Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,065 Words
  • 2,008 Views
  • 23 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 40. Chapter 40

I spent the evening reviewing my presentation. I had a copy for the judge and an extra copy in case it would be needed. My stomach was a little upset as I thought about what I was going to do. No one should have to do this to a family member. As these thoughts ran through my head, I was looking at a 625 dollar credit card charge for a luncheon on the day of Mr. Struthers’s funeral. I had a credit card charge for a woman’s suit for 900 dollars and a mourning outfit design by one of the top fashion houses for 3200 dollars. Several credit card charges for lunches and dinners amounted to 5100 dollars. These charges were from the most expensive restaurants in the city where she lived. I’m sure she didn’t eat alone. I wonder what the housekeeper and butler did during this time. She can’t have much money left after paying her fare to fly here and taking a cab from the airport. I had checked her bank account when I was checking the accounts before coming here. There were less than 100 dollars in her account.

As I was thinking about how much money she spent. The phone rang. It was Stephen, and they had just arrived home. He wished me luck and blew me a kiss over the phone.

I didn’t sleep well that night. Randy wanted to know if I wanted him to sleep with me since I hadn’t slept alone for several years. We laughed as I threw a pillow at him. That helped to release some of my tension. I fell asleep, but I wasn’t alone. Stephen was in my dreams, along with Donnie.

 

I woke at 7, my appointment with Judge Howard was at 9. I had plenty of time. I took a shower, and I missed Stephen. I was sure our resident joker would comment about me showering alone, but he didn’t. I dressed in my business suit and went to the kitchen for a cup of coffee. Dad was there, and he hadn’t left for work.

“Dad, I thought you would be gone to work by now?”

“I wanted to talk to you before you left. Here have a cup of coffee, and there is some French toast that your mom made and froze. I have defrosted and heated some for us.”

“Dad, are you worried about something?”

“Yes, I’m worried about Ann Marie.”

“Why? If I get fiscal responsibility for her inheritance, I’m not going to put her out on the street. I intend to ensure she has sufficient security to last her a lifetime. Here is how she spent the 10,000 that she received. Could you see her with a 100,000? It would be gone in a year, and she would be here forever.”

“I knew she was given some money, but I didn’t know how much. She never mentioned how much she had.”

“Dad, I don’t want her to live here. She has been here for several weeks, and you know how she has behaved. She moved into my room and didn’t care where Randy would sleep. She ordered him about until I put a stop to that. Look at Mom. She hardly smiles anymore. I’ll bet she blames herself for the way Ann Marie acts. If she could have gone to any other place, I would bet any money she wouldn’t come home. This was the last place she wanted to come, but she had no choice. It was here or the street. I’m going to make sure she won’t be on the street and won’t be here unless it is to visit, which I think will never happen.”

I could see the tears in Dad’s eyes. I don’t know how it would feel to have a child that used your love only when there was no other choice. It wasn’t that I didn’t want Ann Marie to come home, but not because there was no other option. It should be a child’s wish to see their parents out of a desire of love and concern for their parents, and it shouldn’t be the way Ann Marie came home. A child should want to see their parents and not take advantage of them.

“Dad, let’s meet for lunch at the hotel on Main Street. I’ll share with you what happened in the meeting with Judge Howard and what I’m going to do.”

Dad nodded and hugged me.

 

Leaving, I walked to the courthouse. I needed to clear my head. I knew that Ann Marie had my parents worried, and I guess that is natural for a parent to worry about their children. I hope they don’t blame themselves for the way she acts.

I arrived 15 minutes early. I told the court clerk I had an appointment with Judge Howard at 9. He left and returned, “Judge Howard will see you now.”

I spent the next 2 hours explaining what I wanted and reviewing the information I brought with me. I told him how my parents were concerned and Ann Marie’s inability to be fiscally responsible. The bottom line, I received a judgment that essentially made Ann Marie a ward of the court under my supervision. I would be required to submit a report every six months to the court. I had the court’s authority to manage her finances. Judge Howard would send a court decree to Ann Marie with a copy to me.

 

I met Dad for lunch and told him what had happened. “Dad, a part of Mr. Struthers legacy was a lodge located on a lake in the northern part of our state. I’m going to have Ann Marie live there. Mr. Struthers has a housekeeper and gardener that live there now. They will take care of the lodge and Ann Marie. I’ll give her a pre-paid credit card, and I’ll add funds to it monthly. She may not like it, but that is how it will be. She has no one to blame but herself.”

“You know she won’t accept that.”

“She has no choice, and it is either that or the court will have her committed to a home for vagrant women.”

“Are you going to tell her?”

“She will get a letter from the court. I’ll be back this coming Friday. I’ll talk to her.”

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 27
  • Love 18
  • Wow 5
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

The kind of set up Tim is doing for AM is what her husband would have done since he had to know her crazy spending.What was that marriage about?I don't think he loved her.

I bet AM in high school was one of those girls who were part of the "popular crowd" but in reality was a spoiled b---h

  • Haha 4
Link to comment

Well regardless how mad Ann Marie may be, at least Timothy can enjoy the fact…that she doesn’t talk to him! Hahahaha 😆 

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
21 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Ann Marie is gonna go ballistic when she finds out what Tim has done. After the way she spent a small amount of money, I think this is the best thing to happen to her, at least she has a home and a monthly allowance. Tim won't leave her destitute, he'll make sure she can live comfortably and within her means.

There won't be any expensive luncheons or expensive clothes. Wait until she tries to pull one of her extravagant shopping trips and her credit card is denied. The scream heard around the world.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
19 hours ago, bottomguy said:

Ann Marie is not going to be happy that her "little brother" wil be managing her funds and telling her how much she will be able to spend.  Not going to be a good day for several individuals.

Give Timothy credit of doing this for his sister.  The  same sister that has shunned the family and Timothy nearly TIm's entire life.  He has stepped up when most would have just forgotten about her. 

Timothy I do think is trying to keep the family on an even keel for the sake of everyone. 

It is going to be interesting in what Donnie has been telling Timothy or what he will be telling Timothy. 

 

This will be a soap opera. I wonder, cleaned up a little, if I could sell it to tv station. 😃

Tim is to be given credit for stepping up. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
19 hours ago, Christopher said:

I hate to say it, but Timothy is more the parent than the parents are. Sometimes, tough love has to be shown to a child, as hard as it may be, in order to stop enabling the behavior. I'm guessing, being the first child, Ann Marie was dotted on and given everything - expecting that as an adult, she found someone much older and richer to continue to enable that expectation / behavior. When the well dried up, where was she to go except back home where her parents mostly continued the process by not telling her no when acting inappropriately - such as moving into Timothy's old room and kicking Randy out. Should've never happened. Tough love ... Timothy is going to be a great parent when their new son Donald arrives. 

You are right. Parental guilt is what is allowing her to behave the way she does. I'm sure she was catered to until Eva was burned  then two years later along comes Tim. Both children displaced the attention she had .

  • Like 5
Link to comment
17 hours ago, mikedup said:

Well the judge certainly concurred with Stephen, and now we wait for the court order to be served on her , she is no doubt going to ballistic, but I hope that she she's that she has put herself between a rock and a very hard place, easy life or a virtual homeless apartment, I cannot wait for response

Yes there is no doubt she will hit the roof. Then when she tries to get Mr.. James for help and he tells her no, another storm. The tears will flow.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
14 hours ago, weinerdog said:

The kind of set up Tim is doing for AM is what her husband would have done since he had to know her crazy spending.What was that marriage about?I don't think he loved her.

I bet AM in high school was one of those girls who were part of the "popular crowd" but in reality was a spoiled b---h

Her marriage was a farce, she wanted a rich older man and he wanted a trophy wife. There wasn't any love. In that marriage she was equivalent to a hooker and he played the role of a 'John' only he was the one that benefited and she tolerated him. Look what she did when he died, the way she spent money. All show

You are right about her high school  performance. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
14 hours ago, Philippe said:

Well regardless how mad Ann Marie may be, at least Timothy can enjoy the fact…that she doesn’t talk to him! Hahahaha 😆 

Yes, Tim isn't doing this for her, he's doing it for his parents.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
12 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Angry at the way AM abused her relationship with her parents. The amount of stress she's subjected them to OS not only emotionally hard but can be physically detrimental. Not all parents can handle or accept their children's bad behaviour, but I'm not so quick to judge them.

She can choose to accept the court's decision (unlikely) while hating Timothy, or go hat in hand to a shelter. 

 

There is no doubt she will hate Tim. I'lll bet once she is told what Tim is doing is legal and cannot get a lawyer to fight him, she will try and use her parents to plea her case to Tim. That will be the test, will her parents step up to the plate and support Tim or go to Tim in support of her demands.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
10 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Oh I'll bet you she'll talk to him after she finds out

More like scream at him, YOU CAN'T DO THAT, with a few expletives 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Philippe said:

Hmmm 🤔 talk? In coherent english?? I’m doubting it….now full out BANSHEE, …with reverberations achieving near that of a CHOIR of BANSHEES….YES!!! 😈 

Mom! Put away the crystal and any glassware, tape the mirrors and windows; a sonic storm is coming!!

Yes, the shingles on the roof will shake. A storm is brewing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
15 hours ago, CLJobe said:

I bet, you Englishmen are always up for excitement. Could your heart handle it? Mine couldn't, but what a way to go. 😀

Sounds like what Ann Marie told the cops and coroner when they showed up: "At least George died with a smile on his face". (Or was it a grimace from being 'rode hard and put away dead'?) Geez, did I just write that, or was it the ghost 👻 writer?

Bad... 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..