Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 823 Words
  • 1,931 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 131. Chapter 131

The Holidays were fantastic. We had an early Christmas at the cabin. Then we flew to Liechtenstein for the rest of the holidays. The boys were great. Gunther was there, and he showed the boys around. I was surprised some of my new sons knew German. Marie and I had to attend several parties. I said had to, Marie said you must. Gerry was all smiles. What do you give a king for Christmas? I gave Gerry a plaque that summed up my philosophy on teaching and life.

“This is you. This is what you do. You live and practice this philosophy. I’m going to make it mine.”

I had tears in my eyes as I hugged this son of mine. I knew in my heart and mind that our country was going to prosper under his rule.

The holiday was over, and we had a goodbye party. I saw Anton and his grandmother, they were happy, and Anton said his grandmother is very happy, she has a lot of friends. I asked Anton if he would like to visit us at the school, he said he would, so we agreed that during the Easter break, he would come over.

One last carriage ride through our city, tossing small coins to those who came to see us off, then to the airport, and finally home.

The school was a buzz from everyone who had returned from the holidays. They thanked me again for the gifts. The Knights told us about their holiday, and my sons told them about ours. It seems everyone had a good time. “Lord James, how was your holiday?”

“I would like to introduce you all to Lady Ann.” He went and brought Annie to the table, the boys stood, rah rah rah. James’s smile couldn’t be any larger.

Later in my office, “Doc, we had such a great time. We missed you, but I understand why you couldn’t be there. I have pictures if you want to see them.”

“I want to see your pictures, and I’m truly sorry to miss your wedding.”

He brought the album of wedding pictures to my office, accompanied by Lady Ann. “Annie, your look lovely in these pictures. James, you better treat her right. Where are you living?”

“We’re staying with Annie’s parents.”

“James, you do know you are now staff.” I didn’t have to say anything more. He took Annie by the hand, and they left.

It took about two days before I was back in the groove. Jane had assigned one of her girls to work for James, with James’s concordance.

The ambassador called to see if we all got back okay. I told him I was glad to see him in Liechtenstein.

“Adam, we need to talk at the next Director’s meeting. I’ve told you who your sons are, and now we need to visit their countries, and you need to present yourself. Let’s talk about it when I’m there.”

I was quite excited about doing this. I knew who they were, and except for Richard and Gerry, they were the only ones I knew.

I’m always amazed at how fast life returns to normal. It’s like the holidays were a blip on the continuous cycle of life.=

Billy took a leave of absence and took his liberal art courses at King’s College. He intended to train for the Summer Olympics, which were just around the corner.

Easter break was upon us before we knew it. Most of the boys stayed at the school. Well, they stayed at the cabin. On Sunday morning, we went to the top of the hill behind the cabin and watched the sun come up. Caleb and Gaston came with a pan of hot chocolate, Marie and Mom helped to serve it to the boys.

“Dad, we know the background of Christmas, is there a similar background for Easter.”

“Yes, actually there is. The people who lived in Germany before Christianity celebrated this day as the day of new growth. It was the beginning of a new season. When Christianity started to move into the North country, they adopted the people’s customs only they defined it to support Christianity. New life was interpreted as Jesus’s resurrection and his teachings and thus Easter. Another custom of those early people was the egg. When you think about it, an egg represents life, the life of an animal. Again the Christians copied that, and now we have Easter Eggs. Most of the images that we associate with the holidays have come from early civilizations, except Thanksgiving, which comes from the Pilgrims in America. But we aren’t the only ones who celebrate Thanksgiving. For example, Canada also celebrates Thanksgiving but on a different date.”

“Dinner was a fantastic meal, and the chefs outdid themselves. I had a large chocolate egg for everyone. The boys being funny, wanted to know if there was a chocolate chicken in them.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 36
  • Love 17
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So a new semester is done and gone , it will be interesting to see which countries he now has a hand in via his sons

  • Like 5
Link to comment
13 minutes ago, mikedup said:

So a new semester is done and gone , it will be interesting to see which countries he now has a hand in via his sons

Think, the Father of a King or a multi-millionaire. What guiding responsibilities must Adam assume  

  • Like 5
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter. Life is moving along nicely for everyone.

Yes, everyone had an enjoyable holiday. It gave them a chance to meet all of their friends 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

With the adoptions complete and the backgrounds coming out, this gives a new meaning to King's College! For reals! LOL!!! 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
46 minutes ago, Chris L said:

With the adoptions complete and the backgrounds coming out, this gives a new meaning to King's College! For reals! LOL!!! 

Yes, I wonder if Adam knew this when he named the college as King's College

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
35 minutes ago, drsawzall said:

Be interesting to see exactly who the 4 new son's are, another great chapter!

It would be. I'm not sure Adam will tell us

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Did you know if you do only 29 more chapters(I say only like it's no deal but for you that may be accurate) you would have the longest story on GA ever?hint,hint

Edited by weinerdog
  • Like 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Did you know if you do only 29 more chapters(I say only like it's no deal but for you that may be accurate) you would have the longest story on GA ever?hint,hint

I'm not sure if I'll have that many, but we will see how close I come.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Totally awesome chapter as usual and Lady Ann seems to be fitting in quite nicely thank you very much. Lord James' smile must be a wide as the forth Bridge now. 

Looking forward to finding out exactly who his new sons are... When will we be welcoming our own little Adam or tiny Marie?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Kev said:

Totally awesome chapter as usual and Lady Ann seems to be fitting in quite nicely thank you very much. Lord James' smile must be a wide as the forth Bridge now. 

Looking forward to finding out exactly who his new sons are... When will we be welcoming our own little Adam or tiny Marie?

You can't push natuire. We willl have to wait for little Adam or little Marie

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..