Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,104 Words
  • 1,853 Views
  • 24 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 42. Chapter 42

I was afraid that Mom would want to go back home with Randy. I told Randy last night to leave early in the morning before Mom was awake. He wanted to know why so I told him, “Mom feels some responsibility towards Ann Marie, and when she gets that notification about her future, she will have a tantrum. Mom wants to be there when that happens, and I think Dad can handle it better than her.”

The house was quiet when I woke up in the morning. I showered, dressed, and went downstairs to make coffee. Mom was still asleep, but Randy was there. I made us coffee, toast and asked Randy if he wanted eggs. He said he would eat the leftover spaghetti. I gave him money for gas, “Drive carefully and call me when you arrive home.”

The smell of coffee woke the rest of the house. Steven came down and wanted to know why I took a shower without him. I explained that I wanted to get Randy on his way home before Mom was awake. I had just said that when Mom and Aunt Clara walked into the kitchen.

“Where is Randy?”

“Randy has already left to go home. He wanted to get an early start, and I think he has to go and help Mr. Parker on the farm.” I knew Mom was disappointed that she didn’t go with Randy.

Stephen and I left to go to work, leaving Mom and Aunt Clara sitting at the table with their 2nd cup of coffee.

Walking to work, “Stephen, have you discovered anything with the circuit board?”

“I may be on to something. You and I need to talk to Andrew. I need to know a little more about the case. We made a change to a connector on our circuit board four years ago. Most boards use gold for this conductor. We changed from gold to platinum, the unit in the files was identical to our unit when we used gold. I want to be sure the unit they had at the trial is identical to the one we were given at the trial.”

“Why don’t we buy one of their circuit boards and check it?”

“Why?”

“If we buy one of their units, we can check that connector. If it is gold, there is probably nothing we can do. But if it is platinum, we can go after them again. And this time, we’ll win.”

I asked my secretary to do a patent search on all of the models of circuit boards that competed with our circuit board.

I met Stephen for lunch. He had a big smile on his face. “I bought a circuit board that competes with ours, and I’m going to take it apart.”

I was happy for him, and I knew if there were any difference or no difference, he would find it,

 

It was Thursday when Dad called. He received mail addressed to Ann Marie. I knew this was a copy of the court decree stating that I was in charge of her finances, and Dad wanted me to be present when he gave her the letter. “Dad, I’ll drive down in the morning.”

That evening I told Stephen, “Are you going to tell your mom?”

“No, Dad will be there. That is enough.”

“I’m going with you.”

Before Mom and Aunt Clara were awake, we left early in the morning. It’s a 3-hour trip mainly because the road went through several small towns before we would hit a major road which gave us a straight shot to my home town.

Arriving, Dad met us on the porch. “Here is the letter.”

I took the letter and went to Ann Marie’s room, I knocked. “What do you want, Dad?”

“This isn’t Dad.”

“What the hell do you want?”

“I have a letter for you from the court. You need to read it, and then we will talk.”

She opened the door, snatched the letter from my hand, then slammed the door close. I stood there. Stephen and Dad joined me when they heard the door slam. We heard a scream, then “No way will that bastard get his hands on my money. I’ll take him to court.” Then we heard glass breaking.

“Dad, call Eva.”

Stephen and I waited at the door. Dad came back. “Eva and John will be here in a few minutes.”

“Dad, try and get her to open the door. We tried, but she has locked it.”

“Ann Marie, let me in.”

“Go away Dad,” Then we heard something smashed against the door.

We stood there for 10 minutes before Eva came rushing upstairs, followed by John. “She received a letter from the court putting me in charge of her finances.”

“Ann Marie, open this door, or I’ll call the police and have you arrested for destroying my property.”

“Go to hell.”

“John, call the police.”

We waited until the police arrived. I explained the situation to the Captain of the police, who I knew from school. “Hi Kevin, I’m sorry to get you involved in a family matter. Ann Marie has locked herself in the bedroom. We need to calm her down to explain her letter from the court. That letter is the reason she has been acting like this.”

Kevin went to the door, “Ann Marie, this is Captain Miller of the police, open this door.”

“Not while my family is there.”

“Ann Marie, if you don’t open this door, I’ll have to break it down. Eva, call the hospital and asked them to send over the EMT team. We may need them.”

Stephen, Dad, and I went downstairs to the kitchen. Stephen and I left home without breakfast, and I made coffee and toast while waiting for the EMT team from the hospital.

We heard her scream, NO! Dad and I rushed upstairs, followed by Stephen. The door was open, and John put something into his medical bag. Looking at me, “I gave her a shot to calm her down.”

I picked up the letter. “John, she needs to be hospitalized for a few days. When she is stable, I’ll come back and discuss this letter with her.”

The EMTs took her to the hospital, and John went with them.

“Dad, I’ll be back in a few days. Eva, any damage I’ll pay from her account. Just give me a list with costs of replacement.”

Saying goodbye to Dad, Eva, and Kevin, Stephen and I headed home.

“Be prepared for the grilling when we get home. Your dad has already called your mom.”

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 9
  • Wow 9
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well, I guess she just proved Timothy’s point of her being emotionally unstable.  I agree she needs downtime after this outburst.  I don’t know that you or I would wind up in the hospital under sedation, but then, we aren’t psychotic like AM!  It’s going to take a LONG time before she settles down to the conditions of her new life, especially with her detested brother in charge of her finances.  She’ll probably try to get Mr. Morris (?) or Mr. James to get rid of Timothy. If they are smart, once they settle this case, they will quickly run away fast and far!

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Ann Marie has serious problems. The court was right in its decision, with the Police and EMT involved, Ann Marie could be heading for a stay in Hospital.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, mfa607 said:

Anne Marie is one spoiled child  She's clearly a bit entitled and ungrateful.  Great chapter, thank you!

you are welcome.  She will be quiet for a while, John willl keep her sedated for a while.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, bottomguy said:

Well Ann Marie has her letter the court sent her.  She now has the police involve, EMT's from the hospital. As well as a doctor.  All for a temper tantrum from Ann Marie.  I expected more from her, but then this may not be  over yet.  Timothy is going to have a talk with her explaining the letter from the court.  That may be a good one sided conversation or a full blown fight.  Sometimes it is hard when those who think they are blessed have that sudden stop at the bottom when they crash. 

 

She needs to quiet down.  Sedation will help but sooner or later she needs to understand that because of her attitude, Tim's action is the best for her. She has crashed, now the question how long will she stay at the bottom.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Clancy59 said:

Well, I guess she just proved Timothy’s point of her being emotionally unstable.  I agree she needs downtime after this outburst.  I don’t know that you or I would wind up in the hospital under sedation, but then, we aren’t psychotic like AM!  It’s going to take a LONG time before she settles down to the conditions of her new life, especially with her detested brother in charge of her finances.  She’ll probably try to get Mr. Morris (?) or Mr. James to get rid of Timothy. If they are smart, once they settle this case, they will quickly run away fast and far!

I would expect her to contact one of them. Without any money, and James has a copy of the court order, I doubt any lawyer would take her case, at least any reputable lawyer.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Christopher said:

WOW, I'd expect that behavior out of a 2 year old but the way Ann Marie was acting was ridiculous. I'm glad she's sedated so the family doesn't have to hear the vile words from her mouth. Ann Marie is going to die a very very lonely person if she doesn't change her ways and fast. Sad! 

Yes, she is in her late 30's and she is acting as a 6 year old. She is to old for a spankng but maybe that is what she needs

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, mikedup said:

Well surprise, surprise not , she reacted just a we expected, throwing a tantrum, breaking things, and then having the police break down the door she has caused herself such a BIG problem, if she continues she could find herself inside mental home permanently, 

That is a possibility. I hope Tim can reach her

  • Like 4
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Philippe said:

The court decision was due to a lack of financial awareness and self determination, but this tantrum, and the  emotional refusal to concede anything to the family is a dangerous game for Ann Marie. She could find herself losing all rights and possibly committed into full time psychiatric care…no cabin, no freedom, and no credit card. She is a physical threat to herself and others.

She has validated Tim's actions. Now Tim has witnesses, the police and the EMT group.  She would be smart to accept Tim's help, which will probably not happen

  • Like 4
Link to comment

@drsawzall alluded to this.AM could have appealed this by arguing  she is a grown adult capable of handling he own affairs and not be treated like a minor with no rights.But her childish outburst gives Tim and the court plenty of evidence that the proper action has been taken. 

I wonder if AM was only surrounded by her stuff instead of Eva's would she have broken anything🤔

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Clancy59 said:

I just didn’t want to say it out loud…

If she continues, Tim will be forced to place her somewhere she can get help.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
54 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Ann Marie has serious problems. The court was right in its decision, with the Police and EMT involved, Ann Marie could be heading for a stay in Hospital.

She will be there for a while under John's care. Hopefully between John and Eva she will learn that tantrums do not help,

  • Like 4
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

@drsawzall alluded to this.AM could have appealed this by arguing  she is a grown adult capable of handling he own affairs and not be treated like a minor with no rights.But her childish outburst gives Tim and the court plenty of evidence that the proper action has been taken. 

I wonder if AM was only surrounded by her stuff instead of Eva's would she have broken anything🤔

Could question, but I would guess she threw what ever she got her hands on. People in this type off temper rage are not sane enough to be able to give some thought  to what they pick up and threw..

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I have absolutely no time for people like Ann Marie in my life... Sorry Tim, if it was me I'd let her rot in her own juices. Who the hell does she think she is? Queen of Sheba antics or no, reality is bound to hit and maybe a stint in this hospital will knock her into her place. Spoilt bitch!!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
12 hours ago, Kev said:

I have absolutely no time for people like Ann Marie in my life... Sorry Tim, if it was me I'd let her rot in her own juices. Who the hell does she think she is? Queen of Sheba antics or no, reality is bound to hit and maybe a stint in this hospital will knock her into her place. Spoilt bitch!!

She'll be medicated no one in the hospital will put up with her antics. She will learn, the hard way

  • Like 2
Link to comment

At this point Timothy has sufficient proof to have AM declared (at least temporarily) 'non compos mentis', which would remove all her rights to act in her own best interests. 

The effects on the parents and family will be great.

🥺

  • Like 3
Link to comment

What a spoilt brat she is, Anne Marie needs to grow up and act her age not her shoe 👠 size 😂😂

Edited by Bft
  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..