Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 893 Words
  • 1,885 Views
  • 15 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 37. Chapter 37

Stephen brought in the recording, “That was interesting. I would have loved to have seen the expression on their faces. Remind me to never get on your wrong side.”

“You would never be on my wrong side unless you slept on my left side.” A quick kiss, and we headed home.

Arriving home, “Stephen, let’s find out exactly who Mr. James is. He certainly is more than an assistant.”

“First, let’s get a cup of coffee.” We have one taboo, no liquids, in my office. If something got spilled on the equipment, it would be a disaster. So we took a break. I like one food as much as Randy’s likes pizza, apple pie with ice cream. So I fixed one, and with two spoons, we sat and had our pie and coffee.

“What do you think will happen?”

“I think I’ll get a letter in two or three days indicating that the heirs had been informed, and Ann Marie will get a letter indicating that the prenup was not valid.”

‘If she gets all that money considering how fast she went through the 10,000, she will be back in a few months.”

“No, once I get copies of those letters, I’ll set up a trust with me as the trustee. I’ll put her on an allowance and permit her to stay in the lodge.”

“She isn’t going to like that.”

“She has no choice. I’ll have her declared incapacity legally. The way she spent the 10,000 dollars will be enough to prove she is incapable of being financially responsible.”

 

Two days later, Stephen was opening the mall. “Tim, this is for you.”

I opened the letters, and they were signed by Mr. James, who turned out to be a junior partner in the firm. I showed the letters to Stephen.

“What is next?”

“I file a court request to declare Ann Marie legally incapacity. Thanks to your system, I can do that filing now.”

“Now?”

“Yes, want to come and see the marvels of your intelligence being employed by a lawyer who passed the bar in the upper 90 percent,” I said this as I was kissing him.

Within 20 minutes, I sent a notification to the addresses on Mr. James’s letters. I sent a petition to Judge Howard requesting a hearing to declare Ann Marie legally incapable of making financial decisions.

“When Ann Marie gets her letter, she will be calling them to find out how soon she will get what’s coming to her.”

“Yes, she will be surprised to learn that she will have to deal with me.”

Two days later, we got a message from Randy. "Ann Marie received a letter from a lawyer. I’m not sure what it said, but she has started to pack. Eva said she wants to check her luggage.”

“Evidently, she has received the letter and now thinks she can spend that money as she wants. That won’t happen.”

I sent a letter to Mr. James informing him that Mrs. Struthers had received her letter.

And now I waited for the bomb to land.

“Tim, let’s go and see Mom and Dad. We can catch up with Randy.’

“That’s a good idea, we can stop at the Parkers, and I’ll make an offer on the farm.”

I called Judge Howard and made an appointment. I told Stephen to notify Randy that we would be down on the weekend.

 

It had been quite a while since we had driven to my home. Randy ran out to meet us as soon as we pulled into the driveway. As usual, Stephen got the first hug.

Walking into the kitchen, Mom and Aunt Clara looked exhausted. “Mom, Aunt Clara, pack a bag. You will come back to our place when we leave. I have a court appointment, and that shouldn’t take long. It’s going to get uncomfortable around here pretty soon. Is she still hibernating in Eva’s room?”

“Yes, ever since she had received that letter, she has been expecting dinner delivered. Randy has been spending his free time at the Parkers.”

“Where is Dad?”

“He’s still at work. He’ll be here at 8.

“I need to talk to Dad.”

That evening, after dinner, Dad and I took a walk. Stephen and Randy went to his room. I think Stephen had some new gimmicks for Randy’s computer system.

“Dad, I’ve asked Mom and Aunt Clara to go back with me. I have a meeting with a judge that will give me control of Ann Marie’s money. They had a lodge in the mountains on a lake. That is where she will stay. I’ll hire a person to cook and clean the lodge for her. I’ll give her an allowance and a limited credit card. I’ll monitor her expenditures. She will be comfortable, but she won’t have an unlimited amount of money. I have a meeting Monday with Judge Howard to have her declared legally incapacitated. Dad, she’s going to be a witch on wheels when she realizes I’ll be controlling her finances.”

“You know she will be screaming when she finds out.”

“Don’t worry, Dad. I’ll have control of the purse strings, and if she becomes a problem, then instead of living in a comfortable lodge, she’ll be living in a one-bedroom apartment without a maid or cook.”

“I hope you are right.”

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 14
  • Haha 7
  • Wow 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Tim is definitely doing the right thing but I'm curious what threshold does he have to meet to declare AM legally incapable of controlling her money ?Yes you can show what a moron she  is by showing how she ran thru $10,000 but it's not illegal to be stupid I guess the judge must have a lot of discretion.

I loved the line" Eva said she wants to check her luggage.”

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Karma is a bitch and this one deserves all she has coming! I just hope Timothy remembers to pay himself for all the legal hours he's billed the ungrateful one. 😉

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Timothy is not a person you would want to have angry at you.  Just wha a holier than thou  big sister needs from her much ignored little brillant brother.   I will enjoy finding out how she will react to the judge when she gets the news.  

I think big sis my just end up living in a one room effiency home with Timothy controlling her funds.  This will be a coming chapter that may rival the July 4, fireworks displays. 

Gotta see this soon..

  • Like 5
Link to comment
21 hours ago, drsawzall said:

What a brilliant twist...a legendary move and I love it!!!

I'm afraid if I was Tim. she would be in a home run by Nuns.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
21 hours ago, mikedup said:

Brilliant move, Anne is going to throw one hell of a hissy fit, when she finds out the terms but she will be out for blood but then I think When she finds out that she could end up in a 1 bedroom apartment, I think that she will finally realise that karma  is a serious player in the payback department, and she really needs a huge big karmic slap in the face, let's wait for the fireworks, 

You are right about that.. I think Tim will have to put her in a one bedroom apartment. I would have her committed to a nunnery.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
19 hours ago, mfa607 said:

😂 this is going to be fun! Thank you. 

For Tim but not Ann Marie

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
19 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Remember me never to get on the wrong side of Tim. Ann Marie is gonna go ballistic when she finds out that Tim is controlling her and her money.

Sometime one gets what they deserve. A naughty child may get a swat on the back side.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
19 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Tim is definitely doing the right thing but I'm curious what threshold does he have to meet to declare AM legally incapable of controlling her money ?Yes you can show what a moron she  is by showing how she ran thru $10,000 but it's not illegal to be stupid I guess the judge must have a lot of discretion.

I loved the line" Eva said she wants to check her luggage.”

 

Judge Howard is one of the judges that live in the city where Tim's parents live. Small towns have a gossip line that beasts the newspaper. I'm sure he is up on the gossip. Tim can make a legal case of her not being able to manage money. He has copies of her bank accounts. I think he will get what he wants.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
14 hours ago, Chris L said:

Karma is a bitch and this one deserves all she has coming! I just hope Timothy remembers to pay himself for all the legal hours he's billed the ungrateful one. 😉

I'm sure he will do that. And that alone will cause someone to fly off the handle.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
11 hours ago, bottomguy said:

Timothy is not a person you would want to have angry at you.  Just wha a holier than thou  big sister needs from her much ignored little brillant brother.   I will enjoy finding out how she will react to the judge when she gets the news.  

I think big sis my just end up living in a one room effiency home with Timothy controlling her funds.  This will be a coming chapter that may rival the July 4, fireworks displays. 

Gotta see this soon..

This my be a one way road to a mental asylum 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Love it! Love it! Time is definitely not one to be messed with!!! Absolutely in love him.🥰

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..