Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 631 Words
  • 6,454 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 88. Chapter 88

In the morning, I wasn’t hitting it on all of my cylinders. What Donnie told me was still bothering me. Mom told us that when Dad comes up on Friday, she will be leaving with him. Eva and John said they had another week before going back to work. I didn’t mind them staying, and I know Stephen would probably like them to stay much longer.

It was on Thursday that I called Rich, “Rich, anything new on the DA’s leak?”

“I have narrowed it down to three people. Two are investigators, and one is the DA’s secretary. The two investigators were hired six years ago, but the secretary is a sister of one of Bruce’s high school buddies. “

“Does the DA know this?”

“I have an appointment with him on Friday, and I’ll let you know the outcome.”

On the way home, I told Stephen what Rich said. “I wonder what the DA will do when he finds out who is leaking information to Bruce,”

“He should fire her. She could put any investigation in jeopardy.”

“I’ll let Rich handle that. He doesn’t know anything about Bruce. When you get a chance, can you scan the Canadian papers and see what you can find.”

“I’m not sure I can do that, but I’ll try. I’ll need the name of the newspapers sold in Canada,”

“If you can’t find any. I’ll ask Donnie.”

That evening, Donnie came and said to try the Globe and Mail and the National Post. I told Stephen that in the morning.

Dad arrived at his usual time for having dinner with Ann Marie. He handed me the papers, and he had the entire week’s paper. I wanted to read them, but I’ll wait until this evening.

Walking to work, “I’ve programmed my computer to scan those two Canadian newspapers using Bruce’s name. We should have the results when we get home.”

Dinner was with the family at the cafe where we had become regular customers on Fridays. I watched Ann Marie and Alex. There wasn’t any doubt in my mind, they were in love. I was happy for Ann Marie, and deep down, I knew she would be okay.

When dinner was open, Alex asked that I call him when I had an opportunity. He no sooner left me when Ann Marie asked if she could stay the weekend with us. “Ann Marie, if it is alright with Alex.” I thought she meant next week, I was wrong. She came home with us. Alex arrived at 8 with her suitcase.

Saturday and Sunday. Alex came for lunch and stayed for dinner. Monday morning, Mom and Dad left early. With Ann Marie with us, there was no need for our regular Monday visit. Stephen, Alex, Ann Marie, and I walked to their car at the company’s parking lot. They left, and Stephen and I went to work.

 

When we arrived home, John said they would be leaving in the morning. His vacation was over, and he had to report to the hospital tomorrow evening. “You are going to leave Eva Marie here, right?”

We started to laugh. I knew Stephen said that in jest. At least, I believe he said that in jest.

We said goodbye to John, Eva, and Eva Marie in the morning. I needed something to take Stephen’s mind away from them leaving.

“Stephen, anything from your scans?” I started to laugh, as he had forgotten about them.

He went and took the sheets of paper from the printer. “I’ll look these over at work.”

Arriving at work. I called Rich. I wanted an update from his perspective.

“Rich, what’s the latest on the DA?”

“Have you read the papers?”

“Not yet. Why?”

“Read them, and then we will talk.”

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 36
  • Love 16
  • Wow 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Newspapers??? Who got time for all that?!?!?! Secretary guilty, Stephen wants a baby, brucee is about to get kabobbed, and all will live happily after! LOL!!! LOL!!! 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

Well lots of information, a bit of everything, everyone going back to their homes it may be too soon but life has to go on , 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

What is with not reading the papers?  I want to know what was said in them as all reading this wonderful story do.  Oh well.  That's why it is called a story. 

Now that family is getting together once again,  after such a long road to recovery as well.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
20 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Ann Marie seems back to normal.

Can't wait to see what the papers say.

AM has made progress and I think she has. an improved attitude. Wedding bells in the future? Maybe

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
19 hours ago, Kev said:

Cliff hangers, and I hate reading newspapers! Send them over, I'll have a go. 

Good that AM and Alex are ?????? Not sure what to think at the moment but looking forward to the next instalment. 

Donnie said there will be a reason for a grand celebration.. Not sure what he had in mind.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
19 hours ago, dutch woman said:

The story became a detective and I like detectives. A detective with help from a spirit

Thanks, I didn't realize that but thinking along those line I can see what you mean..

  • Like 3
Link to comment
18 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Glad to see Ann Marie is well on the road to recovery, the DA has some work to do to clean up his office. Mom is still a puzzle, hope Dad is holding out, Stephen must be suffering from baby withdrawal.

Let's hope that Bruce will soon be a fading memory!!

It's amazing how one person and one act can have such an impact on so many lives. There is a theory that all mankind have a common thread, at least in this account of one man, the theory holds

  • Like 4
Link to comment
18 hours ago, Christopher said:

Newspapers??? Who got time for all that?!?!?! Secretary guilty, Stephen wants a baby, brucee is about to get kabobbed, and all will live happily after! LOL!!! LOL!!! 

Are you the type of guy who prefers to fly versus a road trip. Getting from point A to point B is part of the fun of a trip.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
14 hours ago, mikedup said:

Well lots of information, a bit of everything, everyone going back to their homes it may be too soon but life has to go on , 

Yes, Tim and Stephen need to get their lives back on track.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, bottomguy said:

What is with not reading the papers?  I want to know what was said in them as all reading this wonderful story do.  Oh well.  That's why it is called a story. 

Now that family is getting together once again,  after such a long road to recovery as well.

 

Still a way to go before normality for Tim and Stephen. Bruce is still running around

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..