Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 667 Words
  • 1,650 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 104. Chapter 104

I sent a letter to Charles Struthers concerning the sale of the lodge. I told him that I had received several offers to buy the lodge, but I thought he might want to keep it in the family. I asked him to contact me as soon as possible as my buyers are anxious to obtain the property.

“Tim, what do you think he’s going to do?”

“I think he will want to buy it. If we lived closer and were into hunting and fishing, I would want to keep it. I think I’ll get a letter with an offer.”

Two weeks later, I received a letter from Charles Struthers stating that he had discussed the lodge with the family and would like to keep it in the family. They will match any offer that I have. I phoned him, and I agreed to meet him at the lodge.

I told Alex and Ann Marie, and they decided to go with Stephen and me when we met Charles Struthers at the lodge. We arrived one day before the Struthers arrived, and I gave Alex the grand tour, and he was impressed.

The Struthers children arrived in the morning, and Ann Marie met with her college friend. Charles, the oldest, introduced his brothers and sister, and I introduced Stephen and Alex. Then we got down to business, sitting around the dining room table, and I showed Charles the offerings from two hotel chains.

“Mr. Walkins, we can’t compete with these offers unless you allow us to make payments. We can make a substantial down payment, and the remaining money we can pay monthly, or I’ll need some time to arrange a loan from the bank.”

I thought about that proposal. A substantial payment I could put into an interest-bearing account, and that account would be restricted to Ann Marie by requiring my signature and hers for any withdrawal. Future payments would be Alex and Ann Marie’s.

I agreed to Charles’s proposal after talking it over with Alex, Ann Marie, and Stephen. I told Charles I’d draw up the papers, and the down payment would be required at the signing. Charles asked when the documents would be ready, and I told him by the end of the week. I had a draft with me, and now I can complete the agreement.

Arriving home, we had dinner at our favorite diner.

That night in bed, “You have finished all of your projects.”

“Well, not all. We need to think about our future.”

“Is Donnie going to help us?”

“I don’t know. He hasn’t said anything, but when he visits, he just smiles.”

I sent the papers to Charles via special delivery. The following Monday, I received the signed documents and a check for the down payment. I called Alex to have him and Ann Marie meet me at the National Bank which was close to the hospital.

We met with the branch manager, and I told him how I wanted the investment account set up. I gave him Charles Struthers’s check for deposit. Withdrawals will require Ann Marie’s and my signature. I then asked the manager to set up an account for Alex and Ann Marie. I explained to Ann Marie that future payments by Charles would be deposited into this account. I explained to Alex that the account requiring my signature and Ann Marie’s was for future emergencies. Alex knew about Ann Marie’s initial extravaganza with the 10,000 dollars.

This concluded my responsibility for Ann Marie. Now we had their wedding to occupy our time. Stephen and I decided to give them a cruise on the Danube River as a wedding gift.

 

Laying in bed next to Stephen, “Tim, is there anything else that is going to occupy your time? Tom is doing fine, and Ann Marie is doing fine. We need to think about our future.”

I knew what he meant. It was time to think about adopting children, and I will let Donnie handle that.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 24
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I was worried that there would be some kind of confrontation with the Struthers and AM but that went well.

So now it's time  for another Donnie visit and I'll bet he knows just where  to tell Tim to go to find Little Donnie

  • Like 5
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

I was worried that there would be some kind of confrontation with the Struthers and AM but that went well.

So now it's time  for another Donnie visit and I'll bet he knows just where  to tell Tim to go to find Little Donnie

Yes, Tim and Stephen need to re=establish their routine without interruptions. Tim has to begin to devote his time to Stephen. Donnie's smile has something to do with Tim and Stephen's future

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Tim has such a level head and careful approach. He will be a great father. I hope he and Stephen will be very happy and good parents.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Great chapter, so a few loose ends are getting tied off , so a few moments to relax and enjoy each other , no doubt before Donnie surprises them 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

More lose ends resolved. Time for Tim and Stephen to have children 

Edited by chris191070
  • Like 3
Link to comment

Investment security and monthly income. A nice combination as long as they don’t default. I’m sure there was a clause in the contract regarding default and lien holding. I’m ready to start the family!! 🥳

  • Like 3
Link to comment
4 hours ago, scrubber6620 said:

Tim has such a level head and careful approach. He will be a great father. I hope he and Stephen will be very happy and good parents.

They are both level headed, from their treatment of Randy, I believe they will be loving parents

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, mikedup said:

Great chapter, so a few loose ends are getting tied off , so a few moments to relax and enjoy each other , no doubt before Donnie surprises them 

We cannot forget Donnie's smile. He has something planned for Tim and Stephen

  • Like 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, chris191070 said:

More lose ends resolved. Time for Tim and Stephen to have children 

They are ready and I think a little anxious

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Christopher said:

Investment security and monthly income. A nice combination as long as they don’t default. I’m sure there was a clause in the contract regarding default and lien holding. I’m ready to start the family!! 🥳

I think they are also

  • Like 4
Link to comment
15 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Donnie has plans that just may involve holding a 

Baby Nbc GIF by This Is Us

Yes, he does. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Catching up here and start another shift in a few hours... when will they take on the staff to allow me to enjoy my personal time without worrying what next.... 

Still loving Tim...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 2/17/2022 at 6:05 PM, Christopher said:

Investment security and monthly income. A nice combination as long as they don’t default. I’m sure there was a clause in the contract regarding default and lien holding. I’m ready to start the family!! 🥳

Are you going to be a Guncle? 😂🌈

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..