Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 721 Words
  • 1,637 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 84. Chapter 84

The next morning, sitting at the breakfast table, I noticed Mom’s eyes were red as if she had been crying. Looking at Dad, I could see the hurt in his eyes.

Stephen had made breakfast, “We have a new chef this morning.” It was as if I never spoke. No response. Mom and Dad were miles away. I excused myself and called the hospital. I wanted to arrange a meeting with Ann Marie for Mom and Dad. Talking with Ann Marie’s doctor, he agreed to a luncheon date. I insisted he was there, and he said he would be glad to attend. Thinking about his response, he was quite happy to be included. I need to ponder his response but not now.

Returning to the kitchen, “Mom, Dad, I have arranged for you to have lunch with Ann Marie. Her doctor will accompany you.”

That seemed to enlighten the mood. Stephen and I left for work. There was one more loose end, and that was to get Eva and John here. Then I can focus on my lawsuit.

 

When I thought I started to see an end to all of this turmoil, the company I used to process my summons called to say that the address I gave them was wrong. There was no one living at that address. The building manager said the people that lived there moved out last week. I was afraid that Bruce’s friends would have tipped him off when they read the newspaper article about the DA issuing an arrest warrant. Now I needed Donnie.

During lunch, I told Stephen about my phone call. “Tim, what’s our next move?”

I looked at Stephen, and my problem now became our problem. I leaned over the table and kissed him. I heard a few giggles, and Gramps clapped. Between Stephen and I, we updated Gramps. He knew about Ann Marie, but he didn’t know about Tom.

 

Walking home, “Are you going to contact Donnie?”

“No, he already knows. I expect tonight he will tell me where Bruce is. I know where ever he is, it would be an English-speaking country or a country where most people speak English. Our high school only taught Latin as a language.

“Why does any school teach Latin anymore? Spanish would be more important in your city.”

“I’m glad they don’t teach Spanish. If Bruce knew how to speak Spanish, he could vanish anywhere south of our border. Now he needs to go to a country where English is spoken.”

“There are people in Latin America who speak English.”

“True, but he will need to work. Donnie will tell me tonight.”

“Who’s car is that?”

“I don’t know. It isn’t John or Eva’s.”

“They may have a new car.”

Walking into the house, I saw Mom, Dad, John, Eva, and two people I didn’t know sitting drinking coffee at the dining room table. “We saw the car parked out front and didn’t know who was here. I’m glad to see you. But I don’t know you.”

“I’m John’s father.”

“Nice to meet you.”

I looked for Stephen to introduce him. Turning, there he was, carrying Eva Marie. I should have known.

I would help Mom make dinner, but Eva and Mrs. Aspin told me they would help. Dad took Mr. Asp[in and John to the basement. Stephen, with Eva Marie, headed upstairs to change and sort out sleeping arrangements. “We will need to give up our bedroom.”

“That is okay. We can manage with the bed in Randy’s room.”

I was anxious to know how lunch went, but I would have to wait to speak to Dad.

Dinner reminded me of the old days. We talked and talked, laughed and laughed, of course, Stephen ignored us as he was too busy with Eva Marie. I smiled. He’s going to be a great father.

That night, Donnie came with a new address for Bruce. He was in Canada. The firm he worked for had a Canadian office, and he transferred there. I got the address. I’ll notify the DA in the morning, and he can serve the arrest warrant. Until he’s brought back to the US, I’ll wait to sue him. I slept well in the arms of my husband. Little Eva Marie slept next to Stephen in her bassinet.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 24
  • Love 17
  • Haha 1
  • Fingers Crossed 4
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well Bruce can run but he cannot hide , Donnie is on the case,  I think he wants justice even more than Tim, so mom has told dad and I don't think it went well, but I hope they can overcome the major problem , and the whole family bar AM is together, 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I can’t imagine how Dad must feel now that he knows mom has basically not been truthful with him for some 40 years. I know my trust in someone I thought I knew would completely be broken and very hard to restore. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

With Eva Marie arrival I'm thinking  Stephen and Tim will be adopting sooner rather then later.

There's a extradition treaty with Canada Bruce had to have known that but perhaps because he doesn't know about Donnie he wasn't worried.Has anything Bruce done be considered a capital offense? .I only ask that because in the past Canada has refused to return Americans because of the death penalty.

What kind of school district doesn't offer Spanish in this day and age?I know the town is small but the district covers a wider area it looks like they are as backwards as the town is.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 1/25/2022 at 11:01 AM, chris191070 said:

It's no surprise that Bruce has done a runner. He can run, but he can't hide.

Donnie will always find him for Tim.

It looks like Mum told Dad.

Yes, I guess it was. okay even though about 20 years to late. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 1/25/2022 at 11:22 AM, mikedup said:

Well Bruce can run but he cannot hide , Donnie is on the case,  I think he wants justice even more than Tim, so mom has told dad and I don't think it went well, but I hope they can overcome the major problem , and the whole family bar AM is together, 

I think Donnie remembers the abuse Tim and he got when they were in school. Probably bruce reminds him of someone. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 1/25/2022 at 11:27 AM, dutch woman said:

 

But I don’t know you.”  “I’m John’s father.”

???

He was at Eva and John's wedding, wasn't he?

He probably was, but I don't know. if Tim and Stephen met him. I know they met John's mother when Eva had Eva Marie..

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 1/25/2022 at 12:04 PM, drsawzall said:

Nail that bastard Bruce to the frigging wall!!

Way to go Donnie, little Eva Marie has captivated Stephen's heart!!

Let's hope mom and dad are working things out!

It will take time for mom and dad to work things out but they will. AM will be key to that.

Donnie is on his tail. if bruce knew he would be shitting his pants

  • Like 5
Link to comment
22 hours ago, Christopher said:

I can’t imagine how Dad must feel now that he knows mom has basically not been truthful with him for some 40 years. I know my trust in someone I thought I knew would completely be broken and very hard to restore. 

I agree and I think mom has a long road to walk. AM will be the key.  To forgive is easy but to forget takes much, much longer.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
21 hours ago, weinerdog said:

With Eva Marie arrival I'm thinking  Stephen and Tim will be adopting sooner rather then later.

There's a extradition treaty with Canada Bruce had to have known that but perhaps because he doesn't know about Donnie he wasn't worried.Has anything Bruce done be considered a capital offense? .I only ask that because in the past Canada has refused to return Americans because of the death penalty.

What kind of school district doesn't offer Spanish in this day and age?I know the town is small but the district covers a wider area it looks like they are as backwards as the town is.

I don't think the death penalty applies here. A prison term most likely. Bruce doesn't know about Donnie but he will find someone among his friends to blame.  I took French in the early 50's in high school. No one in my neighborhood spoke French, they should have taught Italian which the older people spoke. I think schools hire language teacher and that is the language they teach.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
17 hours ago, Kev said:

I remember the days when a baby slept in the moses basket next tot he bed. Only trouble was with several little ones, by the time we woke in the morning there was also at least one with his foot in my face and another kicking me elsewhere. Such a wonderful way to wake up! NOT !!! I always woke about three in the morning and ended up being kicked out and sleeping on the sofa. 

I think I love Donnie as much as I love the guys. Go Tim, go!!! Get the b*****d back in the country and, as my dad used to say, make sure he can't do that ever again. Dad used to say "B******D needs his bo****KS chopped off!" Just think another soprano for the choir.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Your dad is a little drastic but I know where he is coming from.  I read something that rapists in prisons were given a drug that made them sterile. Of course the inmates had their own way.;

  • Like 5
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..