Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 897 Words
  • 15,877 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 86. Chapter 86

Dinner reminded me of the past at home. People were talking, enjoying the food and company. I saw Alex, Ann Marie’s doctor, occasionally squeeze her hand, smiling at her. I knew it wouldn’t be long before Ann Marie was discharged from the hospital, and I needed to think about her next move.

I told Stephen that I would drive Ann Marie and Alex back to the hospital. Walking to the parking lot, “Tim, may I come back?”

“Absolutely, let me know when you want to visit, and I’ll come and pick you up.” She smiled when I said that.

Dropping them off at the hospital, “Tim, give me a call this week when you have time.”

Shaking his hand, “Definitely.”

Yes, I’ll call, and hopefully, he will tell me about him and Ann Marie.

Arriving home, Mom wanted to know what the doctor said. “Mom, he didn’t say anything. We talked about dinner, the house, and he asked me to call him during the week. What did you expect him to tell me in the presence of Ann Marie?”

I went to the basement to let the men know I was back. Stephen had Eva Marie, and he was showing her his computer. I laughed. There was no question our children would be computer wizards if Stephen had his way.

We were sitting around just chatting, no particular subject. Mom, Mrs. Aspin, and Eva joined us, and the talk turned to Eva Marie and Stephen. “You need to be careful, or Stephen is going to snatch Eva Marie from you.”

That opens the discussion about if we were going to adopt. I left Stephen field that question. “We have talked about it, but the time isn’t right. Tim has a lot of loose ends that need to be tied up before we consider adoption.”

“There’s no question that we will have children. With Stephen, we may have to enlarge the house.”

That night lying in bed, “Tim, how many children do you want?

“We talked about a girl for you and a boy for me.”

“What if we find more than two?”

“I won’t split a family, so if the child has siblings that need a home, we will take them also.” That seemed to answer Stephen’s concern. A snuggle, a kiss, and he was asleep. I needed to talk to Donnie.

 

Sunday was a rush, rush day. I went and picked up Ann Marie. She was dressed in a dark blue suit, Ann Marie was a beautiful woman, and I think our doctor friend had fallen in love with her. I stopped at the house to pick up Stephen; Dad drove Mom and Mr.and Mrs. Aspin; John drove Eva with the baby.

Arriving at the church, Father Damon met us as we entered the church. “So this is the young lady who we will be admitted to the fellowship of God.”

“Yes, Father, this is her family, John and Eva Aspin. This is Mr. and Mrs. John Aspin and Mr. and Mrs. Timothy Walkins. You know Timothy, and this is his sister, Ann Marie Struthers.”

“It is nice to have you all here for such an important event.”

Walking to a pew in front of the church, I heard Father, “Stephen, we missed you. Even the choir missed you.”

“Father, they probably sing better without me. I was often accused of singing to my own tune.”

As the service proceeded, I would sneak a glance at Stephen. If you wanted to know who was holding Eva Marie, Stephen. I wondered if he would let Father Damon have her when he baptized her.

When it came time for Eva Marie to be baptized, Stephen handed Eva Marie to Father Damon, he proceeded with the church’s rite of baptism. When he finished, he gave Eva Marie to Ann Marie. I think that was the first time she had ever held a baby, and there were tears in her eyes.

Returning home, Stephen had arranged a surprise. His mom was cooking, his father and Gramps were sitting at the table having a coffee.

Walking into the kitchen, the smells made my mouth water. Stephen’s mom chased all the men downstairs, and she said she would call us when lunch was ready. Walking into the basement, there was Alex sitting on the sofa.

“Does Ann Marie know you are here?”

“No, I arrived a few minutes ago. I was concerned how Ann Marie would react.”

“You can ask her.” As if I called her, she came down to tell us lunch was ready.

“Alex, I didn’t know you were here? Did you come to take me back to the hospital?”

“When you are tired. It will save Tim from bringing you back.”

I heard Stephen’s low, “Hogwash.”

Lunch was fantastic, the food was excellent, but the conversations as we ate were the high point for me. I noticed Stephen’s mom watching Stephen with Eva Marie, and I could see the love in her eyes.

Dinner was leftovers, and they were just as good as if they were made fresh.

Alex and Ann Marie were the first to leave, Stephen”s mom and dad, and Gramps had rooms in town. Everyone retired, leaving Stephen and me finishing our coffee. “Let’s go to bed as well.”

“I’ll lock up.”

Sleep came quickly, and so did my visitor.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 32
  • Love 21
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

OH YOU!!!!!......ending the chapter just as Donnie visits nice cliffy.

I liked it when Stephen said "Hogwash" I think if they weren't in mixed company he would have said another word instead

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

Well the christening went well , the family seems to expanding, I think the hint about a bigger family, is going to come true , I wonder what Donnie is going to reveal

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Ann Marie seems to be back on an even-keel* (* a person functioning normally after a period of difficulty). 

Dr. Alex's intentions?

Donnie told Tim to name 1st son Donnie. But if Tim and Stephen adopt - unless infants - they won't be easily renamed.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
21 hours ago, chris191070 said:

A nice mild chapter. The Christening went well. Great to see all the family together.

Yes,. a little of  normality.. They deserved it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
20 hours ago, drsawzall said:

I hear the pitter patter of tiny feet in Tim and Stephen's future once the Bruce situation is resolved!! Not to mention wedding bells???

Are you reading the tarot cards?  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
20 hours ago, weinerdog said:

OH YOU!!!!!......ending the chapter just as Donnie visits nice cliffy.

I liked it when Stephen said "Hogwash" I think if they weren't in mixed company he would have said another word instead

I'm sure he would horses#it come to mind

  • Like 4
Link to comment
19 hours ago, Christopher said:

Oh @weinerdog bullshit! 😂😂😂 It's so good to see the family getting back to a sense of normalcy and everyone interacting as family does. It perplexes me that AM would ask Alex the question "did you come to take me back to the hospital?" as she should have some indication of his feelings for her. Just struck me as an odd interaction but what do I know in MF relationships?!?! lol 

I think she was surprised to see him, remember the hospital is home for her.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
19 hours ago, Kev said:

Do people actually say Hogwash over there? I never did find out what hogwash actually is, or do we wash our pigs? I usually end up saying bullshit like Christopher above, but then that's maybe why the Hogs need washed, because they roll in all the bull!

Donnie must have earned his wings by now, all of the prompt that he is giving to Tim. I think I'd get jealous if I was Stephen. One of each? I've heard that before, that's what we said and then accidents happen and you double of triple the quota. Really hope that Ann Marie is finding happiness at last.

Hogwash is used here for nonsense it is derived from hog waste, 15th century but like all old sayings, today it is used for garbage in speaking

  • Like 4
Link to comment
18 hours ago, mikedup said:

Well the christening went well , the family seems to expanding, I think the hint about a bigger family, is going to come true , I wonder what Donnie is going to reveal

Donnie is a mind reader, Tim's mind. He gives Tim insider info

  • Like 4
Link to comment
18 hours ago, Christopher said:

@mikedup Donnie is going to reveal Timothy and Stephen are expecting - gawd knows they've been humping like bunnies and trying hard enough! LOL!!! 

They definitely would be the first

  • Like 4
Link to comment
17 hours ago, mfa607 said:

Here’s to a healthy and happy Ann Marie. Great chapter!

Ann Marie has made great strides and I think she has a beau

  • Like 4
Link to comment
15 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Ann Marie seems to be back on an even-keel* (* a person functioning normally after a period of difficulty). 

Dr. Alex's intentions?

Donnie told Tim to name 1st son Donnie. But if Tim and Stephen adopt - unless infants - they won't be easily renamed.

 

Have faith in Donnie he hasn't led them astray yet.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..