Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,106 Words
  • 2,047 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 146. Chapter 146

Josef accompanied us back home, ready to assume Hans’s position. The boys at the school were glad to see me, and I learned how to use FaceTime.

Gerry and I talked each day, he smiled a lot, and I knew he was getting comfortable with the position. Hans told Josef that the people love him. I had planned on going over once a month for a week. We were going to review projects, the state of the country, and plans for further development.

It was late in the year when I had terrible dreams. Something was wrong, and I couldn’t place it. Little Marie got sick, and I thought that must be it. It wasn’t, and the dreams were getting worse.

I FaceTime with Gerry and told him I’m sending the plane for him and Hans. I gave him the time of arrival and told him to be at the airport. The plane is going to turn and fly right back. Do not tell anyone you are coming. Your dad gave me a job to do.

Joseph came to my office, and they are on the way back. “Josef, when he arrives, have the busses ready to take him, Hans, and the boys to the cabin.”

James notify Richard that I’m making an emergency trip to Liechtenstein. "There are problems there that Gerry will find hard to resolve. I will do it for him.”

“The busses are loaded.”

“Go, and I’ll call Mom and Dad and tell them the boys are coming.”

I went to our apartments, “Marie, the boys are going to the cabin. I want you and the family to go as well. You can ride the bus if you want, but you need to hurry.”

“Adam, you’ll tell me what is going on, won’t you?”

“Yes, when I return. Now go.”

I had the copter fly me to the airport. As soon as our plane landed, I had them refuel and get ready to go back. “Gerry, you are going fishing. Josef, see that he’s taken care of, he’s your Prince, don’t forget it. Hans, let’s go.”

We were in the air as soon as they finished refueling. “Hans, we have a job to do when we get there. We have an enemy among our ministers, he is trying to say the Prince is too young and the country needs an older and wiser man to rule it. I know who he is, and I’m going to put him on trial when we get there. You need to set up the meeting room for the trial. All I need is a long table.”

He looked at me in shock, “I never heard of anyone say that He wasn’t capable.”

“It isn’t a case of capability but one of greed. The Prince is a wealthy man but a generous man as well. You know more about him than anyone. Would you say he’s selfish, only looking out for himself, not caring about the country?”

“No, he is as generous as his father was. The people love him, and I can’t understand why a member of his staff would do such a thing.”

“Maybe we’ll find out. Did you do as I asked?”

“Yes, no one will know we’re coming back.”

“Does the Palace know He isn’t there?”

“They will find out this morning.”\

“Good, my friend will be surprised when he sees me.”

I slept a little. It was a good dream but an educated dream as well.

I had been studying German at school so that I could speak basic German. I spoke to Richard, and he confirmed my hypothesis and gave me the alternatives to offer in place of death. I was riled up and ready to shoot my bear.

“We arrived at the Palace. My butler was surprised to see me. I went to my room and changed into my, what I called, my royal clothes. Hans came with me.

Hans and I sat and had a light breakfast. One of his staff came and said the room was ready. When I walked into the room, the ministers were glad to see me. One tried to pull a Judas trick by shaking my hand. I gave him a hard stare, and you could see as he became uneasy.

Now was the time to speak in German, “My ministers, it has come to my attention that one of you is a Judas. Sowing discontent among a select few of our citizens, I’m here to resolve that issue.

“You don’t have the right.”

“Who here remembers the coronation of the Prince, who here remembers why I have a gold circle on my head? Please inform our beloved minister.”

I listened. Our beloved minister became anxious as Hans, and his men circled the table.

“Minister, you have been sowing bad oats. You have told the people that the Prince is too young and doesn’t have the knowledge to rule. One of you should rule, and that one is you. What gives you the right to say that? If something happens to the Prince, I would assume the rule, not you. Speak”

“He is too young, and he gives our money away on stupid projects.”

“Our money, (angrily) OUR MONEY, it isn’t our money. It’s his money. You are the greedy one, you have a position here, on his staff, and you stab him in the back. Before I impose a sentence on you, will you recant your comments to the people? Will you resign your position?”

“No, his father gave me this position, and only he can take it away.”

“You’re wrong. Hans, move this man to the cells below the Palace, have a priest come to hear his confession, tomorrow at 9, he will be hung for treason.”

I watched as Hans’s men came and picked him up and carried him out of the room. “Is there anyone else who feels like he does?”

To a man, “No, my Prince.”

“Let it be known why he is being hung, also let it be known anyone who goes against the Prince will be found out and treated the same way. Hans, pick up the citizens who sided with him. I’ll hold court after tomorrow. You, Ministers, will be the jury, but I hold the right to overturn your findings, and I’ll set the sentence. You are dismissed.” I got up and left, followed by Hans.

When we reached the sitting room, Hans knelt before me, “my Prince.”

“No, Hans, I’m his protector. And as long as I’m alive, no one will ever try that again. Now let’s sit and have a coffee.”

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 16
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 12
  • Angry 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hang the SOB...by his thumbs, then condemn him to a life in the sewers!

 

Edited by drsawzall
  • Like 3
Link to comment
13 hours ago, mikedup said:

Wow what a chapter, I definitely didn't think that would happen, but you almost always find snakes in the grass ready to pounce , Adam had a dream and it proved to be true, so the traitor will have to confess along with his sidekicks, interesting times ahead, the iron fist of Adam is going to fall

Adam doesn't fool around when it comes to protecting his sons.

 

13 hours ago, weinerdog said:

I was late to the previous chapter and as soon as I commented on it the new chapter got posted I swear I didn't have an advance copy of your chapter LOL.

Adam asked for alternatives besides death so I wonder if he's really going to go through with the hanging.I'm against any kind of death penalty but if I were to do that this would be one of the offenses.

If there is a question of a threat to the country and Gerry, then Adam will use any means to eliminate the threat.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
11 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Adam will deal with the Judas fairly and swiftly. He's there to look after Gerry when it's needed.

He will and the message will be clear, don't mess with the country or Gerry.  To Adam, Gerry and the country are one and the same.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Kev said:

WOW!!! Go Adam! Go Adam! Go Adam! give me an A.... you know the rest... Adam is our man, I would not want to be on the wrong side of him when he is in his bear persona protecting his cubs. I love that man! 

I love how the country feel it is their money... Strange they sit in a committee and assume that because the head is successful that it belongs to them... As I said go Adam!!! Absolutely loved it!! Best chapter yet:thankyou:🥰:thankyou: 

I think you will like the next chapter also. No one messes with Adam when. he is protecting Gerry and his country. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Clancy59 said:

Wow!  That’s a head spinner!  I don’t know if Adam has the chutzpah to actually order someone’s execution, even in his role as Regent.  Is Gerry aware of what is going on?  It will be interesting to see what the Council says about the other conspirators.

Adam will go to the end of the earth to protect his boys. Gerry probably couldn't do what Adam did, and so it was necessary for Adam to step in. No one will mess with Adam. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
9 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Hang the SOB...by his thumbs, then condemn him to a life in the sewers!

 

Hanging  he will do and the hangman won't be the one to hang him.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Chris L said:

And that my friends is known as some 'whoop ass'! 😂

And Adam is the one to 'whoop ass' if you try to harm country or Gerry. A quiet man that carries a big club.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..