Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 926 Words
  • 2,361 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 30. Chapter 30

Arriving at the diner, the kids rushed out of the car before I turned the engine off. When I entered the diner, I didn’t see them right away. Ann’s mother brought a menu with a coffee and showed me a small booth next to a window. I ordered my breakfast and waited. My breakfast came, I finished my breakfast, paid, and got up to leave. If Billy came with me or not, he chose to make his statement and I’ll honor his choice.

Leaving the diner, I walked to the car slowly. I wanted to give him every chance to come with me. I started the car and as I was about to leave the parking lot, Billy came running out of the diner. I didn’t stop but I did slow up. He ran and stopped in front of me. I stopped, he opens the car door and got in. I just looked at him, he still looked angry. I couldn’t help it, I started to laugh and soon he was laughing as well.

“I’m sorry about this morning Billy. I didn’t want to come into your room as I wasn’t sure if you were alone or not. So I yelled Fire knowing that you would come out either alone or not. I’m sorry.”

“Why wouldn’t I be alone?”

“Billy I know how you feel about Ann. I hoped you wouldn’t have progressed to being sexually involved. I think Ann might be a little more forward and knowing how you feel about her. I just added the numbers and got two.”

“Do you think I’d have had sex with her?”

“It’s a possibility. You are young and you are a man. In all probability, if you like a girl and she is a little aggressive, then yes I think you would. Most boys would.”

“To be honest, I thought about it. Ann is a little pushy in that sense. She said she is on the pill.”

“Do you think she has had sex already?”

“She never said she did but now that I think about how some of the girls at school behave, I think she is a little aggressive. I know a lot of the boys complained about their girlfriends only letting them kiss them and nothing else.”

“I think it is natural for a boy to push for sex. Boy’s hormonal level is high when you are teenagers. I think it’s a result of primal need. Early man didn’t live as long as we do today. So if the tribe was to succeed they needed to propagate at a young age. Over the years, that's changed but the instincts have not changed. What young boys feel is the primitive need to produce children. Do you understand what I’m saying?”

“Yes, early man in order to survive had to have children, young people were the best opportunity since death occurred much earlier than today.”

“Good, so before I have my interview, I thought we could look over the town. Maybe get a newspaper, check out a place for lunch, and something for you to do while I interview this school. How does that sound?”

“How long does it take to drive there from the cabin?”

“I figure about 4 hours which should put us there about lunchtime.”

“I’m going to take a nap, some idiot woke me this morning.”

I reached over and ruffled his hair. The kid is ok.

I was surprised that it only took me 3 1/2 hours after I left the diner to pull into this little town where the school was located.

“Why did they build a school here? There’s nothing here.”

"I guessed that the school is 100 percent a boarding school. If it’s as prestigious as they say, then don’t be surprised if you see a heliport. It’s also more secure in a small town rather than a large city. I’m sure many of these businesses support the school.”

“These houses look huge and remind me of houses you see on Christmas Cards.”

“They are Victorian in design. Big, large rooms and very difficult to heat but a lot cooler in the summer due to the high ceilings and of course they all had large porches.”

“Not much of a yard”

“Most of them had gardens in the back of the property.”

“There’s a restaurant, want to try it?”

“Sure as good as any, check to see where we can get a newspaper.”

“The menu was quite impressive. There was no doubt that the businesses catered to the school. I have never paid 10 dollars for what turned out to be a cheeseburger, the cheese wasn’t the usual cheese and the meat was Wagyu beef. I asked Billy how he liked it, he said MacDonald’s better.

I still had time so we walked the street checking out a few shops. There was a newspaper stand where you could get a local paper as well as a Wall Street Journal and the New York Times. Slowly walking back to the car, we drove to the school.

Billy decided to wait in the car and read the newspaper while I went for my interview. I headed to what appeared to be the main entrance. One of the students asked if he could help me, I explained I was here to see Dr. McMillian. He pointed to the small building next to the entrance, “That’s his office building.”

I waved to Billy and headed to the small building. I noticed the student headed towards the car and Billy.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 35
  • Love 13
  • Haha 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

11 minutes ago, CLJobe said:

You are early, I just posted that chapter a few minutes ago.  Yes, Billy is a good kid but no kid would refuse a pushy girl who wants to. go further.

That discussion with Adam would. have been a little awkward if it was with his father

Yeah..my office re-opened yesterday, so no more working from home... and sleeping in a bit more..lol!!

Edited by mfa607
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
CLJobe

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, mfa607 said:

Yeah..my office re-opened yesterday, so no more working from home... and sleeping in a bit more..lol!!

😀  Have a good day. You haven't forgotten how to work in an office, have you?  No coffee breaks when the mood hits, can't run to the fridge for a snack, and that phone keeps ringing from all of your friends who aren't working wanting to chat. Have a good day

Edited by CLJobe
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
37 minutes ago, CLJobe said:

😀  Have a good day. You haven't forgotten how to work in an office, have you?  No coffee breaks when the mood hits, can't run to the fridge for a snack, and that phone keeps ringing from all of your friends who aren't working wanting to chat. Have a good day

Thank you!  EXACTLY!  I'm actually a WAH proponent.  I used to manage a 3 shift customer service team - most of 2 and 3 working from home.  My current boss is WAY behind the times.  I mostly miss being able to throw in laundry anytime during the day, unloading the dishwasher and having my evening libation ready at 5:01 PM! LOL!  

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
34 minutes ago, mfa607 said:

Thank you!  EXACTLY!  I'm actually a WAH proponent.  I used to manage a 3 shift customer service team - most of 2 and 3 working from home.  My current boss is WAY behind the times.  I mostly miss being able to throw in laundry anytime during the day, unloading the dishwasher and having my evening libation ready at 5:01 PM! LOL!  

lol

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I like Billy, he has sense and ain't going to get trapped. Not sure about the school though... will have to reserve my feelings till we find out more. Loving the story.:thankyou:

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Kev said:

I like Billy, he has sense and ain't going to get trapped. Not sure about the school though... will have to reserve my feelings till we find out more. Loving the story.:thankyou:

Billy is like most 17 year old boys. they react before they think, Adam will guided him 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Great chapter, I am surprised that Billy went with, but at least they had a good chat to dear the air you could say , we now await the interview

  • Like 4
Link to comment
33 minutes ago, mikedup said:

Great chapter, I am surprised that Billy went with, but at least they had a good chat to dear the air you could say , we now await the interview

It was better for Billy tol go then to be alone at the cabin. He has bonded with Adam  and looks forward to their interaction.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

It might have been a typo but in the opening sentence you wrote" kids"and then "them" but later I see that Scotty clearly wasn't there...uh-oh did they leave him at the diner LOL.

I heard of Kobe beef but what is Wagyu beef?

Edited by weinerdog
  • Like 4
Link to comment
20 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

It might have been a typo but in the opening sentence you wrote" kids"and then "them" but later I see that Scotty clearly wasn't there...uh-oh did they leave him at the diner LOL.

I heard of Kobe beef but what is Wagyu beef?

The kids where Ann and Billy. Wagyu beef  is the breed of beef raised in Japan. It is labeled and shipped depending on the region. Kobe comes from Kobe Japan, etc

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, drsawzall said:

The trap of thinking with the little head, the ruination of many a young man!!!

Yes, that little head can get you in trouble that will haunt you a life time.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Chris L said:

Eat. Fuck. Die. Damn, life was good back in the stone age! LOL!!! 

Of course that big animal is just waiting to take a. bite out of you.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..