Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,116 Words
  • 2,055 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 26. Chapter 26

Arriving at the motel, we decided to wash up and then head for the restaurant where we had lunch. I tried to get the boys to try another restaurant but Billy wanted to go back. I knew why, I smiled while I grabbed him and tried to give him a nookie.

Heading back to the restaurant, I saw our waitress from this morning. When she saw Billy she said something to an older woman, picked up five menus to show us to our seats. Sitting down, “You were here this morning, do you work from opening to closing?”

“Yes, my mom and dad own this so I help out when the regular waitress is off. My name is Ann and I’ll be your waitress today.”

I watched Billy take in every word she was saying. Mom and Dad gave her their selection, “Billy, have you made up your mind?”

Scotty leaned over to whisper in my ear, now when a 7-year-old whispers it’s just a little louder than a shout, “I think Billy likes her.”

I whispered back, “She is very pretty and I think you’re right.” I said that a little louder than a whisper. Billy’s face turned a slight red, Ann just smiled and gave Billy a wink.

I saw her talking to that older woman who I am certain is her mother. While she was talking, she looked over at our table. The mother looked and then smiled at her daughter.

When our dinners came Ann and her mother brought over our food. Ann introduced herself and her mother to us and I introduced my mom and dad along with Billy and Scotty. I mentioned that Mom and Dad had just bought a cabin about a mile from here.

“Oh, you bought George’s cabin. Did you know him before, we didn’t know it was up for sale until last week when George told us he sold it.”

“Yes, I have known George for a long time. We served together and always stayed in touch.”

Looking at me, “Are these your children?”

Before I had the opportunity to answer, “This is our uncle. My dad is his brother.”

I looked at Mom and I thought she was going to choke. Billy wasn’t finished, “We plan on being up here a lot before school starts.”

I saw Mom and Dad scoot a little closer leaving room for Ann to sit across from Billy. It was amusing to see the two teenagers interact. Billy was smooth and answered Ann’s questions openly and honestly. Billy had his questions it was almost like twenty questions. Since we weren’t in any hurry, we just sat and had a few cups of coffee while the teens talked. Eventually, when we thought we were ready to go, Ann offered to show Billy around. He looked at me, I knew what he wanted so I nodded my head ok.

When they left, Mom looked at me, “Now that, is how you get a girlfriend.”

Dad and I laughed. Poor Scotty missed the point, so I leaned over and tickled him. “Do you want my ice cream, I’m too full to eat it.”

My ice cream was loaded with chocolate syrup, need I say no more, when Scotty climbed on my lap and started to eat my ice cream. “Adam, those kids adore you.”

“Mom, I adore them as well. Bill and Jennifer are truly rich.”

“Adam, where did this uncle come from?”

“One day when I was at Bill’s, Scotty asked me if I was their uncle. Bill said yes, he’s the brother I never had. So from that day on, I was their uncle. I’m very proud to be their uncle. Scotty is a great guy and Billy will be an Olympic champion.”

Mom just patted me on my hand as she indicated two teenagers were coming back holding hands. “Works fast.”

“Her or him?” “Both”

“Uncle Adam, Ann says there is a dance in town tonight. Would it be possible for me to attend?”

“Wouldn’t you need a car to get to town from the motel?”

“Yes, unless you make me run it.”

“Do you have your license with you? Do you know my rules? And don’t forget we have a run tomorrow morning.”

Dad looked at me, “He’s ok. I trust him.”

“Is he on your insurance?”

“He is. Bill is an insurance agent for his company state-wide. I got a special deal being his brother, family discount.”

Dad laughed. I paid the bill leaving a tip. “We’ll go back to the motel and then you can take the car. Ann, are you going to tell him how to get there?”

“I’ll show him the way. It’s easy from the motel.”

“Why don’t you come with us and then you can have the car?”

It was a little crowded in the back, dad rode shotgun, Scotty sat on mum’s lap which left room for Billy and Ann to squeeze in. I knew Billy didn’t mind the close quarters.

I gave Billy the car but not before noting the mileage. “Billy, do you know what time the dance is over?”

Ann answered, “The music stops at 11.”

Now I may not have dated much but I wasn’t born yesterday. I knew I shouldn’t expect Billy back at 11 or even 12. I just hope he’s ready to run when I wake him in the morning.

Scotty and I got ready for bed, we were watching TV when I heard the car stopping in front of the room. I checked the clock and it was only 11:15. I really didn’t expect him until 12. He knew I was awake since the TV was on but Scotty was dead to the world. “How was the dance?”

“It was nice. Some of the music I never heard before, Ann said it was hill music.”

“I thought you would be back later?”

“Ann’s parents showed up. They asked if you were there, I said no. They said if you’re going to be using George’s cabin you should know they have a country dance every Saturday night. Ann went home with them.”

He knew what I was going to say before I said it. “Yes, I got a kiss good night.”

With that, I grabbed him and pulled him into bed. “Better get ready for bed, tomorrow will come early.”

I turned the TV off and got ready to go to sleep. “Thanks for bringing me with you Adam, I have had a great time.”

“You’re welcome, Billy. You already know I think you’re a great kid, my Olympic champion.”

Saying that and feeling Scotty curled up next to me, I fell asleep.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 38
  • Love 17
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

1 hour ago, Clancy59 said:

That almost sounds ominous!

Life is ominous and for Adam and Billy they are about to find out just how much it can be

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Adorable Ann and Sweet Marie, what more could Adam and Billy want in life? Absolutely loved the chapter. As you said I guess I'm just a romantic at heart.

Had my second jab this morning and still human, so guess it was a good thing... The horns haven't grown yet.😂:rofl:

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Romance is in the air! How can ones heart not be warmed with Billy's new love interest and the love both he and Scotty have for Adam. It takes a village!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Chris L said:

Romance is in the air! How can ones heart not be warmed with Billy's new love interest and the love both he and Scotty have for Adam. It takes a village!

You should finish you quote, "It takes a village...."   romances are like the flowers on a tree, not all of them produce fruit. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, CLJobe said:

Life is ominous and for Adam and Billy they are about to find out just how much it can be

Uh-oh I don't like the sound of that 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
35 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

Uh-oh I don't like the sound of that 

No need to worry, they are good guys. Every one has experienced some form of  ups and down. It's some of the many ways we learn, But fear not, we still have the Olympics

  • Like 3
Link to comment
56 minutes ago, drsawzall said:

Talk about fraught with possibilities....

Yep. let's see how they maximize those possibilities

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Even in a story about young love with the icing in the cake of the Olympics, Covid-19 has to rear its head. How long, oh Lord, will that evil monster dog our heels? The commenter, Kev, got his second jab, let us hope there are millions more like him who are now protected. I have two things worrying me, one, I am old (88) and, two, I live in Brazil, a country with a very high infection rate. But, in my favor, I live several miles out into the Rain Forest, and never have to go to town as my BF brings everything we need out into the country when he makes a trip to the market. 

  • Fingers Crossed 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Will Hawkins said:

Even in a story about young love with the icing in the cake of the Olympics, Covid-19 has to rear its head. How long, oh Lord, will that evil monster dog our heels? The commenter, Kev, got his second jab, let us hope there are millions more like him who are now protected. I have two things worrying me, one, I am old (88) and, two, I live in Brazil, a country with a very high infection rate. But, in my favor, I live several miles out into the Rain Forest, and never have to go to town as my BF brings everything we need out into the country when he makes a trip to the market. 

Make sure you and others wear a mask when you meet other people.  Minimize your risks until you are able to be inoculated 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..