Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,287 Words
  • 2,489 Views
  • 22 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 71. Chapter 71

Able brought a sketch of my sign. “I like it, when can you start?”

“I have started, Mr. Rusello said you’d like it.”

“He’s right, I do like it.”

At dinner I was swamped with boys, “Sir, they said you are leaving, is that true?”

“What, leave my Knights? Did King Arthur ever leave his Knights? No, never. They will have to carry me out fighting all the way”

“You know what is going to happen?”

“My army is going to strike again?”

He nodded yes. And strike they did. My phone started to ring about 2:30. “Doc, how do you want me to answer the phone.”

“Take a message and tell them I’m currently inspecting the new gymnasium and you’ll see that I get the message as soon as I return.”

“May I ask Jane to come and answer one of the phones, I’m running between your office and mine.”

“Yes”

Then I laughed, my army has struck. Jane came, James told her what was happening. I left for a walk.

As I was walking among the back gardens, Joe saw me. “Sir, look” He took me by my hand and led me to a patch. “This is my herb garden.”

I bent over and pinched a leaf of a plant, he watched me, I smelled it, crumbled it, and smelled it again. “This smells like sage?”

He laughed, “No it’s Basel.”

“The boy knows.”

“Hello Charlie, how is our apprentice doing.”

I watched as Charlie put his hand on Joe’s shoulder. Joe just beamed. “This lad is a bright young man. He wants to be a farmer, and if he becomes one, I’ll bet it’ll be the best farm around.”

“Well, if that is the case, then we’ll make sure he gets the education to be the best farmer around. What do you do with the herbs you grow?”

“I buy them, with your money?”

“Hello Marcel, you are just the man I wanted to see. I’ve had a few requests for seafood, particularly what was brought from the pantry on the second floor.”

“Are there any dietary restrictions?”

“That never occurred to me, I need to check, I’ll let you know.” I knew from the receipts that we normally purchase beef, pork, and chicken.

I watched as Marcel spoke to Joey. Joey went and picked some herbs, gave them to him and Marcel gave him some money.

“He does that every day.”

“How much does he give him”

“50 cents to a dollar, depending on the amount, I’d hire him as a helper right now if he was old enough.”

I waved goodbye and gave Joe 5 coins. He smiled and headed for the snack machines.

When I got to the office, the madness continued.

“Doc, you need to start answering these calls.”

“Ok, start forwarding them to me.”

The calls were mostly that their sons were concerned I was leaving. That was easily put to bed. I explained there was some discussion about me leaving to teach teachers my methods, but I have decided this position is more important. They were relieved to hear that.

I told James he could relay that message.

One call was a little disturbing, it was from one of the trustees. He accused me of generating an uprising. I asked him if he had a son in our school, he said no. I told him my concerns are with my students, I am here to serve their best interests and I have no intentions of leaving my position at the academy. I don’t know if he was satisfied or not. James heard me and smiled.

Over the next few days, everything returned to normal, well as normal as it would get for me.

“Good morning, Richard”

“Sir, my dad would like to meet you this weekend at his hotel.”

“Richard, you tell your dad if he would like to rough it a little, he’d be welcome to spend the weekend at my cabin. And you could come with him.”

 

Billy showed up the next day. “Adam, Ann keeps calling saying she is pregnant and the baby is mine. I never had sex with her and she said she was on the pill. I think the real father if she is pregnant, must be that guy she dumped me for.”

“Don’t worry and I do know why you couldn't tell your father. Your dad’s a good guy but he’d believe her and not because of you but because she pushed you into it. Do you mind if I share this with Marie? How long did she say she was?”

“She said she missed her period the last three months.”

“You weren’t seeing her 3 months or 4 months ago. You broke up with her before your school started. That was almost 7 months ago. Don’t worry, it won’t fly. If she calls again, tell her you need to have a doctor to confirm the pregnancy.”

He smiled, he knew who the doctor would be. “Have you seen Johnny?”

“Not yet, I just arrived. I’ll catch him later. Can I stay at the cabin tonight?”

“Of course, you needn’t ask. Marie has the key if you need it. Billy, stay away from the diner. You can eat here as my guest tonight before you leave.”

I got a hug. James looked at me. I mouthed the word nephew.

The rest of the day was routine. Well, that is until supper. Lawrence, at Marcel’s request, asked about dietary restrictions. I expected quite a few, but Marcel said there aren’t any. I knew that the boys away from home wanted to experiment with foods they normally wouldn’t be privy to. I wanted to make sure they were not coached into their position. I asked Lawrence who are the boys that are or should be on dietary restriction. He gave me their names, I met with them, they indicated that they wanted to try seafood, but not pork. One said he tried it and didn’t like the taste.

I told Marcel to be sure to identify any dishes that contained pork, otherwise, everything else was ok.

Supper that night was a fish stew which was exceptional. I went for a second bowl, smaller than the first. All of the boys, including Billy, had two full bowls. Marcel was smiling and right next to him was Caleb. The sandwich counter was specializing in subs, small subs. I need to start an exercise program, I noticed a few clothes getting tight around the middle.

Walking back to my office, after checking out the study, Billy and Johnny met me. “Uncle Adam, can Johnny come with me to the cabin.”

“Billy that isn’t a problem except Johnny has classes tomorrow.”

“I’ll bring him here before classes start.”

I looked at Billy, “Ok, but Johnny is to be here for his first class.”

 

When I arrived at my office, I called Marie. Told her about Billy and a friend coming over to the cabin and could she arrange for some food, particularly in the morning. Billy needs to be here before his friend Johnny's first class. Then I told her about Ann. She said she is pregnant and she has a sample of the embryonic fluid to check. I asked how far along was she, her best estimate was between 3 and 4 months. She’ll know more after additional tests. I told her Billy said she was on the pill. She will check and see when the last prescription was filled.

I felt comfortable with Marie involved. Before Billy left I gave him a twenty for gas and whatever else he might need. I also told him Marie would have food for him.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 37
  • Love 14
  • Wow 2
  • Angry 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Marie was out of bounds,in violation of medical ethics and the law, to share Ann's medical info  with Adam. Doubly so if Ann happen to be under 18. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

OMG, that just tells you Billy is much better off WITHOUT Ann. First, they never had sex, so was it the 2nd immaculate conception??? Second, she told Billy she was on the pill ... why, to trick him into fatherhood / servitude for the rest of his life??? Run Billy, RUN!!!! Thank gawd for Uncles and that don't fly off the handle and reason through things. Marie will get to the bottom of this quickly and efficiently. Till then, stir clear Billy! 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I wonder if Ann is being pressured to name Billy as the father, I also wonder if the baby may be given up for adoption.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Anne became a player when she dumped Billy, now she has hit a wall she thinks that she can catch Billy, however Billy has a powerful ally in Marie , it may border on being unethical , but she will send Anne packing into her box, the army seems to have succeeded in this latest assault on Adam I wonder when the trustees are going to be dismissed from the board

  • Like 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, chris191070 said:

The Army struck again. I'm glad Billy went to Adam with his problem, as Adam and Marie will solve the problem for him.

Billy is lucky to have a confidant like Adam

  • Like 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, drsawzall said:

I wonder if Ann is being pressured to name Billy as the father, I also wonder if the baby may be given up for adoption.

You are uncanny.  Let's see if you are right.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, mikedup said:

Anne became a player when she dumped Billy, now she has hit a wall she thinks that she can catch Billy, however Billy has a powerful ally in Marie , it may border on being unethical , but she will send Anne packing into her box, the army seems to have succeeded in this latest assault on Adam I wonder when the trustees are going to be dismissed from the board

I think that if there is a baby, Adam and Marie will get involved in support of Billy. I think that they will be dissolved or limited on their influence on the operational of the school.  With the Knights, Adam has a strong army

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Forget the army striking, we all knew it would... What a bitch that Ann is turning out to be!!! Now I can see the possibility that Adam may become a daddy, because is she is too far to terminate and clearly does not want it if Billy proves he is not the father... Can you see Adam letting slip and be placed for forster care or adoption? NO... It would be too foreign to him to ignore its needs, he and Marie would become mom and dad.:hug:(fingers crossed Marie and Adam would be great mum and dad! Just think how please his momwould be:rofl:)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Chris L said:

OMG, that just tells you Billy is much better off WITHOUT Ann. First, they never had sex, so was it the 2nd immaculate conception??? Second, she told Billy she was on the pill ... why, to trick him into fatherhood / servitude for the rest of his life??? Run Billy, RUN!!!! Thank gawd for Uncles and that don't fly off the handle and reason through things. Marie will get to the bottom of this quickly and efficiently. Till then, stir clear Billy! 

I think Ann was and is history for Billy, he has moved on.  I would take a wild guess, the actual father is a low life and will not marry Ann.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
CLJobe

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Kev said:

Forget the army striking, we all knew it would... What a bitch that Ann is turning out to be!!! Now I can see the possibility that Adam may become a daddy, because is she is too far to terminate and clearly does not want it if Billy proves he is not the father... Can you see Adam letting slip and be placed for forster care or adoption? NO... It would be too foreign to him to ignore its needs, he and Marie would become mom and dad.:hug:(fingers crossed Marie and Adam would be great mum and dad! Just think how please his momwould be:rofl:)

Without busting your bubble, Adam and Marie will not adopt the child. They will work to discover who the father really is.

Edited by CLJobe
  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 minute ago, CLJobe said:

Without busting your bubble, Adam and Marie will not adopt the child. They will work to discover who the father really is.

Ahhh... Adam would be a great daddy:fight:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Kev said:

Ahhh... Adam would be a great daddy:fight:

Yes, he would. I have a feeling Adam will be involved

  • Like 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment

That BITCH!  First, she had the nerve to break Billy heart, and now she's pinning a kid on him.  That BITCH!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..