dad called and told me you had the police there. I could have handled that situation better than the police.”

“No, you couldn’t. If Dad couldn’t handle it, you wouldn’t be able to handle it either. I didn’t want you there when she opened the letter from the court. You would be crying and couldn’t help. Mom, she is sick.”

“She isn’t sick.”

“Mom, she has a mental health condition. She is angry that she had to come home because she had no other place to go, Her friends didn’t want her around, or they would have offered her a place to stay. Her husband’s first marriage children didn’t want her, so she had to come home. The last place she wanted to be. When she was there, she ordered everyone to wait upon her. Has she ever helped you?”

“She was in mourning.”

“Mom, she was mourning the loss of unlimited income and not the loss of her husband. He has children from his first marriage who are close to retirement, and his daughter Ann Marie knew in College, is the youngest at 45.”

“She is my daughter, and I should have been there.”

“She is my sister and has hated me ever since I was born. She and Eva do not get along. She is selfish and is only concerned about herself. The only reason she is home is that it is the only place she has left. If it weren’t for you and dad, she’d be on the street.”

“You don’t understand her.”

“Mom, wake up. She uses you and Dad, and you need to face reality. If you don’t, she will use you until you become ill. The best place for her right now is where she is. If you want to go home, I’ll call Randy to come and get you. But you won’t be able to see her until I let her have visitors.”

Saying that I went to my room, I sent an email to Randy to come up on Friday night. Mom wants to go home.

Going back down to the kitchen. Stephen started to make coffee. I began to make dinner, and Aunt Clara told me she would prepare dinner. I didn’t see Mom.

“Where’s Mom?”

“She went to call your dad, and she wants him to come and get her. She’s angry for what you did.”

“What I did? I didn’t do anything but what was best for Ann Marie.”

I looked at Stephen, “Tim, while Aunt Clara makes dinner, let’s go to your study, and I’ll bring you up to date on the circuit board.”

I knew Stephen just wanted me to be alone with him so he could cool me down. Mom can’t accept that Ann Marie needs help.

‘Tim, I’m no psychiatrist. Do you think your mom is feeling a little guilty about the way Ann Marie is acting?”

“Why would she feel that way? Ann Marie was a spoiled brat. Wait, maybe that is it. Mom feels guilty because she feels she has contributed to Ann Marie’s attitude by the way she would give in to her whims. I don’t remember much when she was living at home. I do remember she would be mad when I was with Dad. One time when I was with Dad, he told me about a fishing trip we were planning on taking. He was going to show me how to fish. Ann Marie was listening. She asked Dad why he never took her fishing. Dad told her it was a man thing and she should be learning how to cook. Mom would teach her. Mom heard, she told Dad that he could have taken her fishing. Women like to fish also. Ann Marie looked at Dad, then looked at me. I remembered that look. It was the same look she gave me when I entered her room today,”

“Tim, don’t let her bother you once she sees that Ann Marie is settled. She’ll be okay.”

“I hope you are right. Let’s go and get a cup of coffee. We can help Aunt Clara with dinner.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Love 6
  • Wow 8
  • Sad 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

SAD, we have now seen a glimpse of why Ann Marie is the way she is. If someone was coddled all their life and never told the word no, of course they're going to be a spoiled brat ... as a kid AND as an adult. How on earth did Eva and Stephen turn out ok??? Still shaking my head at the frustration of this chapter. Great chapter, just frustrating! :) 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Well she has certainly got her mother around her little finger , mom doesn't see it ,dad does,  but mom has been manipulated by Ann her whole life and I hope she sees that really soon , and I hope that dad can make her see the truth about Ann ,I also think that mom needs counceling to help you see Ann true colours and how she has been manipulated by Ann, this is turning into one hell of a sh*t storm

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Ann Marie has some issues that need to be closely watched by medical professionals.   Tim sees that his sister is needing some professional help as well.   I thing Tim may be somewhat amazed at how long his sister has been like she is.  When people crash from having mental issues or even issues with family, it can be v ery demanding on the rest of the family as well.

Still Ann Marie is going to need Tim do some explaining to her,  Maybe she will see the light when she is in the lodge and has someone there to watch over her and to keep her on the road to getting a family back in her life.  It is still difficult to think of those that have problems dealing with family and life itself.  I still do not want her around my family, she still has a negative attitude towards Tim, that may never go away. 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Mums! Who'd have 'em? She needs to wake up Ann Marie is who she is, nothing mum does or has done would change that. Tim will never fit as he stole daddy from her.

I have two siblings , must admit they are both like Ann Marie... I qualified in a trade, my brother saw this and had to be better by going one stage further... oh how they all gloated.  Then I nearly got thrown out because dad found out I was gay, beat the hell out of me; next thing my other brother  comes out only to be accepted by dad who loved his partners. What could I do? I got the next coach out of Deadwood and never looked back. Tim, sometimes no matter what you do you will never be right. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
22 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Hopefully Mum will come to her senses and realise that Tim has done the best thing possible for Ann Marie.

If Mom realizes she a contributor to Ann Marie's problem she will need help.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
21 hours ago, mikedup said:

Well she has certainly got her mother around her little finger , mom doesn't see it ,dad does,  but mom has been manipulated by Ann her whole life and I hope she sees that really soon , and I hope that dad can make her see the truth about Ann ,I also think that mom needs counceling to help you see Ann true colours and how she has been manipulated by Ann, this is turning into one hell of a sh*t storm

I think Tim is beginning to understand Mom's role in this drama. Another headache for Tim to deal with. Best he leaves Dad to feel with Mom.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
16 hours ago, weinerdog said:

“She went to call your dad, and she wants him to come and get her. She’s angry for what you did.”

She angry for what TIM did?? Never visiting after she left home and not even a Christmas Card for 10 years that's something to be angry at not Tim. Mom has to realize left to her own devices AM would be penniless again if Tim didn't intercede it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that

I'm not a psychiatrist, but Mom needs one.  Could Mom be afraid with Ann Marie in the hospital they might discover the root of her problem was Mom.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
12 hours ago, bottomguy said:

Ann Marie has some issues that need to be closely watched by medical professionals.   Tim sees that his sister is needing some professional help as well.   I thing Tim may be somewhat amazed at how long his sister has been like she is.  When people crash from having mental issues or even issues with family, it can be v ery demanding on the rest of the family as well.

Still Ann Marie is going to need Tim do some explaining to her,  Maybe she will see the light when she is in the lodge and has someone there to watch over her and to keep her on the road to getting a family back in her life.  It is still difficult to think of those that have problems dealing with family and life itself.  I still do not want her around my family, she still has a negative attitude towards Tim, that may never go away. 

 

Her relationship with Tim will be arms length. I think Dad will be the one to tell her what Tim is doing. Mom would be disaster.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Kev said:

Mums! Who'd have 'em? She needs to wake up Ann Marie is who she is, nothing mum does or has done would change that. Tim will never fit as he stole daddy from her.

I have two siblings , must admit they are both like Ann Marie... I qualified in a trade, my brother saw this and had to be better by going one stage further... oh how they all gloated.  Then I nearly got thrown out because dad found out I was gay, beat the hell out of me; next thing my other brother  comes out only to be accepted by dad who loved his partners. What could I do? I got the next coach out of Deadwood and never looked back. Tim, sometimes no matter what you do you will never be right. 

You are right. No matter what Tim does, she will never accept he is doing  it for her best interest. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..