Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 922 Words
  • 1,894 Views
  • 21 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 76. Chapter 76

Two days later, Dad called. “I think you may have started a ball rolling downhill. The headlines in today’s paper have started a riot.”

“Dad, what was the headline?”

“District Attorney’s office refuses to handle gay man’s injustice. There is a call for his resignation and an article about the rape of a man, and I’ll bring a copy when we come up.”

“Bring several copies.”

“Stephen, let’s call Rich.”

“And we need to call Tom.”

“Let’s wait until we get a copy of the newspaper. I’ll send him a copy.”

Sitting together on the sofa in the basement, I called Rich.

“Rich, what have you done? My father called and said the town is in an uproar over your article.”

“After you left to go and see Judge Howard, I went to City Hall. I wanted to follow up on what you said about the DA not taking Tom’s case. I met with Ms. Wiess. The DA was too busy to see me. I asked Ms. Wiess about your meeting. She wanted to know how I found out about it, and I told her you told me because you thought she was biased. She got angry, and I told her if she didn’t cooperate with me, she could read the story in the newspaper. She got up and left the room. I waited about 10 minutes and left. “

“And you wrote a story about the DA being anti-gay.”

“Yes, he was elected to represent everyone and not just those who are not gay. Suppose he starts to be selective, then who knows who will be next. Maybe he won’t prosecute someone because the plaintive doesn’t speak English or the color of their skin isn’t white, or their eyes are blue.”

I had to think about what Rich said, and now I needed to read his article. “Stephen, can you see if we can scan for Rich’s article. From what he told me, his article could cause a riot.” Dad was right; Rich had forced the citizens to face up to their prejudices. I suspect there will be two sides, as there are always two sides.

“Tim, I’m not able to pick up anything except the article in one of the national newspapers, Prejudice in the South. I think this might be Rich’s article.”

“Print it, and I might be able to use it.”

Friday, Mom and Dad arrived for our visit with Ann Marie. Dad had copies of the newspapers for the last seven days. I looked at Stephen, he smiled, and I knew we would make sure the DA would have a change of heart.

Dinner with Ann Marie went well. She was a chatterbox. I knew her time at the hospital was about over. What I didn’t know came as a surprise several weeks later.

Saturday and Sunday were family time. I noticed Mom didn’t join in any discussions concerning Rich’s article. Dad mentioned that there is a petition being circulated to recall the DA. I wonder if Ms. Wiess shouldn’t be the one who should resign her position.

“Dad, Stephen, and I will be going home with you. I need to talk to Rich and see Judge Howard. Maybe I can help deescalate the anger that Rich’s article has caused.

That night in bed, “Stephen, something is bothering my mom. She was quiet today when we were discussing Rich’s article.”

“Do you think she is afraid that everything involving Ann Marie will be in the papers?”

“Maybe, or Bruce might say something. I don’t know what Mom said to him when she was his patient. If we successfully bring him back to stand trial, he may try to use blackmail on Mom to get her to her me to drop my lawsuit. The DA’s office will handle Tom’s case.

Monday morning, Mom was up early. She must have been anxious to go home. By the time Stephen and I came down, he had the table set and a stack of buttered toast on the table. I soon as we sat down, she set a platter of bacon on the table and a bowl of scrambled eggs.

“There is orange juice in the refrigerator, and you can get your coffee.” She said this as she set a cup of coffee and a glass of orange juice in front of Dad. She must have eaten earlier as she took their suitcase to their car.

“Mom is in a hurry to get home.”

“Yes, something is bothering her. She didn’t sleep well last night.”

“As soon as you’re finished eating, you can leave. Stephen and I will clean up. We’ll see you at the hospital.”

I was glad Dad took his time to enjoy his breakfast, and he even had a second cup of coffee, and then he had to make a bathroom stop. I wasn’t sure if he was prolonging his departure on purpose or didn’t want to be rushed.

Finally, he was ready to leave, and I could see Mom talking as soon as he got into the car.

I looked at Stephen, “Want to bet Dad is getting an ear beating because he took his time at breakfast?”

“No, why was she in such a hurry to go home? I think she wanted to leave last night.”

“She probably would have had Dad drive home last night, except we have to meet with Ann Marie this morning. I don’t know what is bothering her. Maybe we will find out when we see them later.”

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Love 14
  • Wow 6
  • Fingers Crossed 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

My reaction is Mom said something to Bruce while she was in his so called care and is afraid of that getting out.Which brings up a question is a Doctor free to break Doctor-patient confidentiality to defend himself in court that is something I never thought about before.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Sometimes people just need a good swift kick in the ass to get the ball rolling and Rich definitely gave them that ... after giving them the opportunity to do the right thing. Good for him! I still say mom has something up her sleeve and is possibly in cahoots with brucie in some way or another - I don't think it's just an embarrassment factor at this point. Something's definitely not right in the hen house with all that. Can't wait for the next installment. @weinerdogbrings up a good point. Healthcare practitioners in general aren't obligated to break doctor - client confidentiality unless there's an eminent threat of harm to oneself or others. Now whether brucie does that or not is yet to be seen and possibly lose his license if he does for unethical conduct. 

Edited by Christopher
  • Like 5
Link to comment

Wow well the genie is out of the bottle, and putting it back is not going to be easy , I wonder what is mom's case , I suspect that she knows something and I suspect that Bruce told her something, the ball has started to roll,  nothing can stop it now. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 hour ago, weinerdog said:

My reaction is Mom said something to Bruce while she was in his so called care and is afraid of that getting out.Which brings up a question is a Doctor free to break Doctor-patient confidentiality to defend himself in court that is something I never thought about before.

I don’t believe that he can do so, legally.  If he does, I think he would be putting his license in even more jeopardy. Educators are under something of the same kind of mandate.  We can discuss a student with other professionals in a professional capacity,  but not in a casual way with any kind of identifiable information.  You can use an individual case study for research purposes, but you can’t identify the person without their permission.  Somehow, I don’t see Mom giving her permission to Brucie and his team in his defense, especially after everything Timothy has dug up and presented to the family.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Caught up again and worried about mum yet again... something just don't add up with her, it never has.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
14 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

This family is like a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Or perhaps a person with a lit cigarette walking through a storeroom of dynamite. Just waiting for ...

I don't think Tim realizes what a Pandora's box he has opened.

  • Like 2
  • Wow 2
Link to comment
14 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Something is bothering Mum and I think it's got something to do with the newspaper article.

Rich has caused a stir with his article about the DA. Hopefully Tim and Judge Howard can calm things down.

Not so sure about Mom. What she is hiding, and has for over thirty years, may come to light.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Christopher said:

Sometimes people just need a good swift kick in the ass to get the ball rolling and Rich definitely gave them that ... after giving them the opportunity to do the right thing. Good for him! I still say mom has something up her sleeve and is possibly in cahoots with brucie in some way or another - I don't think it's just an embarrassment factor at this point. Something's definitely not right in the hen house with all that. Can't wait for the next installment. @weinerdogbrings up a good point. Healthcare practitioners in general aren't obligated to break doctor - client confidentiality unless there's an eminent threat of harm to oneself or others. Now whether brucie does that or not is yet to be seen and possibly lose his license if he does for unethical conduct. 

Mom is definitely guilty of something.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
11 hours ago, mikedup said:

Wow well the genie is out of the bottle, and putting it back is not going to be easy , I wonder what is mom's case , I suspect that she knows something and I suspect that Bruce told her something, the ball has started to roll,  nothing can stop it now. 

This definitely a four ring circus, Bruce, Tom, AM and Mom. Will Tim be a successful ringmaster in this circus.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
10 hours ago, brbear1 said:

Could it be posable that Bruce raped her while she was seeing him? That would explain why the investigation and trial would upset her.

I don't think Bruce would go after a woman Mom's age. He has Tom when he gets the urge and his wife isn't up to it.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
8 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Dr Bruce has something on Tim's mother...thinking the Stockholm syndrome....

Might be something there

  • Like 4
Link to comment
7 hours ago, chris191070 said:

I'm thinking the worst of Dr Bruce, was he attacking patients he was treating with Mum being one of them.

I don't know.That would be a tight rope to walk. If a patient sued him for that he would lose everything;

  • Like 4
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Kev said:

Caught up again and worried about mum yet again... something just don't add up with her, it never has.

You are right, but what? It has to do with AM

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 1/16/2022 at 11:18 PM, weinerdog said:

My reaction is Mom said something to Bruce while she was in his so called care and is afraid of that getting out.Which brings up a question is a Doctor free to break Doctor-patient confidentiality to defend himself in court that is something I never thought about before.

I had that same thought about Bruce 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..