Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 851 Words
  • 2,052 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 20. Chapter 20

The drive to Stephen’s father’s office was quick, 10 minutes at the most. Stephen’s dad was in real estate. Beside buying and selling real estate he owned several apartment buildings.

Walking into his office’s reception area, the woman behind the desk quickly grabbed Stephen in a hug. “Stephen, It’s good to see you. Your father said you got married.” She said that looking around as expecting to see a woman.

“Hello Clair, it’s good to see you. I would like to introduce you my husband.” The look on Clair’s face told it all. She was not a happy person.

“Stephen, it is a sin to marry a man. You should have married a woman.”

“I’m sorry you don’t approve Clair. But I love Tim and we are married.”

“Does your father know?”

“Know what?”

“That Stephen has married this man?”

“Yes, Clair I do and approve of this marriage. If it bothers you, you can resign and I’ll pay you through the month. Are you guys hungry? I had planned on meeting your mom at the restaurant, Stephen.”

We didn’t answer, Stephen’s dad put his arm around my shoulder and led me out of his office. If there was any doubt that he approved of me as his son-in-law, that was dispelled with that hug and arm around my shoulder.

We walked to the restaurant and we must have looked strange. Stephen’s dad had his arm around me shoulder and Gramps had his arm around Stephen. Walking past a store window we could see ourselves. I started to laughing and soon I heard laughter behind me.

That was the way we arrived at the restaurant. Stephen’s mother was sitting at a table with two other women. We approached them, Stephen’s dad still had his arm around my shoulder. I noticed the ladies, sitting with Stephen’s mother, eyes as we approached. I thought another Clair.

Stephen’s mother surprised me. She rose from the table, came and gave Stephen a kiss on the cheek then came over to welcome me. I got a hug and a kiss on my cheek. If you thought I was surprised, Stephen was even more surprised. I guess the surprised shown on my face.

“You are not who I would have selected to be my son’s partner. I have had a long talk with your father Stephen and decided I had two choices. Either I accept your choice of a partner or I lose you. To be frank, I do not understand how two men could love each other as a man and woman can. But your father has spent time educating me and upon reflecting, I can now see many times when it was obvious you were not into girls. I couldn’t understand why you dated different girls and I couldn’t recall anytime when you dated a girl more than once. Timothy, you are and will always be well welcomed in my home.”

We walked to the table, but before we sat down, Stephen’s mother introduced me to her friends. I noted the smiles as they stood and shook my hand. Evidently, Stephen knew these women and I was sure I would get a catch up from him later tonight.

Lunch turnout to be an enjoyable afternoon. Before we left, I did thank Stephen’s mom for decorating the house. Stephen said I was a little ‘over board’ on my thanks. He said a simple thanks would have been enough. I just chuckled.

Stephen’s dad asked me if with my law degree and passing the bar would I be able to exercise my law degree as an independent lawyer. When I passed the Board, through reciprocity, I am able to act as an attorney, “Why do you ask? You know I’ll be working for Gramps.”

“I was thinking it would be nice to have a lawyer on my staff.”

“I have committed to Gramps, but anytime you need legal advice I’ll be happy to meet with you.”

“Tim, you shouldn’t have said that. Now between Gramps and Dad I’ll never see you.”

He was laughing when he said that. I think he was teasing Gramps and Dad. With my acceptance by Stephen’s mother I started to call them Mom and Dad.

Gramps went home with Dad, Mom went with her friends. That left Stephen and I alone for the rest of the day.

Arriving at our home, “Stephen, is it safe to park the car on the road?”

“I don’t know but we can park it in Gramp’s parking lot. I’ll bet he has a parking space close to his with our name on it.”

I let Stephen drive the car over, it was only a couple of blocks. “Tomorrow when we come over I’ll show you the security system. No one can get on this parking lot without alarming the security center. Wave, they are watching us.”

I looked for the cameras and couldn’t see any. If Stephen said they could see us I believed him,

I waved and Stephen’s phone rang. Laughing, “It’s okay Jess. I wanted to show Tim the security system.”

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 26
  • Love 20
  • Wow 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

4 hours ago, weinerdog said:

I gotta say Clair isn't very bright when your Bosses son comes into the office and introduces his husband to her well duh his Father knows about it and that comment about it being a sin ...not a smart move

People with those positions generally, in my opinion. aren't very smart. She obviously knows Stephen, probably met him when he was in his dad's office numerous times. Some people take advantage of knowing, in this case working, a long time for an individual and feel that they can make comments to somene younger than them.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Wave, you're on candid camera!! Love it ... As for Clair she can stick her head up her arse and collect her final  paycheck on the way!! Totally in love with dad and Gramps.😜Since they are throwing jobs about, do they have any spare?🤗

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Both Stephen Sr and Cramps are old enough to tell Claire "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out". Of course they probably wouldn't to avoid a harassment suit. My grandpa used to say the middle of that word oftimes describes the person filing the suit. 😆 

Another good chapter Cal. Keep them coming.

:thankyou: and Stay Well.

 

Edited by Anton_Cloche
  • Like 4
Link to comment
14 hours ago, Kev said:

Wave, you're on candid camera!! Love it ... As for Clair she can stick her head up her arse and collect her final  paycheck on the way!! Totally in love with dad and Gramps.😜Since they are throwing jobs about, do they have any spare?🤗

I thought you liked your job?  You are being kind to Clair 😆

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Both Stephen Sr and Cramps are old enough to tell Claire "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out". Of course they probably wouldn't to avoid a harassment suit. My grandpa used to say the middle of that word oftimes describes the person filing the suit. 😆 

Another good chapter Cal. Keep them coming.

:thankyou: and Stay Well.

 

Thanks Tony. Amazing I have used that expression many times and have been the recipient of it as well

Hope all is well north of the border

  • Like 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..