Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,133 Words
  • 1,730 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 46. Chapter 46

On Saturday, we went to Stephen’s home for dinner. Walking into the kitchen, Mom met us, we got our hugs and kiss. “Stephen, take this tray to the conservatory, and Tim, would you take this urn of coffee. Dinner will be ready at 1.”

Walking into the conservatory, Dad stood and hugged us. Gramps hugged Stephen, and then when he hugged me, “Tim, I need to talk to you after dinner.”

I thought he might want to talk about the circuit board that Stephen was working on.

Dinner was a roast that I thought would qualify for a three-star restaurant. “Mom, this roast is exceptional. How about us opening a three-star restaurant.”

They laughed, “Tim, Mom is a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu culinary school in France.”

I laughed.

“I met her at a restaurant in France. Dad, I think you remember that day. I was having dinner there with Dad and the owner of a hotel I wanted to build here, and it was his architect who arranged the dinner party.”

“He fell in love with my food before he fell in love with me.”

“The best decision I have ever made. Now I have a beautiful wife and a great cook.”

I smiled as they continued to tell me about that first meeting.

 

Gramps did want an update on my disc investigation. When I told him what Stephen and I found, and we were ready to go to court, he was a happy man. “You know, losing that case haunted me every time I walked by our production floor.”

 

Arriving home, “I’ve decided that from now on, you cook dinner.”

“My mom went to culinary school, not me.”

“Yes, but you have eaten your mom’s food most of your life, and I’m sure you picked up some tricks.”

“The only trick I picked up I married.”

I did something that Donnie and I did, I tackled him, ending up on the floor, wrestling. When Donnie and I did that, I realized that I was younger, and we were about the same height. Stephen pinned me, and the kiss had me surrendering.

I got even in the shower that night.

 

Sunday morning, we headed south. I wanted to talk to Eva and John before going home. “Stephen, let’s have lunch in town. I’ll call Eva to see if John and her can join us.”

We drove to the Parkers and agreed to meet at 3 pm at the bank on Monday to close on the property.

I called Eva and set up a luncheon date for 1 pm. Lunch would be at the Le Chateau, a French restaurant featuring foods from Louisiana. It would just be the 4 of us. I’ll meet with Mom and Dad later in the evening.

John brought me up to date on Ann Marie’s condition at lunch. “Tim, she has been quiet. I’ve started to reduce the meds, and I’m unsure how she will react when she sees you. If you like, I’ll be there with you.”

“John, that would be great. I was wondering, are there any physical or mental conditions that would or could cause the type of reactions we saw in her when we had to bring her to the hospital.”

“There could be damage to the brain that would contribute to that kind of behavior. To my knowledge, she hasn’t had an accident that would have affected her brain. We can schedule a MIR and see if there are any abnormalities. Do you know if she ever had an accident that impacted her head?”

“Not to my knowledge, we’ll have to ask Mom or Dad. If she did, it would be before Eva, and I were born.”

Dad greeted us as we pulled into the driveway that evening, arriving home. “Tim, I’m not sure staying here is a good idea. Your mother isn’t well.”

I knew what Mom wasn’t well-meant. She still is extremely angry at me. “Sir, do you mean that Tim is no longer welcomed here?”

“Stephen, his mother isn’t well.”

“It’s okay, Stephen. We can stay at the Parkers. Dad, have John check her over. I’m not a doctor, but I think she suffers from guilt. Somehow, she believes she caused Ann Marie’s behavior. See if you can get some help for her. I’m planning on seeing Ann Marie tomorrow afternoon.”

“Let’s go, Tim. We have a busy day tomorrow.”

In the car, “Stephen, let’s stay at that motel we passed as we entered the town.”

That is what we did. Stephen was very attentive that night. He held me close with my head on his chest, and his heartbeat was soothing. Falling to sleep, Donnie came to me in my dreams. He rubbed my back and whispered, “Hold the course.” When we were selected for abasement in high school, he would say that.

 

Monday, after meeting with Mr. and Mrs. Parker, I went to check on Ann Marie. Eva and John told me at lunch about Ann Marie’s temperament. I wondered if Ann Marie would meet with me without causing another outburst of anger. John said he would standby with a hypo to calm her down.

Walking into her room with Stephen, Eva and John, she looked like a helpless little girl, only with an adult face.

Seeing Stephen, she smiled. Then she saw me and became agitated. John had a hypo ready. “Ann Marie, when you calm down, I’ll explain your financial program.” She became more agitated, and John gave her a shot. She closed her eyes and fell asleep.

“Eva, John, I want to tell you what I have arranged for her. You can tell her when you talk to her, and maybe she’ll calm down. I still don’t want Mom to see her.”

“What about Dad?”

“Dad is okay, but you can’t let Dad see her and not Mom. If Mom finds out, she’ll be angry with Dad, and he must live with her. If you can impress upon him the need for secrecy, then I don’t have any problems.”

As we were leaving the hospital, Dad was waiting for us. “Tim, are you okay? I felt bad telling you that you couldn’t stay at home. Can you forgive me?”

“Dad, we need to go fishing when this is all over.” There were tears in his eyes as he hugged me. I knew this was hard on Mom from guilt. But it was also hard on Dad. “We have to go home. I have to prepare for a court case this week. I’ve asked John to keep me informed. You need to talk to him and Eva.”

We left for home. Stephen had his hand on my shoulder as I drove. It was like saying, ‘I’m here. You aren’t alone.’

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 36
  • Love 10
  • Sad 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well, B.F. Skinner's Operant Conditioning Theory is well at work - bad behavior, knocked out! Soon she'll learn to behave i.e. act like an adult. Stephen's mom has definitely come around from the last time we had the pleasure. Can you imagine having a mom that graduated from the Le Cordon Bleu culinary school in France. That'd be like having Julia Childs in the kitchen at every meal. OMG, I'd be fat as a whale and probably beached somewhere ... BUT YUM!!! I truly feel for this family, one individual has been allowed to almost tear it to shreds and shake it to its' core. Those that live with a family member that suffers from mental illness are Saints in my opinion. To continuously love some and care about them in the face of constant negativity takes very special individuals. Honestly, I'm not sure I have the patience that Timothy does or that many others do. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
7 hours ago, mikedup said:

Drama , drama and even more drama, Ann carries an enormous amount of hatred for Tim, even through he has helped her like she will never believe ,mom needs a head doctor to help her through this  and now they can shout out loud "We bought a farm" interesting court case ahead

More drama then needed. Ann Marie would be in heaven if she knew how much negativity she is creating. One wonders how Tim and Eva came though this sane.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
7 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Mum is in need of seeing a doctor, she is full of guilt and can't accept it. Ann Marie hates Tim with a vengeance.

Tim has bought his farm, interesting times ahead. But first he has his court case to prepare for.

Yes, the farm will be a shrine to Donnie. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
6 hours ago, weinerdog said:

It looks like this chapter planted the seed that AM might have brain damage if that's the case then they can convince Mom while still making some mistakes it  wasn't all her fault.

I thought that AM smiled at Stephen was interesting. She knows he is married to Tim and still flirts with him. I don't think Mom is going to come around until she deals with her guilt 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Christopher said:

Well, B.F. Skinner's Operant Conditioning Theory is well at work - bad behavior, knocked out! Soon she'll learn to behave i.e. act like an adult. Stephen's mom has definitely come around from the last time we had the pleasure. Can you imagine having a mom that graduated from the Le Cordon Bleu culinary school in France. That'd be like having Julia Childs in the kitchen at every meal. OMG, I'd be fat as a whale and probably beached somewhere ... BUT YUM!!! I truly feel for this family, one individual has been allowed to almost tear it to shreds and shake it to its' core. Those that live with a family member that suffers from mental illness are Saints in my opinion. To continuously love some and care about them in the face of constant negativity takes very special individuals. Honestly, I'm not sure I have the patience that Timothy does or that many others do. 

I agree with you. I thought my mom was a good cook, but a chef would prepare balanced meals. Imagine a three star chef in your kitchen. The kitchen itself would be something else. I envied Julia Childs husband.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, drsawzall said:

It may not be brain damage that Ann Marie suffers from but a deep seated psychologic issue, while I don't have a license to practice psychology...I did sleep at a Holliday Inn Express once!!!

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&ei=UTF-8&p=old+aamco+transmission+commercials&type=E211US0G0#id=13&vid=1ffe22adf437eea3fa9cff849d51f707&action=click

 I believe you are right. Generally someone with psychologic issues needs several years to work it out their problems. I think Tim is looking at AM's problem being psychologic rather than medical. We will see what John turns up.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I  am wondering if there was some trauma that Ann Marie was involved in many years ago and mom is guilty of keeping it all secret. If there were a traumatic event this would explain why she was always so distant from the family.  Just supposing is all.

Tim either eats a truck load of Wheaties for breakfast of he is high on energy drinks.  Sounds like he may be on his way of winning the circuit board lawsuite for Gramps.

I am sure Tim has some plans for the farm as well.  He seems to be one step ahead of everyone else.  Maybe Donnie has more to do with this than we know. 

Mom is not "not well'.  I still wonder about a possible traums event that everyone has no knowledge about except mom. 

Eva and John are trying to figure out what is causeing Ann Marie and here problem with Tim and the rest of the family.  So am I. 

Good chapter,  has lots going on especailly for Tim. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I hate it when life takes over and you just don't get the chance to read your favourite story!!!🤣🤣 

Mum needs to seriously reflect on what's more important as it looks like she is risking losing it all if she is not careful. I think fishing is exactly what Dad and Tim need at the moment. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..