Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 455 Words
  • 1,624 Views
  • 21 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 15. Chapter 15

I followed Stephen downstairs with his grandfather walking beside me. As we walked, he whispered to me, “Later this evening, we need to talk.” I nodded my head and smiled.

Refreshments would be served in the conservatory. I commented on the beautiful flowers. I got a smile from Stephen’s mother. Then I was ignored while she asked Stephen a lot of questions.

“Have you met any eligible young women at the university?”

“No, Mother, but I have found a very good friend. What time is Father coming home?”

“How about right now.”

Stephen’s father looked like Stephen, only older. I thought Stephen was handsome, and now I knew he would always be handsome.

“Father, this is my best friend, Timothy.”

“How do you do, Timothy. I hope you have been successful in keeping my son out of trouble.”

“Yes, sir, the only trouble he gets into is when I’m with him. So I’m not sure who is supposed to keep who out of trouble, but we manage to stay on course.”

“Good to hear. I understand you are working for your law degree.”

“Yes, in corporate law, besides finishing my course work, I’m studying for the bar exam.”

“Dad, maybe you can find a position for this young man in your corporation.”

“We will have that discussion later, Stephen.”

So now I knew Stephen was named after his father. I wondered what his grandfather’s name would be.

“Mother, Father, since the family is all here, I have an announcement to make. After graduation, I’m going to be married.”

“Stephen, who is the lucky girl?”

“Mother, it isn’t a girl. I have fallen in love with a wonderful man.”

I waited for the bomb to explode. It was Grandfather who broke the silence. “Congratulation Stephen, I hope you will be very happy.” When he said that, he looked at me and winked. I relaxed.

“Stephen, a man? Are you sure? You are joking, right?”

“No, Mother, I’m gay and have always been gay.”

“But you dated girls in high school.”

“Yes, I did. It was to disguise being gay.”

“Stephen, aren’t you going to say something?”

I looked at Stephen senior, and I saw the start of a smile. He walked over to me, pulled me into a hug, “Take care of my son. He means everything to me.”

Stephen grabbed me and pulled me away. “He’s mine.” He kissed me.

Now I was shocked. His father and grandfather approved.

“Evelyn, I knew Stephen was gay since high school, and dad knew as well. He’s happy. That is all we want for him to be happy.”

Stephen’s mother just sat there as if the scenario being played in front of her isn’t true.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
  • Love 24
  • Haha 4
  • Wow 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

15 hours ago, drsawzall said:

It looks like one self-absorbed mother has missed what is truly important in the dynamics of her family, if she remains clueless, she just may miss the wedding!!

I have a feeling Stephen's dad will intercede

  • Like 4
Link to comment
15 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Then she should get along really well with Tim's older sister.Maybe they already know each other .

Now that is a possibility 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Mother Dearest is more concerned about 'Putting on Airs' and having heirs (grandchildren) to show off. Stephen being gay, and having the audacity to get married would publicly disgrace her. Aww 😱 

Did the elder Stephens pass down a common gene? Daddy issues? 

Edited by Anton_Cloche
  • Like 4
Link to comment

Mommy dearest seems to be the only stuck up person in this upper class household. Dad and certainly gramps don't worry about appearances, and whispers in their circles. They only have Stephen jr best interest at heart - as should be

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Oh dear this is not good, obviously mummy dearest was so caught up in her own life she didn’t know her son at all.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/9/2021 at 12:37 PM, CLJobe said:

Yes, that was a surprise (so my readers stated) but not really. she has one son, and no more. Her figure and time she needed to spend with her friends in high society kept her busy. You had hints about her, phoning up stairs to tell them refreshments are ready. Serving in a conservatory, in my home it would be the kitchen and my mom would have yelled upstairs. 😀

 

Mine too!

 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..