Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 980 Words
  • 1,823 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 25. Chapter 25

I enjoyed spending the day with my family. Dad told stories about me and then compared them with Randy. I could see the bond between Dad and Randy develop. I was glad for Randy. Dad will guide him as he did me.

“Randy seems to be doing well.”

“Yes, he has changed from the first time I saw him on the streets begging. I think Dad has a devotee.”

“I know he has, and I think the admiration is a two-way street. I’m glad that Randy has someone to help him in the manly arts.”

‘If your dad treats him as he treated you, then I’m confident Randy will turn out to be a great young man.”

“Okay, you are overdoing it. I’ll sleep with you tonight.”

We laughed, and I hope we will laugh a lot in our lives.

 

Sunday morning, I didn’t want to get up. I was comfortably nestled in Stephan’s arms. I could spend eternity like this, but there is always something to disturb this mood as usual. Nature called, and I had to use the bathroom.

I satisfied nature’s request and decided to take a shower. I think Stephen has the shower wired. As soon as I turned on the water, someone was behind me. Most people have a special place to show their love for each other. We have the usual and the unusual.

I’m kind of sneaky, we hadn’t our morning run, and we usually don’t shower until after our run. This morning I wanted some additional attention, and the shower rue worked.

We made our run to the high school and back. This has become a part of our day. And, being sweaty, we had to take another shower.

Sitting at the kitchen table, eating our breakfast, “Stephen, should we take a bouquet of flowers with us?”

“Are you trying to get my mother to like you.?”

“It would be nice, but I’ll settle for the fact that she has accepted me.”

We stopped at a flower shop, and I told Stephen to pick out a bouquet. I figured he would know which kind she liked.

We arrived a little before noon. Stephen’s home wasn’t that far away. We probably could have run there.

Walking in the back door, I could smell something roasting in the oven. Stephen went and brought us a cup of coffee. I followed Stephen into the living room, and sitting there drinking coffee was Gramps and Dad.

“Tim, I know today is Sunday, but I brought a few contracts over, and I wonder if you would review them?”

“What sort of contracts are they.?

“Some are standard rental contracts that I paid a lawyer to write. But I need someone to review them. I found a clause that would let a smart tenet cancel the contract. I’m also installing electrical backup systems in several business rentals. I want to be sure those contracts will allow me a fair return on any electricity I’ll be able to sell back to the electric grid.”

“Dad, do you mind if I take these home and review them. I have a new system that will allow me to review these very quickly.” I was a little upset about this. It seemed like a trap, invitation to dinner and then doing favors that would cost him a few hundred dollars if he used an outside firm. Then I looked at Stephen, and he had a big smile on his face. I shouldn’t complain. I knew he was proud of me, thinking his father had a lot of trust in me. I’d do it and anything else he would ask for me to review or write a contract to cover.

Dinner was roast beef with various roasted vegetables (those I really enjoyed). A fresh lettuce salad was served before the dessert of apple pie. Mom and Dad had a glass of red wine, Stephen and I had water. After dinner, we had a coffee.

The dinner was standard for Stephen but not for me. My plate was prepared and placed before me. If I wanted seconds, I’d probably have to go to the kitchen.

The home meals I was use to involved putting a plate with cut meat, a bowl of vegetables, and a salad bowl on the table. It was a help yourself deal as the bowl and dishes were circulated. That was the way we ate lunch on Saturday.

We eat something like that at dinner. Only the food never makes it to the table. We take our plates to the stove, loading directly from the pans. Since it is only us, I told Stephen we would have fewer dishes to wash. In reality, it was easier.

Our after-dinner coffee was served in the conservatory.

Going home, I chuckled, “What?”

“Our dinner was very formal for a family dinner.”

“I think Mom was trying to empress you.”

“She reminded me of high society in those old English movies where the butler serves you at the table. Then the gentlemen withdraw to a smoking room for cigars and the ladies to a room for tea.”

We laughed, “Mom cooks, she said it is easier to serve our food that way than pass around serving plates and bowls.”

“What if you want seconds?”

“Why would you want seconds? There was enough food on the plate you were served.”

“Yes, but maybe I would want more of those roasted vegetables. I really liked them.”

“Be sure you tell Mom that. If you are still hungry, you can have a snack at home.”

“The snack I will have at home will be served in bed in a very unique container.”

That got me a kiss, “Stephen, not while I’m driving.” We laughed. We were sitting in Gramps parking lot.

We jogged home to offset the calories in our dessert, so we said.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 27
  • Love 14
  • Haha 4
  • Wow 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great use of the shower, his dad maybe sly ,but then no-one else will know that the contracts have been checked, I suspect that the lawyer they used is a bit of a underhand deal I think, and a different way to have a meal

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Dad's a wee bit sly there... you can have your dinner, but while it cooks earn your bread and butter! Loving the guys so far...🤗

Hey I  need a shower, anyone want to join me?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment

Will we see the aforementioned sister? If we do it's hard not to see some inappropriate incident happening.

Just like you get a second opinion from a doctor that is what Stephen Dad did with Tim.If his lawyer has a hidden motivation Tim would find it.

 

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 11/19/2021 at 5:36 AM, Chris L said:

Horny little buggers they are this morning! Good healthy boys! 😂

Yes, but then I think we all were a little Horny when we were young. Ahhh the memories

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
23 hours ago, chris191070 said:

So Tim has been accepted by Stephen's Mum. Sneaky inviting him around and then asking him to review contracts.

A little but on the other hand, Stephen's dad has expressed confidence in Tim's ability

  • Like 4
Link to comment
23 hours ago, bottomguy said:

So, Tim and Stephen have said a few times that showering together saves the water, Hummmm.  But when you shower as often as Tim and Stephen seem to be lately, I do not think that saving any water is on the mind of either of those two rabbits ,  err young men!!  Just a little thought there.

If I do recall correctly there is still a sister who has not shown up yet to put her mark on our happy couple?  Would she suddenly appear and become a thorn in the lives of Tim and Stephen?  I do hope not, but she is lurking out there somewhere I am sure. 

I love this story.  Love, happiness, making love, running and working.  What more could anyone want??

 

Tim and Stephen would use any excuse to shower together. Love makes us say foolish things.

Yes there is an older sister, I wonder where she is.

I'm glad you are enjoying my story.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
22 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Ah yes, the missing sister. Sometimes siblings can be the rose, the thorns or the fertilizer. As my Brit cousins would say, "She's a bloomin _______". 

"Tune in tomorrow, same time, same channel" 😉

 

Yes, the sister, the older sister. I wonder when and how she will show up, hmmmmm

  • Like 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
17 hours ago, mikedup said:

Great use of the shower, his dad maybe sly ,but then no-one else will know that the contracts have been checked, I suspect that the lawyer they used is a bit of a underhand deal I think, and a different way to have a meal

Stephen's dad has taken advantage of Tim but in a way has patted him on the back.

Tim will get use to a more formal dinner

  • Like 4
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Kev said:

Dad's a wee bit sly there... you can have your dinner, but while it cooks earn your bread and butter! Loving the guys so far...🤗

Hey I  need a shower, anyone want to join me?

Dad indirectly has paid Tim a complement. As for the shower, I'll post it and see if you can get a group to respond. I hope you have a big shower stall.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
13 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Will we see the aforementioned sister? If we do it's hard not to see some inappropriate incident happening.

Just like you get a second opinion from a doctor that is what Stephen Dad did with Tim.If his lawyer has a hidden motivation Tim would find it.

 

 

 

I'm beginning to think some of my readers are looking into my head. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment

Not only is the little sister not been heard from, what about the snobby older sister?

Love this chapter, what time is dinner on Sunday?? I can wash dishes!!

Edited by drsawzall
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/20/2021 at 6:25 PM, drsawzall said:

Not only is the little sister not been heard from, what about the snobby older sister?

Love this chapter, what time is dinner on Sunday?? I can wash dishes!!

The little sister has been mentioned a lot. But just didn't see here on this trip.

 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..