Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 844 Words
  • 1,591 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 160. Chapter 160

Now, we needed to go to the hospital to see Franz’s mother. I knew this wouldn’t be easy. Hans brought the car around. I took Franz’s hand and had him sit on my lap. “Franz, you know your mom is very, very ill. There is a possibility that she might be in a coma and not be able to see you or talk to you. But I know if she joins our Lord, she will be free of all pain and be able to look after you from Heaven. You need to be brave. I will always be there for you.”

Walking into the hospital was an experience for me as well. People stopped, bowed their heads as I followed Hans to her room. When we entered her room, she was still breathing, but the doctor said it could happen at any moment. Franz went and took her hand. He said he loved her and would never forget her. He leaned over and kissed her then the beeper went off. She was gone.

Franz began to cry. I picked him up and held him close. I thought Dad, if possible, send his mother to him in his dreams tonight. He didn’t have to go through this. Before we left, we went to the chapel to pray. I told Hans to arrange a funeral and obtain a land plot in the cemetery for her burial.

We left to go back to the Palace. When we got there, Adam and Marie took him to the private living room. I told Marie what happened, and she also went to the living room.

I called my ministers to determine the procedure for adoption. They suggested that I do that in the US since that is my home country. That was easy for me; I got his papers from the ministry containing all of the birth registrations and the death certificates. I called my lawyers in the States, told them what I wanted. I sent them the papers by courier.

Now I have a funeral to oversee.

Frau Fischer was buried in the cemetery associated with the church she would have attended. I think she probably was one of the few the Archbishop had blessed. My heart went out to Franz. His mother meant a lot to him. Now I had the job to replace the pain with love. I would make that a priority.

It was two weeks after the funeral when Franz came to me. “I had a dream last night. My mother was in my dream.” I picked him up and sat him on my lap. “Tell me”

“My mother said she wasn’t in pain anymore and thanked me for bringing the Prince to her. I didn’t understand what she meant by that. She told me she loved me and would look after me from above. What did she mean?”

“Franz, your mother is in heaven with our Lord. I think she came to tell you that and not to worry. You are my son now. I’m your father, and Marie is your mother, and Adam and Marie is your brother and sister. Your mother loves you, and so do I.”

We cuddled for a while. I noticed a tear. It must be hard for a 12-year-old to try and understand what has happened. His father was dead, and now his mother. I had a job to make sure he is loved.

I spent a lot of time with my children. Running in the early morning, reading while Adam and Marie took lessons in speaking German while Franz took English lessons. It could get confusing as they practiced their language. As it always happens, a wrong verb or a wrong pronunciation caused many laughs. Laughing was good because it removes the stress and makes learning fun. With kids, once they find something to make you laugh, they do it more. I didn’t mind. It was good that they were laughing.

We welcomed the Prince and Princess back to Liechtenstein with a carriage parade. The people came out and cheered. I watched, Gerry was home and very much loved.

Our last night, Dad came to me in my sleep, thanking me for taking care of his son and his kingdom. “He will have a son in 12 months. He is to name his son Adam. It is a way to honor what you have done for him and me. I was told that my son would bring to me a man who would be the one to look after him. When I saw you, I knew it was you. You are a blessed man.” And then he was gone. I felt lost, but I knew I did everything he wanted me to do and didn’t need him anymore. He had Gerry now to guide.

Saying goodbye is always hard and saying goodbye to your son is doubly hard. On the flight home, Billy was telling Franz all about America and the Indians. Stephan was with us and Emma, our lone girl entrant for the Olympics.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
  • Love 17
  • Wow 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

The first part of the chapter was a real tearjerker. Franz really needed to have his mother come to him in his dream.

So Gerry will name his son  Adam you can't have too many Adams around

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

Dad will no longer be visiting Adam ... I'm sure that was hard on Adam after so many years of having a guardian angel and all the sudden he's vanished to be heard from no more. I'd miss that to be honest. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

A sad chapter, but he will certainly have a caring family to care for him , he will be a welcome addition to the family.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Kev said:

That took me back years... We were summoned to the hospital one night and when we got there it was too later, mum was gone. I remember sitting in that chapel, I can honestly say that I had never felt so lonely even though there were so many people with me. I just wish that my mam came to me in my dreams. There was once, but it was only a fleeting dream and someone woke me up. 

Franz has a future now, just like Gerry. I Gerry's father will ever visit Adam again? After all, Gerry and the country still has needs and Adam may still need guiding.

Fantastic chapter....:thankyou:

Hey I was the first... yeehaw!!!!

Yes, you are the first. As Gerry assumes more of his responsibility, Dad will guide Adam less and Gerry more. As it should be.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
10 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Franz whilst sad at his mother's death, will have a great father in Adam and great brothers and sisters.

Yes, Franz will never forget his mother but Adam and Marie will try and fill his vacancy.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
9 hours ago, weinerdog said:

The first part of the chapter was a real tearjerker. Franz really needed to have his mother come to him in his dream.

So Gerry will name his son  Adam you can't have too many Adams around

No, I wonder how many children are named after someone who was important to their parents. I was told it was an honor to name your child after someone important to you.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
8 hours ago, drsawzall said:

And the changes begun so long ago are beginning to bear fruit!

Yes, and we shall see where it leads

  • Like 3
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Chris L said:

Dad will no longer be visiting Adam ... I'm sure that was hard on Adam after so many years of having a guardian angel and all the sudden he's vanished to be heard from no more. I'd miss that to be honest. 

Yes, Adam will miss it. I think Dad will come to him when it is critical  and especially when Gerry is in danger.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, mikedup said:

A sad chapter, but he will certainly have a caring family to care for him , he will be a welcome addition to the family.

Adam and Marie will do everything they can to replace the loss Franz felt when his mother passed. But they can not replace her in his heart even as he develops a love for them as part of their family. The heart has many chambers, one will be occupied by his mother.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..