Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 852 Words
  • 1,684 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 47. Chapter 47

Arriving home, I was tired, and I wasn’t sure if it was physical or emotional tiredness. I was ready to sleep in my bed. “Stephen, I need to go to bed. For some reason, I’m exhausted.”

“Let’s take a shower, and then I’ll give you a massage. You’ll sleep better with having a massage.”

It’s not very often we go to sleep without making love, and tonight was one of those nights.

 

Tim was still sleeping when I went and startled the coffee. I knew when he would smell the coffee, he would come to the kitchen. To make sure. I poured my cup while standing at the bottom of the stairs. I heard him get out of bed, and then I saw him coming down the stairs. I forgot that we sleep naked. And there was Tim, rubbing his eyes, completely naked. I put my arm around him, guiding him to the kitchen. I sat down, and he sat on my lap as we shared my coffee.

I watched as he slowly came fully awake. He looked at me, smiled, kissed me. “I love you. Shower time.”

He ran upstairs with me following. I had to admire the sight before me as I reached and pinched some cheeks.

Showered, dressed, we had our breakfast and walked to work. “Gramps was excited when you told him about suing Key Electronics for patent infringement.”

“Yes, I think that case was like a festering sore. This time we have them.”

 

Lunchtime, Gramps joined us. We discussed the case, and Stephen showed him the competition’s circuit with the platinum wire. Gramps’s smile said it all.

 

Walking home, “I don’t think there will be a trial with Key Electronics. Gramps will call their CEO, tell him what we found. They will settle an upfront payment and then a royalty on future sales.”

“I wanted to go to court.”

“Really, why?”

“I wanted to showcase my courtroom demeanor.” Then we both laughed.

 

I called Eva after dinner for an update. I knew Dad would agree to do anything to see Ann Marie. “How was Ann Marie after we left?”

“At first, she didn’t remember you being there. Then when John and I started to tell her some of ‘the plans you had for her, she asked if Stephen was here. I don’t think she even heard anything we said about your plans for her.”

“What happened when Dad was there?”

“She asked for Mom.”

“What did he say?”

“She was ill, and as soon as she was feeling better, she would come and see her.”

“Sooner or later, we will have to let her visit. Ask John when would be the best time, and Eva, don’t let Mom alone with her. Any progress made will be reversed.”

“I’ll let you know when she will be coming.”

We hung up, and I promised to call her in a few days.

“What’s happening?”

“Dad visited, and she asked for Mom. I’ll call Dad at work tomorrow and see what he thinks. I told Eva that sooner or later, we’ll need to let Mom visit.”

“Has John run all of the tests he talked about?”

“I don’t know, I’ll ask him. I was wondering, if we knew how to get her just to listen, she might realize that what I have proposed for her is the best option she has.”

“Maybe she needs to hear that from another lawyer. I think as soon as she sees you, she shuts down.”

“That might work. I’ll have Dad contact a lawyer. We can meet with that lawyer, explain our position and Ann Marie’s problem. If he tells her that it is in her best interest to take my offer, she just might calm down.”

 

The next day at work, Gramps called me to his office. When I entered, Stephen was there.

“Timothy, before we go to court against Key Electronics, I want to have a meeting with their CEO. They operate in a different market, so I thought a court case would be a one-shot deal. If their CEO is willing, I’ll ask for a settlement of cash upfront and then a percentage of their circuit board sales that use our technology. What do you think?”

“We can try that. We’ll save the expense of the trial. And it will give us some insight into a different market. You will probably have to negotiate a term agreement.”

“Good, we will try that and see what happens. Draw up a contract, and I’ll contact Key Electronics and set up a meeting.”

 

Walking home, “I watched your face when Gramps was talking. I think you were a little disappointed.”

“At first, but as I thought about it as he was talking, it made sense. Until the issues with Ann Marie are settled, I doubt if I could take the time to prepare for a trial.” I got a smile and a squeeze for that.

It did settle one thing in my mind. I must resolve open issues with Ann Marie before it begins impacting my work.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 38
  • Love 14
  • Wow 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Sad 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Gramps is right, in the long term they stand to make much more $$ in royalties!!

I feel for Tim's father and hope he pulls through just fine!!

  • Like 5
Link to comment

The glimpse we saw of the depth of Timothy and Stephen's relationship was beautiful and breathtaking. Stephen loves Timothy deeply and fully and was so refreshing to see the reciprocation of one spouse taking care of the other in a time of need and love. So enjoyed that beauty on this wonderful Saturday morning! Thank You! ❤️

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Tim and Stephen have a great relationship.

Gramps is clever, trying to solve it without a court case, they'll save money and make money.

The Ann Marie problem needs solving quit soon or it will start to affect Tim and Dad as well as Ann Marie and Mum

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Awesome chapter, they have a really good relationship, I agree maybe getting another lawyer to explain the Ann MAYBE JUST MAYBE she will see that it is in  her best interest to agree , I agree maybe a negotiated settlement with the opsition will bear more fruit

  • Like 4
Link to comment
4 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Gramps is right, in the long term they stand to make much more $$ in royalties!!

I feel for Tim's father and hope he pulls through just fine!!

Yes, a royalty is the best way, as long as Key industries is operating. Gramps has an income.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Christopher said:

The glimpse we saw of the depth of Timothy and Stephen's relationship was beautiful and breathtaking. Stephen loves Timothy deeply and fully and was so refreshing to see the reciprocation of one spouse taking care of the other in a time of need and love. So enjoyed that beauty on this wonderful Saturday morning! Thank You! ❤️

You are welcome. Love is more than starry eyes looks, it goes deeper and there is no question that Stephen is totally in love with Tim. I think Tim reciprocates that love as well. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
4 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Tim and Stephen have a great relationship.

Gramps is clever, trying to solve it without a court case, they'll save money and make money.

The Ann Marie problem needs solving quit soon or it will start to affect Tim and Dad as well as Ann Marie and Mum

I agree and I think the solution is over John's head. Tim is giving it one last try. Then he will have to make a serious decision that will have long term effects with Mom.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
4 hours ago, mikedup said:

Awesome chapter, they have a really good relationship, I agree maybe getting another lawyer to explain the Ann MAYBE JUST MAYBE she will see that it is in  her best interest to agree , I agree maybe a negotiated settlement with the opsition will bear more fruit

This will be Tim's last effort before he takes the next step off committing her to special hospital that can deal with the emotional problem. It certainly can't go on like it has.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

AM reaction to Stephen is puzzling she does know he's gay right?What I'm about to say is nuts but AM is nuts so maybe she has a dumb scheme in her head to take Stephen away from Tim

  • Like 2
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Link to comment

Ann Marie is a sad little figure, but why can't she get past the past and see that Tim is really trying to help her? Mum? I just think that she is a lost case and I'm honestly worried about what will happen.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
20 hours ago, weinerdog said:

AM reaction to Stephen is puzzling she does know he's gay right?What I'm about to say is nuts but AM is nuts so maybe she has a dumb scheme in her head to take Stephen away from Tim

I'm not sure if Stephen being gay is an issue. AM will do anything to hurt Tim. if taking Stephen away will hurt Tim then she'd try. of course she is stupid, there is no way anyone will take Stephen away from Tim.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
19 hours ago, Kev said:

Ann Marie is a sad little figure, but why can't she get past the past and see that Tim is really trying to help her? Mum? I just think that she is a lost case and I'm honestly worried about what will happen.

Hate always leaves a mark, not only on the heart but in the eyes as well. She hates Tim so much that her eyes are blinded to what he is trying to do.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..