Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,098 Words
  • 1,841 Views
  • 23 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 45. Chapter 45

Arriving at work, we stopped at the cafeteria for a cup of coffee. I headed to my office as I wanted to call Eva before I started working on that circuit board case.

“Eva, how is she?”

“We have her sedated. John is running a series of tests, but I haven’t seen the results.”

“When John has any results of significance, give me a call, and we will drive down. I called to let you know that Mom is on the way back home. Eva, I do not want Mom to see Ann Marie. We argued, and Mom thought we were wrong. If you could give Dad a warning because Mom will be on his case as well. Don’t be surprised if she is on yours as well. Have John talk to her.”

“I’ll let John and Dad know. What time did they leave?”

“They left at 6:30, but I told Randy to drive slow and to take a rest if he got tired.”

“Okay, I’ll tell Dad and John.”

“Eva, when you and John have a break, come on up to see Stephen and me.”

Eva and I have been close. Being only two years apart, we bonded.
I buried myself in my work. Stephen found that the competition had copied our connector using platinum in place of gold. The unit he bought had the manufacture date, which was after our patent was issued. We now had a case.

Walking home, “I called Eva this morning. I haven’t heard anything back.”

“What did she say about Ann Marie?”

“There are keeping her sedated and running a series of tests. I told her about Mom, and she said she would let John handle it.”

“We should invite them up. They haven’t seen our home.”

“I did invite them up. I’d like to know what happened this afternoon.”

“You can call when we get home.”

Walking into the house, we headed to our bedroom. We changed out of our suits, showered, and dressed in t-shirts and a pair of soft jersey sleep pants. Stephen went to start dinner, and I went to my office. There was some correspondence in the printer. There was a letter from Mr. James; he needed a statement from me stating that all of my previous demands were met. I responded to the letter in the affirmative. There was a letter from Randy, and it simply said to call him at the Parkers.

I went to the kitchen and showed him the note from Randy. “What do you think that is all about?”

“Call him.”

I got a cup of coffee, sat at the table, and called him. Mr. Parker answered, and since he was on the phone, we set a time on Monday to finalize the purchase of the farm. I asked to speak to Randy, and I heard him call Randy telling him he had a phone call.

“Hello”

“Randy, it’s Tim. I’m calling as you requested. What’s the matter?”

“Tim, I’m staying at the Parkers. When Mom and your mother arrived home, she wanted me to drive her to the hospital. I drove her there and came home. Your dad told me to go and stay at the Parkers. Your mom is angry at me because I took so long to bring them home. She accused me of stalling. I didn’t even have time to fill my gas tank. When I got home, I went to a gas station, and she tried to call your dad to come and pick her up. Tim, I’m going to stay at Parkers. You can reach me here.”

“Okay, Randy, I’m coming down on Monday, and I’ll stop by and pick you up. I guess I will have to lay the law down to Mom. Just stay at Parkers until I get there.” Saying goodbye, I hung up.

Sitting at the table with a cup of coffee, “Stephen, we will have to go down on Sunday. I have a meeting with Mr. Parker on Monday to close the deal on the farm. And while I’m there, I want to check on Ann Marie.”

“You are going to have to face your mother.”

“Yes, and she will be furious they won’t let her see Ann Marie. I think I’ll talk to Dad and Eva before I face Mom.”

“You know your Mom will try and get you to change your mind about keeping Ann Marie in the ‘hospital.”

“She’ll try, but it won’t work.”

“Can you count on your dad for support?”

“Yes, he was surprised by her reaction. I think for the first time, the blocks fell in place. I’m sure he has witnessed a tantrum from her but never how she acted when she read that letter from the court. After the years of ignoring me to find out I’m now the one she can no longer ignore must have been hard for her.”

“I hope this doesn’t create a problem between your mom and dad.”

“They have been married a long time, and I’m sure they have traveled over a rough road before. They will be okay.”

“What do you think about having dinner tomorrow with Mom and Dad. We haven’t done that for several weeks, and you can bring Gramps up to date on the circuit board, and you’ll make his day.”

“We need to buy a new circuit board. I want to use it in court and make sure it has a date and isn’t taken apart. We’ll do that in court.”

After dinner, I went to my office, and Stephen worked on his computer system in our bedroom.

Later laying in bed, “Stephen, what do you think about converting one of the guest rooms into a place for all of our equipment.”

“Why do you want to do that? What would we do when your mom and dad visit and Randy’s mom or Eva and John? We need those rooms for our guests.”

“Except for the weekends, the only time we spend together is lunch at work, dinner, and then here in bed. If we had all of our electronics in one room, we would see each other, and we could talk to each other while we work.”

“I have an idea. We could create a space in the basement.”

“That would be a great idea. Let’s do it.”

“Okay, I’ll do a layout, and you do one. Then we will decide which one we will build in the basement. We could make your current office into a guest room.”

I laughed. I knew who would occupy that room.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 34
  • Love 19
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Mum is slowly driving everyone away. If she's not careful she'll find herself in hospital.

I'm glad Randy was able to stay at the Parkers.

Tim has done the right thing for Ann Marie, especially as she is still sedated.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Mum is finally showing her true colors.

Dad get out while the goings good, the old lady is just going to get worse... we now know where her daughter gets it from. All those times when Tim went off to bond with dad, they told her to be like mum... Maybe she is, more than anyone ever knew.

Still loving Tim.:thankyou:

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Ann Marie was essentially EOD’d (Emergency Order of Detention) with the help of John. Standard protocol is that no one, not even family, visits until the physician or the guardian, in this case Timothy, seems it’s beneficial to the patient. Can one imagine the enabling mom visiting Ann Marie right now? It’d go something like this - oh honey I’m so sorry, you did nothing wrong, I will get you out of here and home where you’ll be safe.” To which Ann Marie would feel validated, play the victim, the only roll she knows, and use her mother until she got what she wanted while in the meantime tell them all to “go to hell” in her mind. Ann Marie has been coddled far too long and Timothy, with Dad, Eva, John, and Stephen’s support, is doing what is in her best interest at the moment. It wouldn’t surprise me if the evaluations uncovered an underlying physiological or psychological illness. Great chapter. I’d definitely be tough for me to write it CL, it’s hard enough to read it. 

  • Love 5
Link to comment

I am hoping Eva and her husband, John the doctor can have the discussion with Mom, and help her see the light!!

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Mum is slowly driving everyone away. If she's not careful she'll find herself in hospital.

I'm glad Randy was able to stay at the Parkers.

Tim has done the right thing for Ann Marie, especially as she is still sedated.

I suspect Ann Marie willl have a sedated room mate

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Clancy59 said:

Good luck with Mom, Tim!  You have your work cut out there for you!  Thankfully, Dad can back you up on this, as well as Eva and John and the EMTs.  She has to open her eyes here.

Good luck on the case, also, but it sounds like you have this one in the bag.  Good job snooping, guys.

Its exciting to be buying the goat farm.  I’m sure it will bring back many happy memories. Randy and his Mom will be happy there, but you will have to hire some additional farmhands.  Randy can’t do it all while also going to school.

I don't think Aunt Clara wants to live there.  It will remind her of when she and Randy had lived together in the apartments. but that might change.  With the goats gone, there is much left but the vegetable garden. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, CLJobe said:

I suspect Ann Marie willl have a sedated room mate

Well she did want Mum to visit. It's a no talking room.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, mikedup said:

Well great chapter, a reasonably quiet week, however the thin line that is keeping the semi peace is about to break on Monday, plus no surprise about the circuit board I hope they get taken to cleaners for damages about copyright infringement

That will make Gramps's day. 

Tim is concerned about Monday.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, bottomguy said:

I am hoping that all of the  time and work Tim is placing on the issues with Ann Marie will make things better for all.  Tim's mom seems to be falling apart as well.  If she continues on the path she seems to be on,  Things might end up becoming more difficult before they get better for everyone. 

Randy at least can stay with the  Parkers.   So that gets him away from Tim's mother, but what about Randy's mom.  She is staying with Tim's dad and mom.  WIll Randy suddenly get drawn into this situation if his mother begins to get badgered by Tim's mom?  Will Tim's dad be able to handle Ann Marie and his wife  along with Randy's mom if things really get heated?  Tim's dad seems to be the one who is having to deal with everything while Tim is doing his best, but he is not actually involved with the everyday issues that are springing up with his mom, Ann Marie and possiblly with Randy's mom if she is drawn into the mix now. 

What a time we all have at family get togethers.  All of  the stories and the the fun and excitement when the entire family comes together.  Will we see that happen here?  I will be hopeful.  Time to keep reading onward.  Thank you for the near reality in the  story. 

 

I hope the next few chapters answer your questions.. Tim is the glue, let's hope it is a strong glue

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Kev said:

Mum is finally showing her true colors.

Dad get out while the goings good, the old lady is just going to get worse... we now know where her daughter gets it from. All those times when Tim went off to bond with dad, they told her to be like mum... Maybe she is, more than anyone ever knew.

Still loving Tim.:thankyou:

 

Mom is in for an awaking. How she handles it will be critical for the family.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
58 minutes ago, Christopher said:

Ann Marie was essentially EOD’d (Emergency Order of Detention) with the help of John. Standard protocol is that no one, not even family, visits until the physician or the guardian, in this case Timothy, seems it’s beneficial to the patient. Can one imagine the enabling mom visiting Ann Marie right now? It’d go something like this - oh honey I’m so sorry, you did nothing wrong, I will get you out of here and home where you’ll be safe.” To which Ann Marie would feel validated, play the victim, the only roll she knows, and use her mother until she got what she wanted while in the meantime tell them all to “go to hell” in her mind. Ann Marie has been coddled far too long and Timothy, with Dad, Eva, John, and Stephen’s support, is doing what is in her best interest at the moment. It wouldn’t surprise me if the evaluations uncovered an underlying physiological or psychological illness. Great chapter. I’d definitely be tough for me to write it CL, it’s hard enough to read it. 

Tim told Eva and John to be sure Ann Marie was sedated and no visitors. Mom is going to find she will not be able to see her. Then all he'll will break lose and she will be sedated.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, CLJobe said:

I don't think Aunt Clara wants to live there.  It will remind her of when she and Randy had lived together in the apartments. but that might change.  With the goats gone, there is much left but the vegetable garden. 

How does living on the farm equate with living in the apartments?  I see them as two distinctly different environments.  Maybe I didn’t understand your concept of the apartments.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Tim 's Mom laying into Randy accusing him of stalling?I reminds me of my Mom(rest her soul) and her moments of being irrational.It was usually when she was upset but after calming down and upon reflection she would come around on her own usually after an hour or two.

Although it will take a group effort and more time I'm thinking Tim's mom will come around🤞

  • Like 2
  • Fingers Crossed 3
Link to comment
23 hours ago, Philippe said:

My Truth by Ann Marie’s Mom

Mirror, mirror on the wall,

show blind and ignorant reality of all,

truth as it should be,

please show this to me.

….No, no, don’t show me what they’ve done,

show them my truth or you be gone!

I told her and the mirror broke.  There was a weird laughter heard as the mirror cracked

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
21 hours ago, Clancy59 said:

How does living on the farm equate with living in the apartments?  I see them as two distinctly different environments.  Maybe I didn’t understand your concept of the apartments.

Remember in the apartments it was only the two of them. One of the reasons Aunt Clara has recovered was a combination of attention by Eva and the family. She was made to feel as a part of a family.  Moving away into the farm will break that bond between her and the family. She will be reminded of that time she was alone except when Randy was home

  • Like 3
Link to comment
22 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Tim 's Mom laying into Randy accusing him of stalling?I reminds me of my Mom(rest her soul) and her moments of being irrational.It was usually when she was upset but after calming down and upon reflection she would come around on her own usually after an hour or two.

Although it will take a group effort and more time I'm thinking Tim's mom will come around🤞

Yes, every hot head needs a cool down period. She will cool down when she is able to process Tim's arrangements for Ann Marie. She needs counseling and I'm sure John will arrange that.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
31 minutes ago, CLJobe said:

Remember in the apartments it was only the two of them. One of the reasons Aunt Clara has recovered was a combination of attention by Eva and the family. She was made to feel as a part of a family.  Moving away into the farm will break that bond between her and the family. She will be reminded of that time she was alone except when Randy was home

Except now she has frequent contact with them.  They were isolated before.  I still don’t think it’s the same thing, but that’s me.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..