Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,046 Words
  • 1,720 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 51. Chapter 51

Arriving back home, “Stephen, before I move Ann Marie, we will stay a weekend there. Do you think Mom, Dad, and Gramps would like to have a long weekend there?”

“Could we do that? We don’t own it.”

“I think as long as I’m Ann Marie’s guardian, I think we can. I’ll need to check it out before I move her there.”

He just smiled.

 

Randy kept us informed on what was happening at home. The Parkers have moved, and he was in the process of moving his computer equipment. Dad was helping. Mom was seeing a doctor, not John. Dad had arranged for a psychiatrist to take her on as a patient.

Eva and John’s wedding is four weeks away, and they are getting excited. Randy will be in the wedding party.

 

Every Friday, we met with the doctors at the hospital. Ann Marie was coming along fine,

“Tim, what do you remember about her high school experiences.”

“Nothing, I was 8 when she was a senior. I knew she was popular. There was always some boy picking her up.”

“We used hypnosis to try and understand her. We can take her back to her senior year in high school, but then she blacks out. From what we can tell, something happened in her senior year that has blocked her memory.”

“I’m not aware of anything.”

“Tim, your mom must remember. That may be the reason she is acting like she is.”

“You may be right. Doctor, I’ll try and find out.”

Leaving the hospital, “Stephen, what would block someone’s memory. It would have to be something horrible.”

“Maybe we can look at the newspapers when she was in high school. If something major happened, it should be there.”

That meant we would have to go home. “Okay, Friday after work, we will drive down. Plan on staying at that motel.”

“Let’s stay at the farm. I could help Randy set up his computer.”

“Okay, call him and tell him to keep it a secret.”

 

Friday after work, we headed south. Arriving at the farm, Randy was glad to see us. Aunt Clara was there, and she had made a vegetable soup. “I’ll heat the soup.”

Stephen and Randy went to check out his computer set-up. I sat in the kitchen, remembering. “I’m going for a walk, Aunt Clara. Ring the bell on the back porch when the soup is hot, and Randy and Stephen are back.”

I walked to the barn, remembering. “Donnie, when I retire, I’m going to raise goats again.” I felt a hand on my shoulder, thinking it was Stephen, “Are we ready to eat?” I turned, and there was no one there. “Donnie,” memories flooded my mind. Then I heard the bell. I took one look around and headed to the kitchen.

“Did you have a nice walk?”

“Yes, I met someone who reminded me of the love I share with you.” Stephen didn’t know what I had in store for him.

Dinner was good. I’m not sure if it was the food or the company. But I was happy.

The next morning, we went to the library. I read the newspaper archives when Ann Marie was in high school. Nothing in her freshman year would create a problem, and the sophomore year was similar. There was an Article about the cheerleaders winning a state competition in their junior year. By this time, I was getting discouraged. “Stephen, let’s go and get some lunch,” I told the librarian. I’ll be back to continue my search.

We went to one of the local cafes frequented by students. Walking into the cafe brought back memories, some good and some bad. Donnie and I came here late, so we didn’t have to put up with any hassles. I went to the counter and ordered two specials with salads and coffees. I paid, then went and sat down at the table where Stephen was sitting.

“This was a favorite hanging out spot for the teens when I lived here.”

“Did you and Donnie come here?”

“Yes”

“Tim, what’s wrong?”

“We only came here when no one else was here. Then we started to pack our lunch, and we would walk down to the river and eat our lunch there. The kids were cruel, and my best friend turned against us, he was the worse one.”

“Let’s finish eating and get back to the library.”

“Tim, look.”

I looked at the slide. ' Police are looking for the three boys involved in the molestation of a senior girl. The boys are being charged with kidnapping and rape. Anyone with information concerning these boys and this incident is requested to contact the police.'

It seemed a light turned on. If Ann Marie was the girl, it would explain her hatred for me. The more I thought, the more things started to make sense. Her hatred of me, marrying an older man who probably was beyond any sexual activity. Mom must have known.

I looked at Stephen, “We need to get that information to her doctors. I feel sorry for her to have to undergo that and have her dealing with that for 20 years.”

We drove back to the farm. I packed what little I unpacked. Stephen told Randy we needed to return home. “Tim needs to talk with Ann Marie’s doctor. Bring your mom up to see us next weekend. I have some new gadgets for you.”

 

Driving home, “Tim, what will the doctors do with that information?”

“I am hoping that will be the key to unlock her mind. To think she has carried that guilt with her all of these years.”

“Guilt? She shouldn’t feel guilty, and she didn’t start it. She was a victim.”

“Yes, she was a victim, but those boys will say she asked for it. She dressed provocatively, probably flirted, and became too friendly. She may have thought she was kidding around, but they didn’t like being made a fool of by the way she acted. I remember the guys would say a certain girl was a cock tease, and she would lead them on and stop when they were aroused. If Ann Marie did that, she might have gone too far.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Love 3
  • Wow 4
  • Sad 15
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This was an unexpected twist, the 3 boys who did this need to be held accountable. 

I wonder if the trauma Ann Marie suffered and mum's interference precluded the 3 boys being named and/or charged???

  • Like 5
Link to comment
8 hours ago, CLJobe said:

AM was a tease. Sometimes those that tease cause those they tease to become angry and look for revenge.

Being a tease is still no excuse for those boys to attack her, I don’t care how angry they were.  People can get angry.  Fine.  That doesn’t mean you can retaliate.  I understand these were teenagers who didn’t have complete control of their emotions or hormones, and therefore, reactions. They still had no right to harm another human being.  They must be held accountable for their actions.  However, the statute of limitations will probably prevent that from happening, unless something like the #MeToo movement gets involved somehow.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
2 hours ago, dutch woman said:

Yes, that is so true.

But for now it is important, in addition to psychotherapie for AM and mom, that they find the boys who abused AM.

Punishing them will help healing AM.

I'm no law expert but I think the statute of limitations might be up I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but how about a civil suit?Tim is a lawyer so maybe🤔

  • Like 5
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..