Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 669 Words
  • 1,330 Views
  • 17 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 103. Chapter 103

That evening in bed, laying in Stephen’s arms, Donnie came and smiled. I knew that smile. When he would look at me and smile like that, I knew I was in trouble. Waking, I wonder what trouble he would get me into now.

Tom arrived on schedule. He had changed, he was smiling, and there was something that I couldn’t identify.

“Tom, it’s nice to see you. What happened? You have changed.”

“I don’t know, but with Bruce’s death, it seemed as if a weight had been lifted. As long as he was alive, I have been worried that he would come after me again. But now that he is dead, I know that isn’t true anymore. I feel like a new man.”

Stephen and I smiled. I thought it was ironic. Bruce’s death seemed to release a lot of old pent-up emotions and freed him from Bruce in Tom’s case. It’s like a sexual chain that Bruce controlled has been broken.

“So Tom, what’s next? I assume you will continue teaching at the girl’s school.”

“Yes, for now, but I’m thinking of going back to college and getting my doctor’s degree. Then I could teach anywhere, even at the college level. I don’t have to run anymore, and maybe I can find a partner and settle down like you and Stephen.”

I wanted nothing more than for Tom to have a partner who would respect him and provide a relationship that Tom deserves.

 

Tom stayed with us for a week. I had Alex stop over a few nights with Ann Marie. He remembered Ann Marie and her rape. Alex talked to him about Ann Marie’s rape and that he couldn’t participate as Bruce wanted

Tom told Alex the price he paid for not participating. Ann Marie hugged him and kissed his cheek. I laughed as Tom’s face turned red. By the end of the week, with Alex’s comments and Ann Marie’s forgiveness, Tom was ready to forget Bruce and move on with his life.

Tom stayed an extra week with us. During that time, I helped him fill out applications to several colleges. I told him to list Stephen and me for references, and I even recommended he apply to Stephen's and my university. Stephen looked at me when I said that. He mouthed, Mrs. Kenner; I smiled.

Tom did apply at Stephen's and my university. He was accepted, and Mrs. Kenner had another boarder. I told him about helping Mrs. Kenner with the yard work.

Tom was the last piece. With him settled, Stephen and I could close the book on Bruce.

 

Our life assumed a routine. With Bruce, Tom, and Ann Marie’s issues solved, we began to enjoy our life. Stephen and I took Alex and Ann Marie apartment hunting. Stephen guided us through available apartments, ending at his dad’s apartment. I told Alex and Ann Marie that this apartment did not have a long-term lease which would allow them to move out without any penalties.

 

Alex thought that was a good idea. With the apartment agreed upon, over dinner, I approached the subject of the lodge. “Ann Marie, you still have the lodge. Would you like to live there?”

 

“Tim, it is too far from Alex’s work. Maybe the Struthers would like to have it.”

 

“It was part of your estate. I had a few hotel chains asking about it, and I can pursue those offers.”

 

“Offer it to the Struthers, and if they don’t want it, then you can sell it to a hotel chain.”

 

“Do you have any idea what you would ask for it if you sold it to a hotel chain?”

 

“I believe it would be several million dollars, and the acreage alone is worth a lot of money.”

 

“Offer it to the Struthers.”

 

I was okay with that, but they would pay the appraised price. They had money as they got the lion’s share of Mr. Struthers’s estate.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 21
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Selling the lodge is the best decision, it gives Ann Marie some money. Tom is a different person, now Bruce is dead and with Ann Marie's forgiveness he has his life back.

What next for Tim and Stephen?

  • Like 5
Link to comment

As Trustee for Ann Marie Tim had considered keeping the Lodge as Income Property, but that would be yet another task for him that takes time way from Stephen. Selling it makes sense. 

Now, what is Donnie's sly smile really all about? 😇

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Sounds like a lot of growth for AM.The AM we first met probably would have said get as much money as you can for it but now she's saying offer it to the Struthers.

Tom and Mrs. Kenner would be good for each other maybe Randy will be there also.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Interesting wrap up with Tom and the "dead" Bruce, AM is doing better than fine , she still needs to learn basic skills like cooking etc , Tim and Stephen can now find their way in life without unnecessary hassles ,however given who they are, that is unlikely

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 2/16/2022 at 8:37 AM, Christopher said:

At the valuation of the Lodge, the property taxes would be a fortune each year. SELL! :) 

I think that is what Tim is thinking , but AM must say she doesn't't want it first

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 2/16/2022 at 8:40 AM, chris191070 said:

Selling the lodge is the best decision, it gives Ann Marie some money. Tom is a different person, now Bruce is dead and with Ann Marie's forgiveness he has his life back.

What next for Tim and Stephen?

Tim and Stephen can now concentrate on their relationship. Think honeymoon again

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 2/16/2022 at 8:48 AM, dutch woman said:

Next? Children of course

The question is when and how

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 2/16/2022 at 10:33 AM, Anton_Cloche said:

As Trustee for Ann Marie Tim had considered keeping the Lodge as Income Property, but that would be yet another task for him that takes time way from Stephen. Selling it makes sense. 

Now, what is Donnie's sly smile really all about? 😇

Tim has been a victim (a loving victim) of that smile. I wonder what Donnie has in store for them.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
23 hours ago, Clancy59 said:

He could always hire a property manager.  

I actually own my childhood home 1200 miles away.  I hired a management company that takes about 8% off the top of the rent as their fee and they take care of everything.  They do check with me for major expenditures like a new fridge or a new roof when the garage roof got fried by the sun.  They even vet the tenants.  I don’t have to worry about it at all.

That is an option but the final decision will need Ann Marie's agreement. The lodge is in her name 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
23 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Sounds like a lot of growth for AM.The AM we first met probably would have said get as much money as you can for it but now she's saying offer it to the Struthers.

Tom and Mrs. Kenner would be good for each other maybe Randy will be there also.

I believe that the plan is for Randy to room there when he goes to college. Tom will become a friend of Randy's helping him with his classes.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
21 hours ago, mikedup said:

Interesting wrap up with Tom and the "dead" Bruce, AM is doing better than fine , she still needs to learn basic skills like cooking etc , Tim and Stephen can now find their way in life without unnecessary hassles ,however given who they are, that is unlikely

Life always have hassles but it is better when you have a partner. Now Tim can begin to enjoy the little things with Stephen.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
17 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Sell the lodge, put the proceeds to work!!!

Will we hear the pitter-patter of little feet soon???

I bet very soon!!

You maybe right, that smile of Donnie's has me worried. What has he cooked up to get Tim in trouble

  • Like 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment

If they Tim is struggling knowing who to offer the place to, I could do with a holiday home 😁 It makes sense that Tom now has a sense of freedom and is able to start his life. Enjoyed the chapter, but when are we going to get a little Timm?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..