Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 605 Words
  • 12,815 Views
  • 17 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 90. Chapter 90

Wednesday, Rich called to say he had an appointment to interview Bruce. I was glad, “Rich, I want an advance copy.”

Laughing, “Maybe you should come with me.”

“No, you wouldn’t get a good interview. Once he saw me, he would clam up, and you would get a canned interview. Just give me a preview before you publish your article.”

I couldn’t help wondering what would happen when Rich started asking questions about raping girls when he was in high school and the continued blackmail of Tom.

I hadn’t talked to Tom for a while, so I called him. “Tom, this is Tim. We haven’t spoken lately, and I wanted to know when school goes on break?”

“Hi Tim, I thought you had forgotten me.”

“I’m sorry, Tom, I’ve been quite busy lately with family issues. Tom, Stephen and I would like for you to spend your summer break with us.”

“Thanks, Tim. I appreciate the invitation. I want to visit my folks and spend a little time with them. When they get tired of me, I’ll take you up on your invitation.”

“Good, I look forward to seeing you this summer.”

I told Stephen about my phone call with Tom. “Are you still planning on him having a session with Alex?”

“Yes, at least that will give him a chance to know there is help available.” I couldn’t help thinking about what Donnie said about Bruce. If he was right, that might be the best medicine for Tom.

Without any company, our mornings returned, and I had my special seat back.” I missed this.”

“So did I. I enjoy having company, but I miss our mornings.”

Laughing, “You are insatiable.”

“Only for you.”

Some sense of normality entered our lives. Mornings I had my seatback. Mom and Dad came up on Friday, bringing the week’s paper, Alex and Ann Marie had dinner at our place on Friday, Mom and Dad left Saturday morning, and we had dinner at Stephen’s home on Sunday night.

The week passed without incident. Alex and Ann Marie came over for dinner a couple of times. On Saturday, Rich called. He’ll be interviewing Bruce on Tuesdays, and he’s flying to Canada on Monday evening. I reminded him that I would like to see his article before it is printed.

I was anxious to read Rich’s article on his interview. Monday seemed to drag. Tuesday, I was pacing the floor. Stephen told me to relax, but I couldn’t. Donnie’s words about Bruce not returning bothered me.

Wednesday morning, I was awakened by my phone ringing. “Hello

“Tim, this is Rich. I’m still in Canada.”

“Why, you were supposed to be back yesterday..”

“Something happened, and the authorities asked me to stay.”

“What happened?”

“Bruce committed suicide.’

“Talk to me, Rich.”

“I had finished my interview when he told me he couldn’t go back to the States. He said there was no way he could go to prison. He said he was sorry for the pain he caused. I watched as he took a sheet, tore it, and made a noose. I went to get the guard, and when we came back, he was dead. Somehow he climbed on the top bunk, jumped off, and snapped his neck.”

Donnie’s message flashed through my mind. For some strange reason, I felt sorry for Bruce. Did he deserve to die? I couldn’t find solace in his death. Maybe that feeling was because I was responsible for his death in a way. Would he be alive if I didn’t go after him?

Stephen held me, “What happened?”

“Bruce is dead. He committed suicide.”

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 31
  • Love 5
  • Wow 4
  • Sad 4
  • Angry 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Bruce is nothing less than a coward, his apology for what he did it is not worth the paper it is written on , hell would be too good a place for him, but however with him dead life for everyone can move on , he can no longer harm anyone else

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I would not be sure if Rich was in Bruce's cell.  Visitors are not allowed within the cell areas for many, many reasons.  For their own protections mainly, but also for the protection of  the inmate there.  I have my own feelings about this suicide.  If rich was inside the cell there should have been an officer there as well.  Bruce was how tall?  I cannot recall if we have known this.  But the top bunks in jail cells are not ususally high enough  to get a serious injury even with hanging.  It must have taken Rich a very long time to find an officer to report this.  Why did Rich not do something when Bruce suddenly hung himself.  I am needing to see a complete forensics report on this one.  It just seems a little to complete for me.  But then.  the scum bag is also dead. 

Tom needed to get his own relief from Bruce in his confession. 

Jails are different than prisons, but visits do not happen in the cells i either place. 

I think something is very off here.  Opens up an opportunity for another investigation?  Who would do such a thing?   Lets ask Donnie!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
19 hours ago, drsawzall said:

I think Rich is in the clear as he went for help, if as I suspect, he most likely had a tape recorder so his notes and impressions would be accurate! If so, then the authorities will have Bruce's 'deathbed' confession!

Rich did the interview outside of the retention cell. Yes, he recorded the results including his warning before Bruce ended his life.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
19 hours ago, chris191070 said:

So Bruce took the easy way out. I just hope Ritch isn't implicated in Bruce's suicide.

Rich is safe. He wasn't in the cell with Bruce

  • Like 5
Link to comment
18 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Yep he took the cowards way out.But for the record I find no solace in someone killing himself.This didn't occur to me because up until then everything Bruce did was done in self preservation so I didn't see this coming. You didn't mentioned one way or another but I hope Bruce didn't have children,

As far as Tim thinking would Bruce still be alive if he didn't go after him.Someone HAD to go after you can't ever let that go.This was absolutely NOT Tim's fault

Tim feels no guilt, he was in the right. No children involved.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
14 hours ago, Clancy59 said:

I’m surprised that Brucie would commit suicide.  Not only is it the coward’s way out, it’s completely opposite to his egotistic actions and self-preservation.  I really thought someone in the jail would have been the one(s) to attack him.

In the description Rich gave, he seemed to be rather slow on the uptake while watching Brucie actually make an entire noose before calling for a guard.  Whether he was inside or outside the cell (which seems to be a strange place to interview someone.  Don’t they have interrogation or interview rooms in Canadian police stations?  They aren’t exactly in a backwoods area there.), he could see that Brucie was disturbed enough to be destructive.  That alone should have brought the guards.  If anyone, besides Brucie himself, is to blame, it would be Rich with his slow response.  Timothy bears no responsibility in this.

Bruce was in one of the retention cells facing a central desk manned by a police person. Rich was taken by surprise when Bruce started to make a noose. By the time Rich realized this, and went for help, it was to late.  Remember Bruce was in jail for lack of a passport. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
11 hours ago, mikedup said:

Bruce is nothing less than a coward, his apology for what he did it is not worth the paper it is written on , hell would be too good a place for him, but however with him dead life for everyone can move on , he can no longer harm anyone else

Right, he obviously realized that he was headed to prison, and that would be a painful experiencve

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, bottomguy said:

I would not be sure if Rich was in Bruce's cell.  Visitors are not allowed within the cell areas for many, many reasons.  For their own protections mainly, but also for the protection of  the inmate there.  I have my own feelings about this suicide.  If rich was inside the cell there should have been an officer there as well.  Bruce was how tall?  I cannot recall if we have known this.  But the top bunks in jail cells are not ususally high enough  to get a serious injury even with hanging.  It must have taken Rich a very long time to find an officer to report this.  Why did Rich not do something when Bruce suddenly hung himself.  I am needing to see a complete forensics report on this one.  It just seems a little to complete for me.  But then.  the scum bag is also dead. 

Tom needed to get his own relief from Bruce in his confession. 

Jails are different than prisons, but visits do not happen in the cells i either place. 

I think something is very off here.  Opens up an opportunity for another investigation?  Who would do such a thing?   Lets ask Donnie!

I'm sure Tim is waiting for Donnie to contact him. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I would say suicide is never the answer, but Bruce hardly had any options left. The question is, will the situation get better or worse now? Also can I have another Bushel from Randy as I've run out.... please🥰

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..