Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 683 Words
  • 1,412 Views
  • 19 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 82. Chapter 82

Rich phoned me at work. “Tim, all hell has broken loose here. The DA has issued an arrest warrant for Bruce, and they have identified you as the individual that has led to the arrest warrant. There is a line of Bruce supporters surrounding your home, and the DA has sent the police to protect your home and your parents.”

“Rich, are you able to make contact with my dad?”

“Yes, I can get a message to him.”

“Tell him to pack enough clothes for several weeks and to come to my home. He may need police help to prevent anyone from attacking his car.”

I called Stephen. I didn’t know where he was working today. He came rushing into my office, “What’s up? By the tone of your voice, I figured you were hurt or something.”

“Rich called; Mom and Dad are coming here.” I proceeded to tell Stephen what Rich told me.

“Tim, there may be more people in danger. You need to get in touch with John and Eva,”

He was right, and I had forgotten that they live in the city as well. I need to talk to Eva.

At lunchtime, I called Eva at their home, and there was no answer. I called John at the hospital, and he wasn’t working. “Did you call John or Eva?”

“I tried to call Eva at their home, and she wasn’t home, and I left a message to call me as soon as possible. Then I tried John at the hospital, but they said he wasn’t working.”

“Try his parents. You don’t suppose he is at your Dad’s home.”

I felt stupid when he said, “I’m glad I married you. I haven’t talked to Dad or Mom, and I talked only with Rich. I’ll call Dad now.”

I don’t know how I overlooked not calling Dad. “Mom, have you and Dad talked to Rich?”

“Your Dad has. He is packing our suitcases in the car.”

“Mom, where are Eva and John? I tried calling them and got no answer.”
“Eva and John are at John’s parents’ house.”

“Do you have their phone number? I need to talk to them.”

I could tell Mom wasn’t too happy about what was happening. I guess I’ll take the heat for this, at least in her mind.

I called John at his parents’ home. “John, are you and the family alright?”

“Yes, my parents don’t live in your state. When we read about the riot at the Courthouse, I asked for a leave, and I hadn’t taken any time off since Eva and I went on our honeymoon cruise.”

“Mom and Dad are coming up to my home. You and Eva are welcome to join us. Maybe you can arrange to have Eva Marie baptized while you are here.”

That evening walking home, I told Stephen about inviting John and Eva to join us. He squeezed my hand, and I knew why. He would see little Eva Marie. I couldn’t wait until our lives returned to normal.

“It would make sense to have Eva Marie baptized while they are here. Do you think Ann Marie could attend a baptism?”

“I don’t know, but I can’t see why not. She has been going to dinner with us, so she can have breakfast with us.”

“We’ll have to make arrangements for the baptism.”

“That won’t be a problem. I’ll contact a branch of our church here to perform the baptism. But first, we need to have John and Eva here.”

Mom and Dad arrived just as we were getting home. I helped Dad bring their luggage in. Mom headed to the kitchen, and Stephen and Dad left to buy dinner at Randy’s pizza place.

Walking into the kitchen, Mom was making coffee. “Mom, what’s wrong?”

Looking at me, I could see the tears in her eyes. “Mom, sit down, I’ll make coffee, and you can tell me what is bothering you.”

Over a cup of coffee, “Tim, this is all my fault.”

“Mom, tell me why you feel all of this is your fault. "

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 24
  • Love 13
  • Wow 7
  • Sad 3
  • Angry 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

2 hours ago, Kev said:

Now we have it... Mum... but just what is behind all of this to make her feel like that? Must admit that mum being involved with Bruce somehow does seem possible. She was a lot younger then, maybe they had an affair and when she spurned him, he went for her daughter. Good looking MILF, hey you never know.

I'll go you one better if you believe that kind of behavior is hereditary.Maybe Bruce is a product of a rape ...Mum's rape I sure hope not  though it would explain  a lot.

I came back to edit this after thinking about I don't believe Mum would have allowed Bruce to do therapy if that's the case but I suppose it's possible if that happened she put him up for adoption and didn't know the name of the baby .

Edited by weinerdog
  • Like 4
Link to comment
9 hours ago, mikedup said:

Finally mom can clear her chest of the drama that she has carried for the last few decades, I wonder what new information she is going to deliver, we seem to be going from 1 cliffhanger to the next

Image result for January 6 Lemmings Jump Off Cliff      I thought the January 6 lunch menu said Lemmon Pie

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
20 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Well that community has its priorities. Rape?..eh but two people being gay?THAT's different

Every community has problems but this community ignored the problem because one person who knew and could have solved the problem kept quiet. The spa grew into a wild fire.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
20 hours ago, Bft said:

What will we learn from Mum's comment that it’s all her fault? 
I wonder if she had a baby to another man before she met her husband and Bruce is that baby, she put him up for adoption? 

No, that isn't it..   Her fear is they would find out...........

  • Like 2
Link to comment
18 hours ago, Kev said:

Now we have it... Mum... but just what is behind all of this to make her feel like that? Must admit that mum being involved with Bruce somehow does seem possible. She was a lot younger then, maybe they had an affair and when she spurned him, he went for her daughter. Good looking MILF, hey you never know.

You have a very imaginative mind.  I think for my next story I'll consult with you. Have you ever written a story for this site?  You should give it a try. Mom comes clean

  • Like 3
Link to comment
16 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Image result for January 6 Lemmings Jump Off Cliff      I thought the January 6 lunch menu said Lemmon Pie

I need to go and check. Lemmon should be Lemon

  • Like 2
Link to comment
54 minutes ago, CLJobe said:

I need to go and check. Lemmon should be Lemon

Cal, NO need to check.

I was 'trying' to be funny by referencing 'cliffhangers' with Lemmings and pie. 

There's a saying somewhere that if you have to explain a joke, it's not so funny. Hmmm. Like trying to explain honesty to a politician (another attempt at humor. Stopping now ;-0 )

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

There is a famous quote from history that puts much of this in perspective...

It's not what you don't know, that gets you into trouble...

It's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Judging by the reaction from the protestors...it's easy to see what crowd they follow and let others do their thinking for them!!!

One has to wonder what Mom has to say.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..