Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 688 Words
  • 6,892 Views
  • 17 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 117. Chapter 117

Walking into the Dining Hall, as if all at once, "What’s the latest?”

“Anton was operated on this morning, he’s going to be fine. On his left leg, he had a fine line crack that will be healed within 7 to 10 days. His right leg was broken and pinching a nerve. That leg will take longer to heal. I expect him back towards the later part of next week.”

“Sir, my mother called last night, I’m going to stay.”

I grabbed him and hugged him, “Do you know what I needed today?” He shook his head no, “Good news and you just gave it to me.”

I looked at the table, “Have you already eaten?”

Then as if on cue, they all stood and headed to the line. “Lawrence, to whom did you send a copy of that disc?”

“Only the boys from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland”

“In other words Great Britain”

“That seminar was two summers ago, why the fuss now?”

“I’m recruiting staff for the King’s College.”

“There were some smart people on that disc”

“Yes, can I have it back?”

He smiled and handed it to me.

Supper was light, I didn’t have much appetite. Gerry sat beside me and was concerned about Anton. I told him what I knew and what Doc and Marie had said. “Could I go and see him?”

“Of course, you can come with me.”

“Sir, if you’re going to name the college King’s College, can we change our name also?”

“What, you don’t like Knight’s Academy?”

“It took them a while to realize what I said, James whispered, “When did you come up with those names?”

“Over the weekend. One of these weekends you and Annie need to come with me. And just so you know, Girls in the cabin and boys in the chalets unless you’re married.”

Heading back to my office I had a tail. As soon as I sat down, I had Gerry on my lap. “Dad, what’s the matter?”

I looked at him, “You know sometimes you feel that something bad is going to happen, but you try to shake it off only it won’t leave, that’s what has been bothering me for the last three days. But I think it may be leaving soon.”

He leaned into me, “When I’m 21, who will I lean into?”

“Me of course, I’ll always be near you, Gerry. You whistle and I’ll come, I made a promise to your dad and it was a lifetime promise. You wouldn’t mind if I name my first boy Gerry?”

“No, I’ll name mine Dr. Blake.”

I tickled him, I was comfortable with Gerry sitting on my lap. He looked at me, “The boys want to call you dad, would you let them?”

“As long as they know the difference between their real dad and me. They can call me dad out of respect and I’ll call them son out of love. How’s that?”

“What if they don’t have a father?”

“Then those boys get a special place in my heart, It isn’t fair for Billy to call me father or dad when he has a dad, he calls me Uncle. That’s a term of endearment as well. But if a boy calls me dad, I’ll call him son and if the boy doesn’t have a father, he can call me father, and I’ll call him son and put him in a special place in my heart, where you are.”

“Your chest is warm.”

“So is yours, must be the angels sitting on both of our shoulders.”

“I have to go, I have some studying to do, Thanks, Father.”

“Your welcome, son.”

“I walked the halls, as they say, I went down to the gym, there were few boys playing basketball. “Have you taught them horse yet?”

“No, I forgot that. I haven’t played that for years.”

I watched as he gathers the boys around him to introduce them to the game called horse.

I slept better that night, after talking to Marie, I felt better. The feeling wasn’t all gone but it wasn’t as strong.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 35
  • Love 18
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

8 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Does he have the time to learn German?

Gerry speaks German and he can  help Adam to learn phases.  I learn Spanish by giving a ride to work an employee of mine. Gerry can do the same

  • Like 5
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

Does Anton family wise only have his Grandmother?I ask that because if she passes it would only be logical for Adam to adopt him and Gerry is already like his brother 

Anton only has his grandmother. There are no other relatives. If she dies, Anton will become a ward of the court. I think long term, he will be a confidant of Gerry. I wouldn't surprise me that if push comes to shove, Adam would adopt him

  • Like 4
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Chris L said:

“Do you know what I needed today? ... Good news and you just gave it to me.” A great way to start the morning here! Thank you and definitely needed! ❤️

I hope that this sets your mood for the rest of the day. Thanks. you have given my day a boost.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Another great chapter, things are coming along nicely, hope Adam's premonition goes far...far away!!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
4 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Does he have the time to learn German?

That is a good question. He probably could pick up phrases from Gerry. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, drsawzall said:

Another great chapter, things are coming along nicely, hope Adam's premonition goes far...far away!!

I am taking a guess but I think it has something to do with the trustees.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, mikedup said:

A great easy chapter, a feeling that this is before a storm hits

The calm before the storm. Which will come In the form of the trustees, maybe

  • Like 4
Link to comment

This chapter reminded me of a song... "Something's coming, I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great...", but change the words to "Something's coming, I don't know what it is but if Adam's at the helm it is gonna be great..." You just know that he will weather the storm and the schools will be all the better for the change that is bound to happen after the storm. 

Excellent chapter, great for ending the day on:thankyou:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Kev said:

This chapter reminded me of a song... "Something's coming, I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great...", but change the words to "Something's coming, I don't know what it is but if Adam's at the helm it is gonna be great..." You just know that he will weather the storm and the schools will be all the better for the change that is bound to happen after the storm. 

Excellent chapter, great for ending the day on:thankyou:

Yes something is coming qbnd I'm, glad I'm on Adam's side.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
13 minutes ago, CLJobe said:

Yes something is coming qbnd I'm, glad I'm on Adam's side.

ditto... me too!!!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..