Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 688 Words
  • 2,640 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 4. Chapter 4

I was standing in front of the dairy counter, holding a package of goat cheese, lost in thought.

"Timothy, are you okay?” Mrs. Kenner’s voice brought me back from my dream.

Laughing, “Yes, I had a friend whose family made and sold goat cheese. This goat cheese made me remember him. My friend joined the army and was killed. I think I’ll buy a package of goat cheese.”

“Come, get your cheese, and you can drive me home.”

I smiled as I helped Mrs. Kenner with her groceries.

That night as I lay in bed. My thoughts went to Donnie again. He enlisted as soon as we graduated. I think he had filled out the papers before we graduated. We promised to write. I remember when Mom told me he was killed. I attended his burial service, and I cried. I wasn’t ashamed, I loved him. I had tears in my eyes as these thoughts brought everything back to me.

 

Over the next few weeks, there were little things that brought back memories of Donnie. Mrs. Kenner knew what I was thinking. “Timothy, I miss my husband. We were married for 65 years before he left to build a place for us in Heaven. I think your Donnie might be helping him.”

I smiled, “Thanks, Mrs. Kenner. I’m sure there will be goats there as well.” For some strange reason, that gave me a feeling of peace. I’ll never forget Donnie. He’s in a special place in my heart.

I went to summer school, fulfilling some of my electives. I saw Booker T leaving with his luggage. One of his friends told me he wouldn’t be back. His dad said he wouldn’t pay for his tuition since he failed all of his classes.

I drove home every weekend that summer. I’d leave after class on Friday and return on Monday morning. When summer school was over, I stayed home until school started in the fall. This year I will begin my sophomore year.

 

During the first week, Freshman Week, there were no classes. I would run in the morning, and then I would spend the rest of the morning reading. I wanted to get a head start on some of my classes. After lunch, I worked outside. Cutting the grass, weeding the flower beds, washing windows, and any other odd jobs Mrs. Kenner had for me.

After showering and sharing dinner with Mrs. Kenner, I would spend time in the common room reading or watching tv. Two days before school would officially start, I was sitting watching tv. I had a book I was reading on my lap. The young man who had the room across from me came and sat beside me.

“You’re the guy who has the room across from mine.”

“Yes, my friends call me Tim.”

“My name is John, but my friends call me Johnny.”

Now I knew Johnny. He was on the football team, and it looked like he was a star player. During our conversation, he mentioned he was on a football scholarship. I asked why he was staying here instead of in the dorm. To my knowledge, athletic scholarships included room and board.

He started to laugh, “I prefer my privacy, which you don’t have in a dorm.”

“You read my mind.”

The following Friday night, I was in the common room watching television. “Hi Tim, what are you watching?”

“It’ an old Perry Mason show. I don’t think his style would work in today’s courts. Dr. Lewis said in today’s courtroom, the trials are not pre-written as they are for tv. Hey! Keep your hands to yourself.”

“Come on, Tim. You’ll like this. You know you want it.”

That brought back memories of Donnie, and I got hard. I got up and left, returning to my apartment.

Over the next few weeks, I got to know Johnny. We would meet in the common room. He never tried to play around again. But he did one thing, he reminded me of Donnie and when he and I made love. That is what we called it, making love.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 46
  • Love 14
  • Wow 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 10/29/2021 at 5:00 AM, chris191070 said:

Tim has settled in well at Mrs Kenner, doing all her odd jobs.

Johnny seems to be a good friend to Tim.

Tim still has strong memories of his friend Donnie.

Tim did the right thing leaving the dorm.  Not so sure about Johnny and why he wasn't living in a football dorm.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 10/29/2021 at 5:25 AM, weinerdog said:

Having Booker T as a roommate was a blessing is deguise he may have never met Mrs Kenner otherwise  he flunked all his classes HUGE surprise🙄 

Mrs Kenner said the perfect thing when Tim was thinking of Donnie.

For Johnny a football athlete to make that kind of a move on Tim was risky.I wonder if Tim sent off some kind of vibe

I knew a guy like Booker T when I was in college. He never made it past the first semester. Mrs. Kenner is very sympathetic to Tim. I wonder if she looks at these college kids as her own.  I think that maybe that is why Johnny doesn't live in a dorm.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 10/29/2021 at 6:29 AM, Chris L said:

Bu Bye Booker T.! Daddy ain't paying for your lazy ass to do nothing! And damn, John is a handsy little fellow. Hopefully he's not the quarterback giving everyone a feel up! Sounds like Tim is still very much in love with Donnie and those feelings will preclude his heart allowing anyone else in to love him for a while. Not sure John was looking for love so much as lust though. 😂 

You have dissected the story fairly accurately so far. There is an ache in Tim's heart and it will always be there. No one ever totally forgets their first love. The heart won't let you.

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 10/29/2021 at 6:59 AM, mikedup said:

Sad about his friend, but as they life carries on regardless, Johnny comes over as quite pushy ,let's see how long it takes for them to swop beds, he certainly is fulfilling his chores

Tim will always remember Donnie. You will be surprised just how pushy Johnny can be.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 10/29/2021 at 7:34 AM, bottomguy said:

Tim is sure preoccupied with Donnie and for Mrs. Kenner to pick up on his friendship and loss of him was extremely helpful for Tim.  Will Mrs. Kenner become a  grandmother type for Tim?  It looks as though she may.  Now with Johnny with such wonderful hands and fingers.  Maybe the goat milking experience Tim has will be expanding new feelings for him.  Maybe Johnny will introduce Tim to other members of the football team for a little other experience.  Only time will tell. 

Time has a way of opening eyes. Johnny is a rascal, but I don't think he's Tim's type.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
14 hours ago, Kev said:

Poor old Tim sure seems to pick them... First Booker T the drop out in his dorm and now Johnny who seems to want it just because he thinks he can... I mean the cheek! At least get to know the boy first and then have a quickie :) I mean you would never see me doing that (well it did make me remember a few teenage groping and fumbling, but hey I was a young guy!)...

Still loving the story. 

 

Booker T dropping out, actually kicked out, was a just act of the school and his father.  Johnny is the type of guy who used his charm to get whatever he wanted. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
13 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Tim sure has landed on his feet!

Yes, being at Mrs. Kenner's has made a big difference for him.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I thought that it was Ronnie not Donnie that introduced young Tim to the joys of gay sex? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Tim is doing OK with the loving understanding of Mrs Kenner.  He will always carry Donnie in his heart, but needs to move past that now.  Johnny is aggressive, but I trust that he will be OK, since I doubt Mrs Kenner would allow someone to rent who wasn't basically a good person.  It will be interesting to see if Johnny changes tactics and tries to develop a friendship, before he tries to seduce Tim again.  I know Tim will focus on his studies, but hope he makes room for a few more friends in his life.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..