Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,024 Words
  • 2,037 Views
  • 22 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 58. Chapter 58

Dad met us as we drove into the driveway, “Your Mom’s asleep.”

“Maybe that’s good. I have some documents to show you that I think will help you to convince Mom to get help at Ann Marie’s hospital.”

“Tim, your mother isn’t asleep. Casually look up at the bedroom window that has a light on.”

“Dad, if Mom isn’t asleep, we need to show her these printouts. I think her good doctor was one of the guys who raped Ann Marie. If he finds out that Mom knows, then Mom is in danger. She needs to come up north.”

“How do you know it was him? I don’t think Ann Marie identified any of them.”

“That’s because Mom wouldn’t let her. Now with Ann Marie getting help, it will only be a matter of time.”

While Tim and Dad were talking, Bruce Stevens was on the phone. “Benny, you’re overreacting.”

“I’m telling you, Bruce, someone is digging in our past. I’m afraid they will find out it was you, Tommy, and I who raped that girl.”

“Benny, you are overreacting. Her mother is a patient of mine.”

“Angie told me that two guys were going through the files and one of them had the last name of Walkins. She said they were looking for newspapers from our high school days. I didn’t think anything of it until she said someone remotely was printing off copies of the sports pages from the library files.”

“That doesn’t mean anything.”

“Bruce, the copy they took the first time was the article about the rape, and now they are looking at the sports page. She must have told them, and now they are building a case. If it even doesn’t get to court, we will lose everything.”

“Isn’t she in the hospital? Her mother said her daughter was in a hospital, and they won’t let her see the daughter.”

“If she tells, we will lose everything.”

“Don’t worry, and I’ll handle it.” Bruce called the local hospital, “Hello, this is Doctor Stevens. I am checking on a patient, Ann Marie Walkins.”

“I’m sorry, Dr. Stevens, we don’t have a patient with the name of Ann Marie Walkins.”

“Can you check for any patient with the first name Ann Marie?”

After waiting approximately 15 minutes, “Doctor, in the last two years, we have had seven patients with the first name of Ann.”

I’m not getting anywhere with this, and I need to talk to Mrs. Walkins. I went back to my office and pulled Mrs. Walkins’s chart, and I noticed someone had canceled her next appointment. I decided to call her and reschedule an appointment for tomorrow. I phoned the number on her chart, and a man answered, “Hello, this is Doctor Stevens. May I speak to Mrs. Walkins.”

“I’m sorry, but she isn’t here, May I take a message?”

“May I ask who I’m speaking with?”

“This is her son, Timothy. I’m sorry to inform you, Doctor Stevens, but my mother has temporarily moved and is no longer a resident of this state.”

“I need to get in touch with her, in concerns her daughter.”

“I’m sorry, but her daughter Eva is married to a Doctor at the hospital. I’m sure you can reach him there.” I was aware now more than ever Mom needed to leave.

 

Dad went and helped Mom pack. I don’t know what he told her, but she was willing to go. I put her luggage in the trunk of the car when Randy drove up. I told Mom to go with Randy, and we will pick her up as soon as I talk with Eva. Dad went to call Eva; Randy was driving away when a police car pulled into the driveway.

“Is this the home of Marie Walkins?”

“Yes, how may I help you?”

“Who are you?”

“I’m Mrs. Walkins’s lawyer. Now, if you would be so kind as to tell me why you want to see my client.”

“We have an arrest ordered authorized by her doctor. According to the doctor, she has illusions that might lead her to hurt herself or her family. We are to take her to a psychiatric clinic for treatment.”

“May I see the warrant?”

He handed me the warrant, “Doesn’t this require the signature of the doctor? There is a time stamp missing also. Officer, what is your name?”

“My name is Bernard Shouder, and my friends call me Benny.”

“That name is familiar. You played basketball in high school. There were two others, and you all were known as the hoop boys.” I noticed he became a little uneasy. “I guess you three were very popular. What happened to the other guy? One is a doctor, one is a policeman, and the third, I believe his name was Thomas. What is he doing now?”

“He’s a teacher at our old high school.”

“According to the newspaper, you three were inseparable. I guess you are all pretty close friends. Well, Benny, it's okay for me to call you Benny, right?” He nodded his head up and down. “I’m sorry, but Mrs, Walkins isn’t here, and I’ll tell her to call you when she returns. But if you have any questions, here is my card.”

“Not that I don’t trust you but is it okay if I look around.”

“Sure, go ahead. You don’t mind if I accompany you, do you?”

I introduced Benny to Dad and Stephen. I watched his face when I introduced Stephen as my husband, He went to shake hands, and when I said husband, that hand was pulled back at a speed of Mach 1. I laughed thinking it’s okay to rape but not touch a gay man.

I had Stephen accompany me as I showed Benny the house. Leaving, I offered my hand, and he was hesitant but took it; I squeezed hard, there would be no question that wasn’t a weak handshake in his mind.

Watching him drive away, I told Dad goodbye and headed to the farm to pick up Mom and head home. I still had the warrant, and Benny couldn’t leave fast enough.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Love 9
  • Wow 5
  • Angry 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

As I said much earlier in this story, "Something smells and it isn't goat poop down on the farm". To use another farm analogy, 'The chickens are coming home to roost', and for bumbling local cop Benny, his panicking attempt along with Mom's Dr. Tommy to "take care of her" and keep the truth from coming out? Let's just say the chicken shits going to hit the fan BIG TIME.

Haven't seen this much clucking since 2012 when Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy's homophobic tirade backfired on his company with boycotts, international scorn and investors taking their investment 'eggs' out of his 'basket'. Or as one reporter said: "Deep fried chicken do doo". 

BAWK BAWK BAWK. 🐔

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Well now,  isn't this a fine pile of rotten fish.  We have a Doctor, a police officer and a teacher at the old high school and all of them are still doing what together??  Now we have a police officer who seems to have tried to basically abduct Tim's mother with a not so good warrant.  I have a feeling that our good officer may have just jumped out of the frying pan and into Tim's fire!  Poor Benny.  The good  doctor Bruce Stevens it appears now is also part of this paper they called a warrant.  Now there are the police officer(Benny), Dr. Bruce Stevens that are both involved in the serving of a not so valid warrant.  Would you consider that at being involved with conspiring to commit a crime?  Damn close!!  And what of our teacher who is teaching at the old high school.  What subjects does he specialize in?  What wonders may appear when we find out more about him.   I think Tim either knows what is going on in town now or he is very close to having a very huge problem.  So is the police chief involved in our little activities circle along with Benny the police officer and with the high school teacher?  This is getting to be a very involved and possibly messy conspiracy gang.  Rapes, cover ups, possible drugs involved by the good Dr. Bruce Stevens.  What more would you want in a nice and calm small community.  Which I will leave you with one more thought.  How many rapes are not reported in this small community with the police, high school teacher and a doctor all who may be in charge of this activity.  Oh my, oh my.  What a tangled web of lies do we have here. 

More chapters please. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
18 hours ago, drsawzall said:

A doctor, a policeman, and a teacher all walk into a...dung pile,: the doctor goes 'it smells in here', the policeman goes 'its dark in here', and the teacher goes...we're screwed!!

Yes nicely put. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
18 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Tim moved Mum just in time. 

Some serious cover up it seems.

There appears to be a lot of cover up.  They thought they were safe, as long as AM kept quiet.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
17 hours ago, mikedup said:

Tim had known that the crap was going to be flying very soon, mom I hope does go for therapy so this whole sordid mess can see the light of day , they destroyed 1 life and thought that they got away with it, but karma is a real bitch and she just waits till it is payback time, it can happen fast or it can take decades but payback is definitely going to happen. The 3 of them either own up or run but the truth will be set free not sure how free the 3 of them will be going forward

If nobly one has committed the crime, it may have taken longer. As the number in the party increases the chance of discovery increases.  In this case, Benny was the weakest link

  • Like 3
Link to comment
17 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Thank god Tim answered the phone and was there when Benny tried to pull a fast one.How far will these guys go to cover their ass?I think I know the answer to that and it makes me shutter

They have one thing going for them, time.  It has been 20 years, if AM doesn't push for justice they can avoid any jail time, but their reputation will cause them to move away. They won't be welcome anywhere in their home town.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
14 hours ago, dutch woman said:

The three perpetrators are afraid of the consequences  of what they did twenty years ago for their careers, but what they do now will have more impact. They show that they have no regrets and that they have not changed. And they no longer have the right for some sympathy or excuses.

Glad that mom got away on time.

You are right, one would think their conscience would have been enough for them to confess. I wouldn't be surprise if their were others.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Philippe said:

Ok…Who is on first? Exactly!

 

I am old enough to see this when it originally played. What was interesting to me was  that Costello was the brains behind this. Bruce was the brains behind the molestation and the weakest link was Benny.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Philippe said:

Blue collar translation….the doctor says “it smells like §h|t 💩 in here,” the policeman says “it looks like §h|t in here,” and the teacher says “history repeats itself and we’re in deep §h|t.”

🥵

I think you summed that up perfectly.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Christopher said:

WOW!!! It's one thing for a bunch of teenagers to make a huge mistake in life when they're young and they're hormones are raging however, the group think needed to stop then. For the psychiatrist to use his position to declare a patient incompetent and issue and EOD is ground for losing his license. For the police officer to fake a warrant and use his position to place someone in custody is ground for termination and incarceration. The high school teacher wasn't mentioned mentioned so much as only Benny and Bruce seemed to be conspiring and committed an additional crime. Hopefully the teacher has removed himself far from the situation and will be the only one to try to do what's right. Hopefully, Timothy will contact the FBI / MI-5, since the local police were obviously involved and not to be trusted, and these 3 will get sorted as they should have several decades previous!  

The information that Tim and Stephen have uncovered would be classified as hearsay. If AM told, then the case would take a different turn. The fact  that they acted as they did confirmed their guilt.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

As I said much earlier in this story, "Something smells and it isn't goat poop down on the farm". To use another farm analogy, 'The chickens are coming home to roost', and for bumbling local cop Benny, his panicking attempt along with Mom's Dr. Tommy to "take care of her" and keep the truth from coming out? Let's just say the chicken shits going to hit the fan BIG TIME.

Haven't seen this much clucking since 2012 when Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy's homophobic tirade backfired on his company with boycotts, international scorn and investors taking their investment 'eggs' out of his 'basket'. Or as one reporter said: "Deep fried chicken do doo". 

BAWK BAWK BAWK. 🐔

 

If you ever raised chickens, you would have found chicken shit all over everything and about once a month you would have to clean the coup. I have done that a lot.  These chickens tried to cover their shit, someone found where they hid it.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, bottomguy said:

Well now,  isn't this a fine pile of rotten fish.  We have a Doctor, a police officer and a teacher at the old high school and all of them are still doing what together??  Now we have a police officer who seems to have tried to basically abduct Tim's mother with a not so good warrant.  I have a feeling that our good officer may have just jumped out of the frying pan and into Tim's fire!  Poor Benny.  The good  doctor Bruce Stevens it appears now is also part of this paper they called a warrant.  Now there are the police officer(Benny), Dr. Bruce Stevens that are both involved in the serving of a not so valid warrant.  Would you consider that at being involved with conspiring to commit a crime?  Damn close!!  And what of our teacher who is teaching at the old high school.  What subjects does he specialize in?  What wonders may appear when we find out more about him.   I think Tim either knows what is going on in town now or he is very close to having a very huge problem.  So is the police chief involved in our little activities circle along with Benny the police officer and with the high school teacher?  This is getting to be a very involved and possibly messy conspiracy gang.  Rapes, cover ups, possible drugs involved by the good Dr. Bruce Stevens.  What more would you want in a nice and calm small community.  Which I will leave you with one more thought.  How many rapes are not reported in this small community with the police, high school teacher and a doctor all who may be in charge of this activity.  Oh my, oh my.  What a tangled web of lies do we have here. 

More chapters please. 

Lies beget more lies. They walk with fear in their mind, they are not truly free. With AM in John's care they were safe, or so they thought. They didn't take into account someone like Tim and Stephen. They will be running soon..

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..