Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,102 Words
  • 1,500 Views
  • 15 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 57. Chapter 57

I called Dad and told him about Mom switching doctors. He wanted to know why, so I told him what I thought about Mom not being fully open with her doctor there, I didn’t tell him what we suspected. I told him that with Mom and Ann Marie attending the same hospital, Mom would be more open since the doctors are aware of what had happened and Mom’s role in the cover-up.

“I’ll need to tell your mom. How would this work?”

“I’ll try and get her to see the doctor on Mondays. Then you can drive up on Sunday, stay overnight here, take Mom to the doctor in the morning and then drive home. You could spend some time with Ann Marie while Mom is seeing her doctor.”

“I’ll call you after I talk with your mom. I hope this works, Tim. I want to get back to something like normality here.”

I thought I also would like to have normality here.

It was the following evening when Dad called me. “Tim, I talked to your mom about changing doctors, and she doesn’t want to change.”

“Did she say why?”

“No, just that it is a hassle when she has a good doctor here.”

“Well, if that is the way she thinks, then she probably won’t be able to see Ann Marie. The only way she will see Ann Marie If she changes doctors. When she did see her, Ann Marie’s doctor said it put Ann Marie back. He said if Mom had continued, Ann Marie might have lost all of the progress she made. Dad, if Ann Marie isn’t healed, she will be in an institution the rest of her life. Mom is a key to that healing process, but she needs to be healed as well. The doctor she is seeing won’t help her.”

“How do you know he won’t help her?”

“Dad, do you remember when Ann Marie was in high school? The school had a championship basketball team, and the doctor that Mom is seeing was a star player on that team.” I heard a gasp. “Mom, are you listening?”

“Tim, she was on the phone upstairs.”

“Call me when you decide to come up.”

That evening lying in bed after our shower, “I talked to Dad today. He said Mom doesn’t want to change doctors. I told him that the doctor Mom is seeing was in Ann Marie’s class and a star player on their basketball team. Mom was listening on the extension.”

“What happened?”

“I told Dad to call and let us know when he is coming. Stephen, I think that the rape case is going to be reopened, and I know if Dad has his way, he will confront Dr. Bruce Stevens.”

“Your dad isn’t concerned about the publicity like your mother was?”

“No, I’m afraid if the truth comes out and Stevens was involved, there will be legal suits which would involve Ann Marie testifying. That would set her back, and she may never recover.”

“We could drive down and talk face to face. Facial expressions tell a lot. We could even see your mom’s doctor and confront him. He needs to know that it isn’t under a bushel any longer.”

“I don’t want to do that, but maybe we can at least clear the air in my family. If we can get the truth and why Mom did what she did, then maybe we can get on with our lives.”

Thursday evening, we packed an overnight bag.

Friday, after work, we drove down to see Mom and Dad. Stephen wanted to see Randy, he had a gadget for him.

I was driving, and it was apparent I wasn’t happy about it. “Stephen, if this get’s out of hand, we’ll stay at the motel and drive back the next day. If it is useless to talk to Mom, then Mom will have to deal with not being able to see Ann Marie.”

The route we took would take us past the farm. Stephen was hoping Randy was still awake, he could drop off the gadget, and if we had to leave tonight, Randy would have the device.

As I was about to turn in the driveway, we heard a car horn. Looking in the direction of the horn, Randy was pulling in alongside us. I think he was out of the car before we could stop.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were coming? You could have met my girlfriend.”

“It was a last-minute decision. Is your mom up?” Just then, the porch light came on, and Aunt Clara came out on the porch.

We walked up to the porch, hugging Aunt Clara. “I just baked a cake this afternoon, come on in and have a piece with a cup of coffee.”

I couldn’t help thinking what a change in Aunt Clara. “Aunt Clara, it seems farm life likes you.”

“Yes, Tim, I didn’t think that I would like to be on a farm. I’m a city girl. But I’m not sure if it’s the fresh air or my guardian angel.”

I knew who her guardian angel was. I need her to tell me that Randy and she have decided to raise goats.

Randy and Stephen left to attach the gadget to his computer. Stephen said you could record a phone conversation over your computer and then print it off.

It didn’t take long, and soon Stephen was sitting next to me. “Aunt Clara said she has a guardian angel that helps her.”

“I don’t know about a guardian angel, but there is a young man here that thinks this is the perfect place for him to live. I asked what his girlfriend thinks about living on a farm, and he said if she wants me, she’ll need to get used to it.”

“I think there is a guardian angel that will see Randy ends up with the perfect farm girl for him.”

“Mom, have you told Tim about the goats.”

I started to laugh. In my mind, Donnie, he’s straight, I heard a laugh.

“You’re going to raise goats?”

“Yes, it seemed like we were missing something. Randy said we should raise goats.”

“The farm is designed for raising goats. When you are ready, let me know, and I’ll come and help you select the right goats. Donnie taught me everything he knew about raising goats, and I’ll pass that on to you.”

That was when someone hit me on the leg. “I’ll teach you as well.”

Coffee and cake finished, saying goodbye, I drove to Mom and Dad’s.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 38
  • Love 13
  • Haha 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

“I don’t want to do that, but maybe we can at least clear the air in my family. If we can get the truth and why Mom did what she did, then maybe we can get on with our lives.”
“No, I’m afraid if the truth comes out and Stevens was involved, there will be legal suits which would involve Ann Marie testifying. That would set her back, and she may never recover.”
 

Good thinking

 But I think it would be good if there came a process, only without the involvement of AM, except her recognition of the rapists. Only then she and the rest of the family can go on with their life’s.


Still the recovery of AM needs time and it would be good if some of the family move in with her at the lodge, mom and dad or Eva and John?. 

and I like aunt Clara on the farm.

Good chapter.

 

 

 

 

Edited by dutch woman
  • Like 5
Link to comment

Talk about twist and turns, Dr Bruce Stevens as one of the possible rapists or as someone in the mix or know...this is just as convoluted as that old TV show Peyton Place!!

Thai was a great chapter with lots to ponder!!

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

With Mum listening in on the phone. You begin to wonder about Dr Bruce, has Mum been manipulating her medical care, because of covering up for the Dr.

Randy and his Mum are at home on the farm and about to raise goats.

Edited by chris191070
  • Like 4
Link to comment

Well mom now knows that they all know about her doctor, she is going to be livid with Tim , dad is getting very pissed off with everything and the fact that he was never told about Anne's rape he is going to have to put his foot down and spell out what is going to happen going forward. This just keeps getting better and better

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

Interesting how an awful event from 2 decades ago can disrupt so many lives after all that time.

This story is slowly but surely twisting and turning in different directions, just reread the first couple of chapters…. awesome and captivating story. I can hardly wait for the chapter(s) yet to come! 

Edited by RoyKing
  • Like 5
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Christopher said:

Even though there was a GASP on the phone call, one has to wonder if the mom already knew Dr Bruce Stevens' background and she was just trying to mislead everyone into believing she was getting therapy when in actuality she was trying to manipulate the situation to her favor? AND, so the goats are arriving! The farm will never be the same ... or is that Randy will never be the same? LOL!!! Timothy and Stephen definitely deserve some normality after all this - once finished, the family should be forever thankful. Hopefully that's the case.  

I don't think Randy will get the education Tim did milking goats. Tim's mom is holding so many secrets it has become confusing for her

  • Like 5
Link to comment
2 hours ago, dutch woman said:

“I don’t want to do that, but maybe we can at least clear the air in my family. If we can get the truth and why Mom did what she did, then maybe we can get on with our lives.”
“No, I’m afraid if the truth comes out and Stevens was involved, there will be legal suits which would involve Ann Marie testifying. That would set her back, and she may never recover.”
 

Good thinking

 But I think it would be good if there came a process, only without the involvement of AM, except her recognition of the rapists. Only then she and the rest of the family can go on with their life’s.


Still the recovery of AM needs time and it would be good if some of the family move in with her at the lodge, mom and dad or Eva and John?. 

and I like aunt Clara on the farm.

Good chapter.

 

 

 

 

Thanks, I think that once Ann Marie is able to deal with the rape, and she will with the help she is getting, then Tim can relax.. Mom needs to tell what she is hiding and maybe, just maybe, life will return to some level of normality.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

With Mum listening in on the phone. You begin to wonder about Dr Bruce, has Mum been manipulating her medical care, because of covering up for the Dr.

Randy and his Mum are at home on the farm and about to raise goats.

Donnie was right when he told Tim to have Randy and his mother move to the farm.  The goats, we will see about them. We need to know more about Dr Bruce

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 hour ago, mikedup said:

Well mom now knows that they all know about her doctor, she is going to be livid with Tim , dad is getting very pissed off with everything and the fact that he was never told about Anne's rape he is going to have to put his foot down and spell out what is going to happen going forward. This just keeps getting better and better

Dad has been pretty much sidelined by Mom. Secrets are being kept and that is always bad for a relationship. There could be a backlash from dad. Tim may have saved that marriage by getting Mom to see the university hospital doctor,

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Can testimony under hypnosis be used in court? Otherwise any case against Dr Stevens would be he said she said unless there is some daming evidence around like a piece of AM clothes or something.

I'm dense so you have to spell it out for me is the guardian Angle to Aunt Clara Donnie?

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

If the  "good" Dr. Stevens is the rapist when in high school.  What else is he doing now as a doctor?  Is he still having some continued activities with other women yet?  Maybe there is a bigger fish to catch here once all of the information comes to light about our Dr. Stevens.

I am thinking there will be many surprises that may come to light once Tim and Stephen discover what was happening during the high school years.  Maybe Dr. Bruce Stevens has more than a medical practice that is not so public?

I sure do hope that Tim and his family can be back together again after all of the trash is exposed and thrown out. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..